collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UGH Hasbroke strikes again  (Read 532 times)

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
UGH Hasbroke strikes again
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:27:37 PM »
Anyone else has a problem with pony hair lately? I bought the Fashion Style Fluttershy with the fabric streaks and holy moly the quality of the hair just makes me want to cry >:C

I tried to give it a wash and curl it a bit as I do with all my FS ponies but it kept coming off! it's ridiculously thin and delicate, it frizzes so easily too, I just put her back in the box and I doubt I'll get her out again... unless I'ts for a good rehairing

What the heck Hasbro, this toy is supposed to get bald from YEARS of little girls tugging and braiding her hair! Not bald after one or two plays!

I just hope other ponies don't have this kind of problem, it makes me so happy to wash and style their manes :'(

At least the paint was good, though the plastic noticeably thinner.... Hasbro this has to stop :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: UGH Hasbroke strikes again
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
I think this one may actually be a stylistic choice, rather than a cutting-corners one. She seems to be the only one who has that weird, fluffy hair. All the brushables since then have had normal nylon, iirc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
I watched a product review where they mentioned she had this hair intentionally because she has decorations that velcro onto the hair or something? It made me straight up decide that I wasn't going to buy her, that and her weird wing design. I'd say keeping her MIB would be best because keeping that hair dust free would be a nightmare. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »
Yes I believe her hair is intentionally that way in order to accommodate some of her accessories :) So this time, less Hasbro cheaping out and more a weird product decision.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:21:22 PM »
"Styling Strands" Fluttershy has super long, super soft/cottony hair. It may not be to your liking, but such a material will undoubtedly be more delicate than average pony hair and need gentle handling. Her ribbon strands are what the velcro barettes attach to from what I've heard... The rest of her hair is just very soft and pretty. Kids may find her ruined by rough handling but no doubt little girls in the 80s snapped many a Flutter wing, broke Secret Surprise saddles, yanked out Brush n Grow tails, wound Dance n Prance/Happy Tails knobs too hard, and crushed/rubbed off the big fluffy eyelashes on those Princess ponies. Some people can handle a delicate toy and some can't, toy manufacturers will continue making them and it's up to the purchaser to decide if the item is right for their style of handling. If you really didn't like SS Fluttershy then I would reccomend sticking to normal fashion style ponies. Coming up next in the Rainbow Power line is Styling Strands Rarity, but there will also be regular FS Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash with rollerskates.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 04:56:07 PM »
This is interesting, I have been on and off about getting her :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »
I think the hair on Stylin' Strands Fluttershy is meant for the velcro hair decorations :/ so you can also stick it on directly to the hair as well as the fabric ribbons
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that hair.  It may be that way by design, but it's a TERRIBLE design.  It's a rats nest straight out of the box.  Removing the stitched plastic strips messes up the hair, and a few clumps of hair came out from just that.  Just simple brushing to get it to the point that I could section it to braid it left me with balls of broken hair.  And I mean BALLS of hair.  This is straight out of the box, and I've been brushing ponies for 30 years, and handling ponies as a collector for almost 20!  I know how to handle pony hair, and I know how to be gentle.  I just braided it to keep it from getting worse, and even that was a struggle. 

It may be on purpose, but it's completely unacceptable.  It looks all pretty in the box, but once you get it free from all the packaging, it's completely useless for anything.   It fluffs up if you so much as look at it, and it comes out in clumps if you brush it.  It's in need of more than a gentle handling.  It's a complete mess, and no matter how gently you handle it, it's still going to look terrible.  Whoever made the decision for that particular product shouldn't be allowed to make any more decisions for MLP.  Terrible!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 06:59:52 AM »
And there is supposed to be a Rarity of the same style coming later in the year; I agree the hair is a pain and I guess we can hope Hasbro change it or perhaps just dont include the velcro accessories and replace that hair type with regular nylon.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 12:16:44 PM »
I got mine from Taobao.... thought I had a dodgy one, reject, knock-off as the hair was just so bad. It was literally so tangled that in getting it conditioned and able to sort it out I'm sure enough hair to rehair a brushable came out :huh:

Buuuuut, seeing this makes me realise that my desires to buy a boxed one thinking it will be better, regular quality, are unnecessary :( (but good for the wallet :) )

Ah well, at least I know!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal