collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When is it okay to ask for a refund if the item never came?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: When is it okay to ask for a refund if the item never came?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 03:51:17 AM »
International mail times are very hit and miss unfortunately. I am in the Uk - on a few occasions I've had ponies from the US arrive in 3 days  (  :faint: )  but more often its between 2-4 weeks and sometimes a bit longer. As long as you keep your 45 day deadline in mind , you can afford to wait another couple of weeks , even if it is frustrating  ;) :hug:
  Its more worrying when a seller doesnt respond of course, but are they are seller who is new? or are they a seller who is a registered business and sells hundreds or thousands of items? because in the first case they may be wondering what to do to help, or having to think it through or get advice, in the second case it can take business sellers much longer to respond if they are dealing with many transactions and many different customers every day  :awake:
Also not only the US but also the UK has been battered by awful weather over the last few months and that has also caused delays in the mail. For some odd reason a package I sent to Thailand got there more quickly than a package I sent to someone else in the UK recently :blink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
If a valid tracking number was provided by the seller, then the seller is safe. International shipment, at most, takes a month to a month and 15 days.

but at this point I'd like my money back.

I know how impatience feels, but international shipments take a long, long time:P

It's just weird because I ordered another bunch of ponies from around the same area around three days later and they came last Friday :/

And three weeks, got it! Thank you again guys sorry about the silly question.
Yeah that's normal. Some come fast, some come slow...that's what the USPS fate decides :P

And glad you got it! No problem:)
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Sweetheart

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 07:36:15 AM »
They are a newer seller. And I think you're right I think they may have been sun sure whether to respond to me or not, they were very sweet, understanding and kind in their message. So I think we're all good. Thank again guys! Sorry again about the silly question!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »
They also might not have responded right away because of the time difference. When I order something from the UK, it usually takes about 10-14 days for arrival, so you'll probably have it in no time.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
Some packages are fast, some are slow. Case in point - I ordered two items from Japan, chose the same shipping option. Parcel A was posted a day before Parcel B. Parcel B took 6 days to be delivered. Parcel A took 14 days (and was a much smaller package, too!). International postage is a weird one :lol: I'm sure your parcel will get to you soon :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »
They are a newer seller. And I think you're right I think they may have been sun sure whether to respond to me or not, they were very sweet, understanding and kind in their message. So I think we're all good. Thank again guys! Sorry again about the silly question!

I just want to make sure I understand this clearly, the seller did respond? And also you did already receive the ponies?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Sweetheart

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »

I just want to make sure I understand this clearly, the seller did respond? And also you did already receive the ponies?

Sorry if I'm being confusing! I sent the seller a message. It was the first time we talked other than me asking way in the beginning if they'd received the payment.
They were very kind and said they would refund me after another week, and were very polite and understanding. I have not received the Gusty I ordered from them yet.

I'd ordered another pony from the UK as well that came quickly.

lisey_baby

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »
I agree with what everyone has said here. International shipping can be painfully slow, on a good day it can arrive in a week.

The uk has had terrible weather too, maybe your seller has been affected by the floods we've been having or both po's (uk and USA) are backed up due to the horrendous weather.

I understand that postage being slow sucks, but patience in a virtue! I on average send out at least 50 parcels internationally each week and most arrive within ten working days, but a handful take much longer (up to a month). My personal record is six months for something to arrive in Canada, it arrived after we replaced it looking a little worse for wear. I personally think it went there in a row boat ;)

Also you have to factor in that weekends don't count as working days (pr posting days). So if something says for example 10 working days to arrive, in reality it could be up to 14 days and you have to count the weekends too

I hope you get your pony soon though

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal