collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The store still has that pony?!  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: The store still has that pony?!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 08:22:46 AM »
Rite Aid had G3.5 Cheerilee up until last year sometime. I wish I'd gotten her. By the time I decided I wanted to collect Ponies from every generation, even that one, she was gone.

Right now they have a wedding single Rainbow Dash and also her crystal keychain. Or they did a few weeks ago, which means they probably still have them. They're charging $9 for the wedding single! Bleh, drug store prices.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2014, 03:45:13 PM »
My local Toys R Us is  having trouble getting rid of their Favorites Collections - and I mean the first one with Nightmare Moon! Although I guess it isn't THAT old. And they have the first two Ponyville/blindbag-sized Collectors Sets, and a fair amount of them, too!
I'll put something here some time

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »
The Hastings in my town has tons of 3.5 stuff
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2014, 08:37:02 PM »
I found plumsweet, dewdropdazzle, feathermay and snowcatcher at a dollar general last year and it was buy 1 get 1 half off. Havent noticed anything like that recently though

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »
My local Rite Aid had a G3 Sweetie Belle with writing on her in late 2012. I almost picked her up because I was so shocked to see something G3 still on a shelf.

The same store has been known to cough up old-ish stock. There's a Trixie brushable with DVD that shelf warmed for months last Spring.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 01:42:45 AM »
Target @ ballarat today had rd camping set - my daughter was stoked as she's been wanting it for ages!! Gotta love country towns :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 06:23:37 AM »
I found Cherry Pie at Barnes and Noble, but I guess she's not that old is she?

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 07:35:02 AM »
Back about 1995 I was in a small town store and they had a Happy Tails Tabby MIB. They were asking about $12 and I convinced my dad to buy it for me. Back whe there were still TG&Ys which in OK was about 1997/98 they still had Sunshine Pony Mainsail. Never did manage to buy her. More recently I found Lyra at my Walmart hiding among the masked ponies. I grabbed her! Now my DD9 is clamoring for one of her own...lol
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:47 PM »
I found Cherry Pie at Barnes and Noble, but I guess she's not that old is she?

Old enough that she doesn't tend to turn up much! I regret not buying her and the other new Ponies from those lines. I only have Diamond Rose, Trixie, and Lyra other than main 6 singles. I had no idea that non-main 6 Ponies would become so rare.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
My target has a couple Wysterias and a glitter pinkie.  And masqurade ponies. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »
I see quite a few stores here still with ponyville - and it's NEVER discounted. Actually the same Rarity's carousel set has been sitting at my local Big W for several years - I know it's the same one because there's a scratch on the box, and it's still got the $50 on it it has the day they released it!

Yeah I don't get why they don't discount the long-term shelf-warmers. We've had that rainbow set of 7 blind bags at Tesco here for...two years? Maybe more? They reduced the price for a bit and then increased it. Because if no one's buying it at £8, charging £13 is totally gonna encourage it?

Too true. Every Tesco I am in still has these sitting on shelves. In fact 2 of my local stores are stocking no other pony items other than these. Which are no doubt the same packs as have been there from the start.

My local independent toy store still has G3.5 blind bags while TK Maxx has various G3.5 mermaid sets and about a half dozen Easter Fluttershys who have been shelf warming for a couple of years now.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »
I keep hoping to find an Easter Fluttershy!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »
I see quite a few stores here still with ponyville - and it's NEVER discounted. Actually the same Rarity's carousel set has been sitting at my local Big W for several years - I know it's the same one because there's a scratch on the box, and it's still got the $50 on it it has the day they released it!

Yeah I don't get why they don't discount the long-term shelf-warmers. We've had that rainbow set of 7 blind bags at Tesco here for...two years? Maybe more? They reduced the price for a bit and then increased it. Because if no one's buying it at £8, charging £13 is totally gonna encourage it?

Too true. Every Tesco I am in still has these sitting on shelves. In fact 2 of my local stores are stocking no other pony items other than these. Which are no doubt the same packs as have been there from the start.

My local independent toy store still has G3.5 blind bags while TK Maxx has various G3.5 mermaid sets and about a half dozen Easter Fluttershys who have been shelf warming for a couple of years now.

They disappeared for a couple of weeks so I thought they had finally sold 'em but nope, they reappeared :lol: 

How much is Easter Fluttershy, out of interest? I finally got to checking my nearest TK Maxx and they sadly have no MLP stuff at all ;_;
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

They disappeared for a couple of weeks so I thought they had finally sold 'em but nope, they reappeared :lol: 

How much is Easter Fluttershy, out of interest? I finally got to checking my nearest TK Maxx and they sadly have no MLP stuff at all ;_;

She was £2.99 last I was in. Which, if member serves, would be around 1/2 price ish for what they were originally selling the playful waves at when they hit shelves 3 years ago.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »
I did one time see some G3 ponies when the G4 ones were out. It was cool :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal