collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Doll Thread #2  (Read 65843 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Doll Thread #2
« Reply #1005 on: December 04, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »
^ I had to google him.  But wow! Congrats!  That's one incredibly detailed doll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1006 on: December 04, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
! I don't want to buy him clothes lol. Honestly, there is so much amazing detail in the body that it's a shame to cover it! Haha. I may just get him jeans and let him be shirtless. Invest the money into getting him some tattoos instead.

I like this idea. Do this! hat body is seriously gorgeous.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »
I bought my first littlefee faceplate. Now I need to find a body to go with it. Wish me luck. I really don't wanna have to buy a whole doll just for the body.

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #1008 on: December 04, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »
Does anyone have a MNF Risse they want to sale? All the ones have either just sleeping heads, are the fullset and the one random one that's painted yellow and black. (Which looks pretty cool but not what I want.) I hate ordering from FL because I am so impatient~

Also my fullset Celine came in and she's so pretty. p3p Random crappy picture just because:

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1009 on: December 04, 2014, 10:30:38 PM »
^ I had to google him.  But wow! Congrats!  That's one incredibly detailed doll.

Isn't he?!  Thank you!  :)  I couldn't resist!  There are other amazing male doll sculpts too, but I think that Ringdoll's new bodies have really stepped up their game.  I like him just as much as some of the $1,000 dolls and I'm paying half of that.

I probably should have mentioned before:  Before you google the RGMbody-3 sculpt, you should know that he is anatomically correct and very detailed.  The Ringdoll website has all of the naughty bits pixelated and you can find it listed under "Ring Parts", but there may be other images that pop up without the censor on Google.  Just in case doll nudity freaks you out lol (and as a hilarious side note, I have discovered that apparently his um... privates... are also jointed.  Another person in my local doll group has a Ringdoll boy and told me.  Why anyone would feel the need to joint THAT part of the doll is beyond me.  But it cracks me up).

The links to the full doll don't have any nudity in them.  :)

This is Warren:  http://www.ringdoll.com/goods.php?id=136

And this is the head I am getting for free:  http://www.ringdoll.com/goods.php?id=447

I haven't decided which head I will be keeping because I love them both.  I'll choose when I can compare them in person.  :)

! I don't want to buy him clothes lol. Honestly, there is so much amazing detail in the body that it's a shame to cover it! Haha. I may just get him jeans and let him be shirtless. Invest the money into getting him some tattoos instead.

I like this idea. Do this! hat body is seriously gorgeous.

I like the idea too, lol.  Thanks!  XD  I don't really think he'll be the kind of guy that wears sweaters lol.  His body is what made me want to buy him.  It's just stunning.  :)  No way I want to keep it hidden!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1010 on: December 04, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
I could also see him in some unbuttoned shirts *nod* Ya know, for when it seems inappropriate to be completely naked :P (Also, he must have low rise jeans. Because yeah...)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1011 on: December 05, 2014, 05:17:18 AM »
That's exactly what I was thinking, NoD. Since most of my dolls are technically kids and thy live in top of my pony cabinets, it seems weird to have him totally starkers all the time lol. He might get some tank tops in the summer. Gotta show off those arms lol. ;)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 05, 2014, 11:14:57 AM »
Wow I love that Celine (what a cool hat!)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 07, 2014, 05:28:04 AM »
I'm ordering my first BJD soon (as in, really soon!  Before January, I believe) and I'm soooo excited.  I'm getting ResinSoul Tang.  I have have a question, though.  Am I better off ordering directly from ResinSoul or ordering him from the Denver Doll Emporium?

I really love his face sculpt and I'm really excited to get him.  I'm not totally sure exactly what I want him to look like yet, but I do know that I want him to have freckles.  Beyond that, I'm kind of waiting until I have him in hand to make any major decisions like eye and hair color.  I mean, I have some ideas, but I think seeing him in person will help me choose.  I am going to get the factory face up option, and probably try my hand at adding the freckles myself since I'm pretty good at that kind of thing usually.  Anyway, if it does't work out I'll just send him to a professional.  Granted, I'll probably do that anyway, but once I finally get him, I'll want to have him around for a while before I go sending him off!  :biggrin:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 07, 2014, 06:35:38 AM »
Oh, good luck with your first BJD, HelloGoodbye! There are good sides for both ordering places, but I might go with DDE. Resinsoul's sister company Bobobie is infamous for bad communication and that makes me a but wary about Resinsoul, too. With DDE you should have better communication. :)

Sometimes the dolls have their own plans regarding how they'll look, so it's good you don't have anything solid planned. It also allows you to play with him more and really get to know the doll. :D

Tomorrow I should be getting a MNF Soony elf head I bought from a fellow Finn, I'm really excited about it! Her name will be Yume, as she has been in my dreams since I got into BJD's. I have always wanted a Minifee Soony and now it's coming true :lovey:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 07, 2014, 07:43:33 AM »
I would order directly from resinsoul.  They are super fast, nothing like bbb. The service is excellent.  I've ordered from them multiple times and none of the dolls have taken more than a month to arrive.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 07, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »
That's good to hear, Hannaliten :D

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 09, 2014, 05:43:44 PM »
Put the first down payment on my littlefee body!! Can not wait til I can pay it off and have her put together. Gotta figure out a face up for her now.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 10, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »
Oh gosh, even though I haven't ordered him yet I'm already looking at clothes and things for him!  I'm waiting until after finals are over for the semester before I do anything, though.  I'm so glad that I finally found a sculpt that I love in a size that I want that is in my price range!

edited to add:
So, I've been looking at more owner pictures and stuff and I didn't realize how muscular the ResinSoul Tang body is.  I love the face, but for the character I have in mind for him the body isn't quite what I had in mind.  Is it possible to order the Tang head on a different body from the same company without doing them as two separate orders?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:05:01 PM by HelloGoodbye »

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 11, 2014, 07:08:39 AM »
Just shoot RS an email with what body you want and order through that. They are very good for mixing their doll parts!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal