collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moving houses - how to pack and transport your pony collection?  (Read 364 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Moving houses - how to pack and transport your pony collection?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »
I agree with packing them in the same way you would any other items for your home; in so much as labelled boxes by number and then a computerised list of who is in each numbered box. That is going to ensure you have no missing problems as you can check off everyone as you pack and then unpack.

If we are talking just a move rather than long term storage, then thankfully ponies are accepting of a relatively simple system. Ponies popped in individual zip lock bags or simply wrapped each in kitchen roll/towels or acid free tissue paper will be enough to keep them safe from external issues as well as pressing against one another and colour transfer. Also try not to stack more than a row or two on top of one another in a box as pony plastic is easy to dent or become misshapen under pressure :)

Good luck with the move!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

LuckyTwirlerina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »
This is what I did:

First, I pulled out all my "special" ponies and items.  These are the ponies that are either A) important for sentimental reasons, B) particularly valuable, or C) I just *really* love.  These ponies went into one special bin that I moved myself.  Nobody but me touched that pony bin.  Every pony in that bin was irreplaceable, and they got the royal treatment.

Then I packed up the rest of them in well labeled bins.  All pony bins were ONLY for ponies and pony related items - NOTHING ELSE.  *All* ponies and pony related items went into those bins, so no ponies were scattered around in other boxes/bins to get lost.

This sort of system what I've been working on for my own move which is happening shortly. Everything feels nice and secure his way!

Out of curiosity though, goddessofpeep, where did you draw the line for "particularly valuable"? ^.^

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 09:15:21 PM »
Great timing for this thread as we are also moving in about 2 months and I was just thinking earlier "How the heck am I going to move my ponies?" Lots of great tips here! Thankfully we're only moving about 10 minutes from here and have a month overlap where we will have both the townhouse & the bungalow we're moving too, so I can pack them up, run them over to the new place, and unpack them. Thanks for the great tips everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal