collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

clover

have her
16 (27.6%)
want her
30 (51.7%)
army
0 (0%)
lemme think a bit more
9 (15.5%)
she's new to me
3 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: March 20, 2014, 11:06:43 AM

Author Topic: POTD 3/17/2014 Clover  (Read 427 times)

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 3/17/2014 Clover
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 01:05:40 AM »
She's new to me but I think she's cute! If I saw her for sale and I had the funds, I'd probably get her.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 02:08:24 AM »
Have her... shes one of my childhood ponies. I sold her once, but shes now with me again.

It still touches me a lot to see her <3

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My grandma bought her for me back then in 1993, when the first TRU store in our area had its grand opening. We went to the opening ceremony and I was allowed to pick a new toy; I still remember the day so vividly. In the end we left with two new toys (and a huge bag of candy lol), a brand new (talking) Barbie doll and a new pony : Clover! It was a hard choice, I had to choose from way to many ponies lol. They had all the new ones, the Family ponies (Sunbright Family and so on), the 7 Tales Ponies, and many many more...
I have to admit that I did not like her that much at first. I had seen the MLP Tales cartoon and was a bit sad that Clover was that big... I expected her to be much smaller compared to the other adult ponies. But I took her home with me in the end.

When I started collecting in 2004 I did not have much money to spend on ponies, almost nothing you can say lol. I had a baby girl and if you have kids you know : the baby is of course always first and so no money was left for plastic ponies. But still, I wanted some very badly so I decided to part with some of my own ponies to trade them for others. Stupid mistake... very stupid.
I decided to sell Clover then. A 12yo girl that was new to the german community wanted her badly, so I sold her. 12€ was her price, including shipping. Few days later the pony was gone and I bought some other ponies on a fleamarket for the money. And diapers lol. ... and I started to regret it already.
The regret got worse during the years. I wanted her back but the girl who had bought her had disappeared and there was no way to get the pony back. I decided to buy another Clover but failed many times. One got lost in the mail, one got lost because the seller (and Im a 100% sure if that) never shipped her. One never came home to me because the person who bought her for my birthday soon decided to keep the pony herself. One was sold to another collector before my payment came in... and so on. It was crazy. I never got one.
Then, 6 years after I sold Clover it happened!! In 2010, a girl, 18yo, came to the german community. We talked a little, she was very nice. A few days later she sent a PM telling me that she had seen my wishlist and that I was looking for a new Clover. She told me she had one for sale, asking 12€ because that was what she had payed. She sent me some photos then, telling me that the pony was mint conditioned except for the "V" under one of her feet. ...and then I almost fell off my chair when I realized it!!! An 18yo girl selling a pony I sold 6 years ago to a 12yo girl back then? 12€, the same price I sold her for? And a "V" under her feet??? (You need to know that as a kid I always signed my ponies with my first letter ("V") to prevent my "friend" stealing my ponies from me....)... could it be my old Clover??
The days of waiting where hard. It was christmas time and packages came in very slowly as every year around christmas. It almost needed 3 weeks to arrive but it finally came!! And in there ... was Clover. And it was true!! It was my "V" under her foot, it really was MY OLD PONY :D I told the girl about it all and she only replied "Im glad you got her back, I always knew she had to go home one day." ...
The girl disappeared from the forum again soon. Never talked to her again. I still imagine sometimes, that she only came back to find Clovers true home or something...

Clover, since she came back, is one of my most treasured ponies. She reminds me of holding on to things you love! And she reminds me of my grandma, who sadly passed away in 2011. She will never be forgotten, as I will never forget the love she gave me.

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »
I had her and her sisters but they have recently gone to a new home......I am sure she will be very happy there!

Here they are!

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:28:18 AM »
Love her! Such a pretty pony!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 08:54:03 AM »
Yep, she's the only 7 Tales pony I have so far. She is so cute!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
Shes on my want list. I really like the Tale's ponies. I don't have any of them. Maybe someday I shalll get them.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »
I've wanted Clover for a good few years now. I've tried a few times to get her, but things never worked out for me. But someday, oh yeah, someday!

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal