collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need eBay help (non-MLP purchase)  (Read 952 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Need eBay help (non-MLP purchase)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
In future, I would honestly avoid HK/China sellers if you absolutely want genuine goods. Very often the merchandise they are selling are bootlegs or, at best, factory rejects. There are honest sellers, of course, but on the whole they're not selling genuine goods (which is also why the prices are so much lower than buying genuine stuff). A lot of them avoid claiming genuine goods, or will call it "Chinese version" (this happens a lot with bootleg figures).

As the official information on the label is clearly fake, this might just count as a bootleg under Ebay's terms, as it's quite obviously trying to appear as official merchandise when it isn't.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:48:45 PM »
In future, I would honestly avoid HK/China sellers if you absolutely want genuine goods. Very often the merchandise they are selling are bootlegs or, at best, factory rejects. There are honest sellers, of course, but on the whole they're not selling genuine goods (which is also why the prices are so much lower than buying genuine stuff). A lot of them avoid claiming genuine goods, or will call it "Chinese version" (this happens a lot with bootleg figures).

As the official information on the label is clearly fake, this might just count as a bootleg under Ebay's terms, as it's quite obviously trying to appear as official merchandise when it isn't.

^Totally agree with this. You will really end up getting what you pay for. That being said I have had many pleasant transactions with sellers from HK.

Just out of curiosity, could you upload a photo of the tag? The whole "san-io" thing is definitely a solid sign it is a knockoff. I collect Sanrio and they are simply not a company that makes that kind of mistake.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »

^Totally agree with this. You will really end up getting what you pay for. That being said I have had many pleasant transactions with sellers from HK.

Just out of curiosity, could you upload a photo of the tag? The whole "san-io" thing is definitely a solid sign it is a knockoff. I collect Sanrio and they are simply not a company that makes that kind of mistake.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know I've seen a similar tag on authentic Sanrio items, but the writing on the back, especially the mis-typed web address looks off.

Before buying the bags (2 of 3 were counterfeit) I had only bought MLP items from Chinese sellers and they all seemed authentic to me. I actually wasn't worried about getting any counterfeit items because I didn't think eBay allowed it. Now I know better.

I ended up asking the seller of the pink bag if they could just do a partial refund instead of me sending it back for a full refund. I really didn't want to have to pay to mail the bag back to China because international shipping is so expensive. So the seller agreed to refund 25% of what I paid and let me keep the bag. I'm fine with that. It's still a cute bag, and I think if I never saw the photos they had in the listing, I wouldn't have been disappointed at all.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
Now I can definitely say it's 100% counterfeit because even the Japanese is wrong (among other issues they misspelled Sanrio in Japanese, pretty sure that would NEVER happen if it was authentic)  >_<

Glad you were able to come to an agreement with the seller though!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 03:38:45 PM »
Check out her feedback - and watch your paypal window! You may end up having to open a case here.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »
Check out her feedback - and watch your paypal window! You may end up having to open a case here.

Overall the seller doesn't have much negative feedback at all. How much time should I wait for the partial refund before filing a case? I purchased the bag on March 7th.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 04:02:43 PM »
I'd give them until about day 40, then open a case. It's great to give the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes they just string you along, and I'd say that's what's happened to the few that have neg and neut fb with them! I'd chase down that partial.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a significantly NAD case mean you don't have to return the item?

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
The seller did refund me the 25%. So I'm ok with it. It is a cute bag and I've thought about trying to track down one like was shown in the listing, but I'd rather not try for another one from a different seller, only to be disappointed again.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
I'm happy to hear that the seller refunded you 25% for an error on their part.

It doesn't hurt to try tracking it down, just remember to look for Sanrio and Genuine/Authentic in the listing details/description.

The thing is, although that bag doesn't match that picture exactly, it doesn't state in the listing that it's genuine or that it's made by Sanrio. That doesn't make it a counterfeit, it makes it a knockoff.

You know how much they should go for, so when you see one going for 1/4-1/2 the regular price, chances are it's fake.

I thought I would include the breakdown of the definitions of both words as it's seen in the fashion industry. I just think that it's important to understand that there is a difference between the 2 (1 is breaking the law and the other isn't)

Spoiler
Knockoffs – This refers to an item that looks very similar to the original design but likely doesn’t misappropriate the original designer’s name, logo, print, etc. For instance, a Rare London dress with  a Rare London label that is nearly identical to a Michael Kors dress. This is perfectly legal in the US.

Counterfeits – A counterfeit is a garment or accessory produced by a company that is knowingly and deliberately using another’s logo, print, name, etc. without the authorization to do so. This is almost always paired with the company’s intent to deceive the consumer by presenting itself as another brand via a fake logo, fake tags, etc. Trademark counterfeiting amounts to trademark infringement, but not all infringements are counterfeits as counterfeits are narrower in scope. A counterfeit refers to a trademark made to look identical to or substantially indistinguishable from the actual mark, and is one intended to cause consumer confusion about the source of the counterfeit goods or services by using this mark on the same classes of goods that the authentic trademark owner’s registration extends to

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
That's actually interesting. I thought counterfeit and knockoff were the same thing.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 09:35:48 PM »
It looks like you got your charger, but if you ever need more in the future and want to be sure it's authentic, Nintendo sells them in their replacement parts store: http://store.nintendo.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal