collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-pony item--seller being difficult! New dilemma UGH  (Read 602 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Non-pony item--seller being difficult! New dilemma UGH
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:20:16 PM »
So, a while ago, I bought a wig for a cosplay from a Chinese seller on Ebay. Fast forward a bit, it arrives, and it's nothing like the color pictured. :/ I know monitor color can vary a bit, but this goes beyond that--the wig in the picture is a grape-y sort of purple, and the wig they sent is bright magenta! :mad: So, I messaged them informing them of the error, and got in response:

"Hello friend; I'm sorry. Color is a little error. If you are not satisfied. What are the requirements? Would you please tell me? Thank you for your understanding."

I sent back:

"The color is a very serious concern since I bought this for a costume, and the pink wig will not work. :) I need a purple and blue wig, like the one in the auction picture."

No response. So yesterday (four days later; I thought they might just not work on weekends, so I waited), I messaged again:

"Look, I need some kind of resolution on this. The item you sent me was not the one in the picture; I either need the proper item, or a refund. I would prefer not to take this to Ebay, but I will if I have to."

Still no response. So, what would you do next?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:48:57 PM by Shiromisa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Non-pony item--seller being difficult!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:40:34 AM »
Ugg..how disappointing  :(

I think you have handled it just the way you should at this point. I suppose your next step is going to be to open a case if they refuse to message you back within a reasonable time. I know it's not the route that one prefers to take but I think they have left you with no choice. If it is the wrong item, they are obligated to fix it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:12:25 PM »
Thank you! :) I've gone ahead and opened a case, we'll see what they say...

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »
Have you heard anything Shiro?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
Nope, nothing yet. I guess the bright side of them not responding is, it'll be an easy case...but ugh, it's frustrating that they're not even trying to communicate.

Post Merge: March 28, 2014, 05:05:04 PM

Welp, spoke too soon. The seller has offered a half refund. Generally I'd accept that, but this item is literally useless to me. -_- So I've told them I really would just like the correct item (but if, for some reason, they're unwilling to do that, a full refund will do.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:05:04 PM by Shiromisa »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »
how frustrating! :(  I'm glad your seller is now attempting to resolve this, but its no good keeping an item that is useless to you and was sent in error by the seller. Hopefully they will just give you a full refund now - thats probably preferable  or you might risk having another one sent that is the wrong color

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 10:40:12 AM »
So, trying to talk to them last night was a frustrating experience. Their English is not great, which isn't helping, but the most frustrating thing is that they seem utterly unwilling to negotiate. They asked for the return of the wig in exchange for a full refund or a new product (I think it's interesting that they've never said "the correct product" or anything like it--just a new one). I said sure, that's totally fine, I just need them to pay the tracked return shipping, since shipping to China would be more than I paid. They're not willing to do that.

I thought we'd finally gotten somewhere last night, when they sent, "Yes friend. I consult with you. The project for you as a gift you received. I can refund your money. What do you think?" So I responded, "If you'd like to give me a full refund instead, that would be fine." The next reply was just utterly unreadable, and it was past 5 AM, so I went to bed. "I understand. Can I published project again. I'll send for you after the shelves of the project. thank you Or I return you all money. , "

Arrrrrrrrgh  :pullhair:

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
Threaten them with negative feedback. It sounds bad but I've noticed chinese sellers are desperate to preserve their feedback ratings.  If you mention you will leave negative if this isn't sorted they'll spring into action to please you

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
Threatening people with negative feedback is called feedback extortion and is a big no-no on ebay.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 06:17:12 AM »
Threatening people with negative feedback is called feedback extortion and is a big no-no on ebay.

Yes this. Feedback extortion will end up getting your account in trouble rather than the seller.

At the moment I would simply reply with the statement you do not understand and hopefully they will come back. Its always the risk you take when you buy from anyone not in an English language country - sometimes communication can be a little painful and involve a lot of back and forward in order to clarify.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »
So, an update! After MUCH back and forth (I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that was where my Saturday afternoon went), they have agreed to give me a full refund. (Feedback was not mentioned, but tbh after this rigamarole, a positive is out of the question--the best they can hope for is a neutral or none at all, I haven't decided which yet.) Buuuut, that was nearly 24 hours ago, and no refund has come yet. I'm about to go poke them about it.

Post Merge: March 30, 2014, 03:48:29 PM

Okay, now I'm even more frustrated. They chose to send me a payment via paypal instead of a refund--so not only were fees taken out, they can also turn around and open a case on me as soon as I close the ebay case. What in the world do I do now? :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:48:29 PM by Shiromisa »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Non-pony item--seller being difficult! New dilemma UGH
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
I would send it back (refund it), and send them a message saying they need to refund what you sent them, not send you a payment. And then I'd call ebay and get their advice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal