collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Dolls Thread #2  (Read 86915 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Dolls Thread #2
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
You guys should see some of the posts on the Disney Store's Facebook page today. If it's true it's really sad that some adults are willing to push children down/out of the way for Frozen toys. I love Frozen but I wouldn't do something like that just to get a doll or toy. Did anyone see that kind of craziness go on at your local Disney Stores? 
Our store lined people up outside before opening, and that became the line to the register (all of the Frozen stuff was behind the counter except the PVC figure set and some odds and ends). The only dolls in stock were Classic Anna and Elsa, the three toddler dolls, and singing Anna. I was hoping for either a singing Elsa or the Classic Hans, but alas, they didn't get any this weekend.

I'm actually going back to the Disney Store tomorrow morning for Star Wars day, so I'll have to see what's left  :P

And someone please talk me out of the Small World dolls. I don't need another collection but Holland gets harder and harder to put back on the shelf. I'm afraid I might crack!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2014, 10:14:40 PM »
You guys should see some of the posts on the Disney Store's Facebook page today. If it's true it's really sad that some adults are willing to push children down/out of the way for Frozen toys. I love Frozen but I wouldn't do something like that just to get a doll or toy. Did anyone see that kind of craziness go on at your local Disney Stores? 
Our store lined people up outside before opening, and that became the line to the register (all of the Frozen stuff was behind the counter except the PVC figure set and some odds and ends). The only dolls in stock were Classic Anna and Elsa, the three toddler dolls, and singing Anna. I was hoping for either a singing Elsa or the Classic Hans, but alas, they didn't get any this weekend.

I'm actually going back to the Disney Store tomorrow morning for Star Wars day, so I'll have to see what's left  :P

And someone please talk me out of the Small World dolls. I don't need another collection but Holland gets harder and harder to put back on the shelf. I'm afraid I might crack!

Woah, what did I miss? Did a lot of stores restock or something? Poor children....thats pretty sick! My DS now has a LINE to get into the store every morning. My aunt-in-law works at the JC Penny down the hallway. Its crazy. Everyday its like that, weekdays its busy traffic but weekends its way worse. Every time I visit people are asking for Frozen dolls and they have yet to get some in. The DS in Garland, TX occasionally gets the twin pack in if anyone is after then-try that location instead of Frisco!

karin_h

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2014, 08:39:36 AM »
They are trying to reduce scalping by limiting the sales to 2 per person and doing a raffle sort of thing to buy pretty much everything frozen. They keep the merch behind counter.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »

Woah, what did I miss? Did a lot of stores restock or something? Poor children....thats pretty sick! My DS now has a LINE to get into the store every morning. My aunt-in-law works at the JC Penny down the hallway. Its crazy. Everyday its like that, weekdays its busy traffic but weekends its way worse. Every time I visit people are asking for Frozen dolls and they have yet to get some in. The DS in Garland, TX occasionally gets the twin pack in if anyone is after then-try that location instead of Frisco!

Disney Store announced on their blog that they are holding the most popular Frozen merchandise (including the Classic and singing dolls) until Saturday morning to give the most people a chance to buy it. I thought they were only doing raffles for the Elsa dresses and everything else is supposed to be first come first served. From what I read on the Facebook page some managers are making their own rules. It's really sad/upsetting to read some of the posts. One lady wrote that a manager told her she couldn't go inside the store until everyone else had gone in because she had her young daughter with her.   (She said the manager said it was because they didn't want the kids to get hurt with everyone trying to get Frozen stuff) but by the time the lady was allowed in the store all of the Frozen stuff was gone.  Also some people are saying some Disney Stores are limiting items to 2 Frozen items total per person and some are limiting them to no more than 2 of the same item per person. 

The way I understand it is you are supposed to be able to buy up to 2 of the same item but no more. For example you can buy 2 Classic Elsas and 2 Singing Elsas but you can't buy 3 of the same item. Some people on the Facebook page said they had 3 items (no more than 2 of the same item) and were told they couldn't purchase them because it was 2 Frozen items per person.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:30:24 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
I think as high as the demand is it needs to be 1 per person til they can fix the distribution of Frozen merchandise in general. 

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »
Found this on Facebook:

Has anyone else seen any Maleficent dolls? Either the Disney Store or the Jakks? I want some!!!!

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »
Found this on Facebook:

Has anyone else seen any Maleficent dolls? Either the Disney Store or the Jakks? I want some!!!!
Those look awesome!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2014, 03:11:41 PM »
Are those the disney store versions? I haven't seen them yet.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »
Oh cool, DS version Maleficent dolls!!! Ive seen the ones at TRU recently, picture on the previous page. I like the clear box for the DS dolls!

I can understand limiting 2 Frozen items per person but jeeze now they are doing raffles? This is so like Turboman from Jingle All the Way!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »
Oh cool, DS version Maleficent dolls!!! Ive seen the ones at TRU recently, picture on the previous page. I like the clear box for the DS dolls!

I can understand limiting 2 Frozen items per person but jeeze now they are doing raffles? This is so like Turboman from Jingle All the Way!

Love that movie!
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »
oooooh, DS versions of Maleficent, nice!  I saw them all at TRU yesterday, I'm not as fond of the Aurora dolls, but I NEED both versions of Maleficent...I picked up the Coronation version though and I LOVE her!!

#100happydays  #day23 #maleficent #disney #doll #angelinajolie #gorgeous #playswithdolls by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2014, 04:05:50 AM »
She's gorgeous! I can't wait to pick her up.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2014, 08:40:02 AM »
Wow! She is absolutely stunning! I'm not planning on getting any of the dolls, but I know I want one of the mugs because I'm a mug nut!

And I've pretty much given up on getting Classic Elsa. She's not worth the stress so I'll wait 'til a time when she will hopefully be more readily available.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
So I was just poking around the internet and read that a LE 17" Aurora doll will be released (either July or October from rumors...) possibly with a surprise LE Malef villian doll! They would be based off the cartoons not the live-action.

Also the rest of the couples designer dolls will be released, rumor next year that a Jasmine 17" doll will appear in 2015.

So I also read the DS blog and wow apparently we can only buy Frozen dolls on Saturdays at opening time if the store gets any in? http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/2014/05/disney-store-frozen-merchandise-announcement.html well that stinks for me because I have Wed/Thurs off!

Post Merge: May 05, 2014, 09:11:39 AM

Called my DS.... i asked if they had any classic Anna dolls or any other Frozen merchandise and the CM replied," No ma'am we dont have any in our inventory and that partucular item is sold only on Saturdays and limited 2items per household try to stop by that day!" I thanked her and when I got off my phone I was like..."ughhh." but im not surprised, just hoping that it was only select stores did that on saturdays.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:12:33 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
Just ordered Classic Elsa online! Cost me $24, but I don't care! I saved myself from going insane by trying to get her in stores on Saturdays. I'm not worrying about Hans and Kristoff right now.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal