collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified  (Read 28833 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2014, 05:12:38 AM »
I'm confused... First everyone wants new ponies but not they are asking for a main six character that is missing from this set? I'm happy to see somewhat of a different character set here (because Hasbro really still isn't giving us something new in single brushables) even if the characters have already been released in the normal line..

AJ was in the last two waves of McDs and as I pointed out earlier they reused the molds from the first wave except for Luna, Twi, and DJ... so we aren't missing much with this unless you missed AJ from the last two waves... I'm still missing Pinkie and Fluttershy actually XD Also there is away to fix part of the rainbowfied stuff :)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2014, 05:41:10 AM »
I'm confused... First everyone wants new ponies but not they are asking for a main six character that is missing from this set? I'm happy to see somewhat of a different character set here (because Hasbro really still isn't giving us something new in single brushables) even if the characters have already been released in the normal line..

AJ was in the last two waves of McDs and as I pointed out earlier they reused the molds from the first wave except for Luna, Twi, and DJ... so we aren't missing much with this unless you missed AJ from the last two waves... I'm still missing Pinkie and Fluttershy actually XD Also there is away to fix part of the rainbowfied stuff :)

Pony collectors...we are awkward :P

I am normally on the side of shouting variety at the top of my voice. I think its more that with every line/set/release that passes it becomes more and more obvious that Applejack is like the sad lonely cousin that no one wants to talk to at the family reunion. Also I imagine part of it is, if you only want the Applejack version of something - be it a BaB plush or a McDs toy you will struggle. Either you need to like the main 3 and their 2 buddies and get over your AJ interest or you are going to largely have to do without.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2014, 07:08:33 AM »
It's hard to tell from the photo, but are the Rainbow decorations actual paint apps or just stickers? Given the sparse cutie marks McD's Ponies are known for, I would be surprised if they didn't just include a sticker sheet for kids to decorate them with.

Aside from the painted Rainbow streaks in their hair, does anyone else think those might be stickers?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2014, 07:42:28 AM »
I thought they were stickers...was that not mentioned in a description somewhere? I could be thinking of something different however. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
I know I read they are stickers, somewhere....

edit:
A taobao listing has photos of some of the ponies in their bags. If you want to see for yourself, just search "my little polly"

These are their numbers, but keep in mind they could be different on release for some reason:
3 - Fluttershy
4 - Celestia
7 - DJ PON3
8 - Rainbow Dash
Oh yeah you can def. see on the pic of RD in package "Use the stickers to rainbowfy your pony!"
Thanks for pointing out that taobao listing!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:11:37 PM by 3377345 »

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
Ooooooooooh I like!!! I'm glad that I can buy them separately because I will only ever buy tea and coffee from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G4Sweeties

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2014, 03:16:35 PM »
Poor AJ, always getting the short end of the stick! Otherwise the figures look really cute and nicely made, can't wait to get my hands on them! Good thing Mcdonalds is walking distance lol

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
I want them all, but same molds on the existing ones? Cheap. -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »

The problem is AJ hasn't had a release since the masquerade set. She's getting harder and harder to find. Plus she's a remade G1 so she's a bit sought after by G1 collectors.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
Oh my gosh, they're stickers, so I don;t have to have them be rainbowed if I don't want too?! Okay, now I'm really excited. I hope Luna and DJ won't be too hard to grab!
I'll put something here some time

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
My feelings on "Applejack Gate 2014" is, yes I want variety. I am glad they are attempting to do that. But, mix up who you leave out.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »
Yay more mcD ponies! :D
Boo no Applejack. :(

I'll definately have to try and hunt down Celestia, Luna, P-Twilight, and maybe DJ (even though the AJ fan in me is bummed out that she got the short end of the stick).
It's good at the other non new characters are "semi-repeats" since i already have a full set of the first McD wave.

...and I have a good feeling Luna will be the hardest to find. I know where I lived, Celestia was a real pain to track down when that first set came out.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
I'm super excited for all of these. :D If I had to pick a least favourite, I'd say it'd be Pinkie Pie - that static pose really doesn't suit her, and they still haven't quite got the hang of molding her hair properly. I really like everybody else, though, and I'm so glad to see we get proper cutie marks!
:fox:

AlmostApplejack

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2014, 12:06:51 PM »
Aw, I was hoping they weren't stickers, but I guess that makes it easier for those that actually don't want Rainbowfied ponies and need them from older waves.

I am going to try getting a set to keep in their packages and a set to remove and decorate :D

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »

I guess the logic behind is that, if we are going to get a re release of them, we want them all 6  not just 4 or 5 or 3 ,we want all of them :)

I'm still not over that there is no AJ shining bright !!!! :(  I think Target Messed up , Hasbro had already made 3  Pinkie,Rd and Rarity, Target I bet was supposed to make the other 3, they made Twilight shine bright and stuck her in a play set, and then made single Fluttershy and Pinkie again, that spot was for AJ !!! so PP  had 2 releases on the same line , so Lame! :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal