collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified  (Read 28868 times)

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
I'm confused... First everyone wants new ponies but not they are asking for a main six character that is missing from this set? I'm happy to see somewhat of a different character set here (because Hasbro really still isn't giving us something new in single brushables) even if the characters have already been released in the normal line..

AJ was in the last two waves of McDs and as I pointed out earlier they reused the molds from the first wave except for Luna, Twi, and DJ... so we aren't missing much with this unless you missed AJ from the last two waves... I'm still missing Pinkie and Fluttershy actually XD Also there is away to fix part of the rainbowfied stuff :)

The problem is AJ hasn't had a release since the masquerade set. She's getting harder and harder to find. Plus she's a remade G1 so she's a bit sought after by G1 collectors.
If you're counting singles... the Masquerade ones were the last set so far and I'm sure she will be in the new wave... AJ honestly had two releases in the last wave... in the Masquerade singles AND in the Crystal Princess Sets. Sure she doesn't get really much release in certain sets or styling but I don't see why there should be a fuss.. She is getting releases just not in some of the things people probably want.

So personally I don't mind that she isn't going to be in the McD's release this year... They made room for DJ and took Cheerilee out for Luna (since Cheerilee was in the last two runs of the McD's ponies in the US)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:09 AM »
I'm confused... First everyone wants new ponies but not they are asking for a main six character that is missing from this set? I'm happy to see somewhat of a different character set here (because Hasbro really still isn't giving us something new in single brushables) even if the characters have already been released in the normal line..

AJ was in the last two waves of McDs and as I pointed out earlier they reused the molds from the first wave except for Luna, Twi, and DJ... so we aren't missing much with this unless you missed AJ from the last two waves... I'm still missing Pinkie and Fluttershy actually XD Also there is away to fix part of the rainbowfied stuff :)

The problem is AJ hasn't had a release since the masquerade set. She's getting harder and harder to find. Plus she's a remade G1 so she's a bit sought after by G1 collectors.
If you're counting singles... the Masquerade ones were the last set so far and I'm sure she will be in the new wave... AJ honestly had two releases in the last wave... in the Masquerade singles AND in the Crystal Princess Sets. Sure she doesn't get really much release in certain sets or styling but I don't see why there should be a fuss.. She is getting releases just not in some of the things people probably want.

So personally I don't mind that she isn't going to be in the McD's release this year... They made room for DJ and took Cheerilee out for Luna (since Cheerilee was in the last two runs of the McD's ponies in the US)

Nope...no AJ in the next wave :( Its Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie and Cheerilee. She will no doubt appear in the wave after that however as we know a rainbowfied version of her exists. But she is consistently in the second wave of the singles - as though they know they have to include her but they like to lead off with at least 2 of FS, PP and RD. If we are honest, FS and Rarity dont always fair that much better when it comes to releases - only just a little more than AJ. The bias is heavily towards the other 3.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »
http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html#/Toys

they are already on their website as the next happy meal :)

super excited
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
Without the stickers Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy will all be exactly the same too as the 2011, so basically none of them got new releases anyways. So if you want a rainbow Applejack, buy a 2011 Applejack and put the rainbow stickers on her, it would have been the same figure anyways.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:19:05 AM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
Without the stickers Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy will all be exactly the same too as the 2011, so basically none of them got new releases anyways. So if you want a rainbow Applejack, buy a 2011 Applejack and put the rainbow stickers on her, it would have been the same figure anyways.
  :) I just did ! Since I was missing only her from the old sets
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »

Except for the colored stripes in their mane and tails. To me that looks like part of the figure, not a sticker (and I think Fluttershy now has a butterfly on her hoof? That is new?)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »

Except for the colored stripes in their mane and tails. To me that looks like part of the figure, not a sticker (and I think Fluttershy now has a butterfly on her hoof? That is new?)

Yeah, Fluttershy & Pinkie popped up on taobao with colored hair, so it looks like that part isn't a sticker at least. Not that it's much difference, but.. at least it's something?
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
I'm so excited! I was kind of sad that there was no promotion last year. I love going McDonalds Pony Hunting!

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »

Well that is an easy fix with a bit of paint. But either way they are the same... with added rainbow stuff... No difference other than that really
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »
While I was at McDonald's earlier today, I asked when they would have these. The manager said he didn't know for sure, but he thought it wasn't until next month sometime. But he said they might have them on the truck that's due in tomorrow, so he took down my name & number and he's going to call me when they come in so I can get my two (maybe three) sets from the Customer Satisfaction box. I'm excited. I know they're not super different, but I'm glad that they actually have ponies this year. Plus, I like that they don't have tumors coming out of their heads to attach rings to like last time and I'm also glad they're not Equestria Girls toys. I haven't bought any MLP toys in quite awhile because I only buy 1 brushable of each character, so at least this gives me something to look forward to.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2014, 06:01:35 PM »
I keep hoping they'll make light-up McD's ponies like they have for other countries, but no luck :(
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »
I was looking forward to these but now I'm not.  >_<

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
Aw...they don't have my favorite pony...  :cry:

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:18 PM »
you know it's funny I was picking through the pony section just the other day and gripeing about the new 'rainbow' line. The box art is great for the new line but the ponies are all the same thing really.

And now the McD toy are at lest kinda like the box art and kinda a little more rainbow. That being said I will be getting a set.

And I'm sure these will be in Goodwill lot bags soon and that means yay new baits for smaller customs! I do like the new molds and that fact that Celly the right color now.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »
ok so i talekd to three differnt mcodnalds in my area    and    they said the ponys will be out on friday!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal