collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Doll Thread #2  (Read 65634 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Doll Thread #2
« Reply #1395 on: March 07, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
I was just looking at those! They are so beautiful and I'm glad to know you're finally getting a doll you want for years.  That's very cool.

I'm just dying over the the little centaurs.  I want to join in but, I know the one I want most and saved for will have a black body.  But sooo hard to wait.   I hope you get the centaur you wanted suppi,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1396 on: March 08, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
I couldn't help myself. I sold a doll on ebay a few weeks ago and the payment FINALLY cleared to my paypal account... just in time for the centaurs to come out. I had basically exactly the right amount, just had to pay for shipping. Otherwise I never would have been able to talk myself into it.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 08, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »
Im in the same boat NoD, I was struggling to figure out how to pay then my payment for a big commission came through and I sold a doll unexpectedly and I have just the right amount!   ^.^ Ive never been able to pay in full immediately for a new doll directly from the company so I'm very excited. Ill also be getting a pink Tyltyl, but in ns  :biggrin:

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1398 on: March 08, 2015, 11:10:55 AM »
Yay! Congrats, NoDivison and Rhini! I can't wait to see your centaurs. You'll be getting them way before I get mine! I wouldn't have been able to even DREAM about getting my Tinytaurs either had I not just sold a few Greek ponies unexpectedly.

I never showed y'all my Dollzone Dale, did I? The seahorse one? I got her months and months ago but then all my personal stuff hit the fan -- anyway, I am just starting to get the supplies for her faceup and body blushing, and I had two questions.

First, what foreceps do y'all use for restringing? I am WAY too confused by all the choices. She's a tiny, 20cm tall and DenverDoll lists the 'width' (of what, exactly?) as 2.5 cm.

Second, I want to cover her in iridescent glitter 'scales'. Is regular Elmer's Glue the way to go here? I already have Liquitex Spray Matte ordered for sealent, and Windsor Newton Iridescent ordered for the pastel/chalk/watercolor medium.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:14:07 AM by Jadis4742 »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 08, 2015, 05:27:51 PM »
I need a tinytaur in my life badly, but unfortunately, I just spent all my cash on a dream trip to NYC for some acting workshops at the prestigious Playhouse Theatre. (ok, so not unfortunately, but rather fortunately lol) and my family has suddenly become in a tight monetary situation and I"m helping out. SO, I'll have to wait for another release. Luts had said there would be a satyr/esse tinytaur release but it didn't happen this time around so, here's to hoping! Congrats to all those who are getting one, I"m sure you'll all be smitten.
Also, Dakashy, congrats on your gargoyle girl! I loved the cartoon as a child.
Jadis: I have a Wendy! Aren't they the cutest little dolls? Sorry I can't help with stringing, though...

Offline bluemoon.hk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 09, 2015, 07:29:35 AM »
I really really want that tinytaur pony-butt.
But I don't know where to find people for split/ layaways. D:

If I don't get someone, I think I might buy the Hiedi head and sell it later? Seems like Hiedi is new and popular.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1401 on: March 09, 2015, 08:05:28 AM »
Well darn. I was hoping to be one of the first 50 people to order the new tinytaurs so I could get the limited orange resin parts, but nope :( Didn't really need to wake up at 3am to order then XD

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1402 on: March 09, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »
Lovely, Lovely, and Lovely.. Awesome photos. I've been really interested in BJD lately. I will probably get into them for my next hobby. I wouldn't be able to paint faces or make clothes, but collecting and photographing are something that interest me. Right now I'm just browsing the expanse of them. So many on my want list.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #1403 on: March 09, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »
Holy moly...that Soom girl!  I've been wanting an MSD bat-girl for YEARS, and she would fit the bill perfectly...wonder if I can manage to come up with the funds before she sells out.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 09, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
^Isn't she beautiful?  I really love her in the violet skin but the grey is equally intriguing.

Aww... NoDivision, I'm sorry.  I'm hoping there will be extra centaur parts available too.  I'd love to have a different set for fun.  Pink, blue, orange or brown.  I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #1405 on: March 10, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
^Isn't she beautiful?  I really love her in the violet skin but the grey is equally intriguing.

She's gorgeous!  I kinda want her in the cream white, then she can be blushed with a darker tan color...the character I need her for is a darker tone, but not grey.  But, OMG, she could be grey.  That is a lovely color.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 10, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Nothing as great as a new doll but I did get my girl some new clothes ordered. I can't wait till they get her. One of my favorite sellers on Esty custom made me a dress it's super cute!!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 10, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »
That Gargoyle girl is so adorable! Super congrats!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 10, 2015, 11:53:54 AM »
Oh I love the new bunny nine girl, but I promised my hubby that the body he gave me would be it for this year unless I sell someone else. Gah!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 10, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
I'm on a buying restriction too.  I just ordered one of Marmite Sue's new "moonglass resin" dolls-  I thought I was so clever putting it on my card, thinking I would sell my more precious/expensive ponies and other dolls to pay for it- and my wife would never be the wiser :)   (That's what I did with the last doll)

Unfortunately- the credit card declined my transaction as a "potential fraud" and for some reason the email went to both of us- so I got a call from her while I was traveling- wanting an explanation. 

Normally we have fantastic communication- and I am not normally a sneak!  But did you know that it is VERY hard explaining to a non-doll non-collector person- why anyone would pay more than $1000 for a single doll ?  I promised that the funds would come out of my sales, but she still thinks I am crazy and/or wasting money on stupid stuff ...  ah well, at least my doll is coming now-  hopefully by Christmas.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal