collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your age!

14 to 21
52 (15%)
22 to 30
167 (48.1%)
31 to 40
120 (34.6%)
41 to 50
6 (1.7%)
51 and Up
2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 279

Author Topic: What is your age you Pony collector?  (Read 11276 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: What is your age you Pony collector?
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
I didn't mean to offend anyone by stating that I thought more members would be in 31-40 bracket lol, I'm not at all surprised that the majority are in the 22-40 category :P

I grew up with G1's although I don't remember watching the cartoon, I had lot's of ponies and playsets :) I don't ever recall seeing G2's at all, I loved the G3 line and well now there's G4's :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
I'm 18! I grew up with the Gen 2 video game and I had the canopy bed playset

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2014, 03:28:20 PM »
I am 32  ;) grew up with the G1!!  :lol:
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
I'm retired and that puts me in the last category!  :)   I got into MLP through my daughter who also is an avid collector.  I love going to local pony meets and to the Fair when we can.  G2 is my favorite generation (for now), although I enjoy making G1 plushies!   

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »
I
I didn't mean to offend anyone by stating that I thought more members would be in 31-40 bracket lol, I'm not at all surprised that the majority are in the 22-40 category :P

I grew up with G1's although I don't remember watching the cartoon, I had lot's of ponies and playsets :) I don't ever recall seeing G2's at all, I loved the G3 line and well now there's G4's :D

I did not get to see the cartoons that were on tv. Pretty sure we did not have the canal for it. We were poor and did not have a lot of extra things.  I did have the Pony movie on VHS. My mom bought it at a rummage sale. There was a lot of pony stuff that I did not know about back then!

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
I am A 34yr old MLP Collector I collect Monster High Dolls to and other dolls

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:23 AM »
I'm 34 but will be turning 35 May 1st :) I've been married for almost 5 years and am currently a housewife. I have an adorable little cat named Chani who is 2 years old.

Little more background about me: I have a M. Sc. degree in biochemistry (2007) and a Lab Tech degree (2011) but job hunting has proved extremely difficult since I neither have 2+ years experience or family/friends who can recommend me for jobs in my field so no company seems willing to give me a chance despite great grades and fantastic lab results :(

I'm currently trying to conceive and will be looking into working at an animal shelter after I've been on "maternity leave"  :)

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:27 AM »
I'm 21 but closer to 22, just a few more months. I was 19 when I started collecting, I started with G4 and hadn't seen a My Little Pony older than G3, so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered G1 and fell in love with them. I collect all generations now, but G2 and G3.5 are a bit underrepresented. :P

I've graduated University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and have been working as a Dog Groomer for the last 3 years. It was the first job I applied for at the first salon I walked into, right place at the right time.  ;)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »
32...until tomorrow :P

Oh and I also thought more people would be in that 31-40 bracket :) Its kind of cool to see a bit of a shift though from what these polls would have suggested in the past.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sandi

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2014, 06:28:34 AM »
21, turning 22 in September.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2014, 06:57:32 AM »
Keep it coming everyone :) I love reading the little bit about you all to :)

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2014, 07:03:25 AM »
I just realized I didn't put anything about myself. So here goes:

I'll turn 28 in June. I am married to a United States Marine so that's what brought me out to the DC area (originally from a small town in Minnesota). I graduated with a degree in accountancy and attained my CPA license in 2011. I work for the Federal Government. I have 1 dog, 5 cats, and 7 rats. So my house is a little hectic with all the animals roaming about. I actively collect MLPs, Care Bears (over 4000!), and a few other things. I'm running out of room in my house so I'm trying to just stick with mainly ponies and care bears! :D

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2014, 08:53:01 AM »
I'm 37, married for 14 years and we have 2 kids ages 11 and 7. I got a flat foot Butterscotch for Christmas right before my 5th birthday and I still have her, Confetti, Sundance and Posey from my original collection of 13. I sold the rest of my collection plus the two story carrying case at a garage sale when I was 11 or so but I've made up for that since I started recollecting after having my first daughter. My collection is mainly G1 and G3 and I probably have 500 total? I also have a few other complete collections~Sea wees Tropigals and Icygals sets with sponges and accessories, Strawberry Shortcake and Kenner shimmers.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more members in the "31-40" category considering that's the category that would describe those of us who grew up with the original generation.
Those of us in our late 20s also grew up with G1.... Sure, we would have been a lot younger, but we were there, and I would imagine may continued to get and play with the toys even after production ended.

Personally, I suspect the majority of G1 collectors fall between 25 and 40, which would be split between those two age categories in the poll.

I agree Elisto. I grew up with G1 MLPs. Granted they were Years 9 and 10, but I did pick up a few Year 6 ponies here and there as I got older. I also watched MLP: Escape from Catrina and MLP Tales as a kid, too. Oh and I think I had the MLP thermos! :) So I also suspect an age of mid to late twenties through early 40s for most collectors! ;)

Yeah, I'm 26, and I grew up in the last years of MLP and remember buying some straight from store shelves. Li'l Honeypie, the mermaid Baby Sea Princess, and sparkle Baby Gusty. A lot of my ponies came secondhand. They were rather easier to find back then, kind of like Barbies are.

I started truly collecting (buying ponies regularly, joining online communities) when I was pretty young -- like, 11 or 12 -- and back then (around 2000 or so) most of the collectors were in the age bracket that grew up with the earlier years of G1 MLP and I was kind of unusual. It's interesting to see how that's changed a little now with new generations of ponies adding younger fans.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
This is cool to see what you all have to say about yourselves :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal