collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Obscure Kids Shows  (Read 19530 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Obscure Kids Shows
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2014, 06:03:39 PM »
This is probably the longest running thread I ever started!  :lol:

How about Fairy Tale Theater?
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2014, 06:02:22 AM »
Though I didn't see them as a kid, I'm curious: does anyone remember Ringing Bell (an anime film about a lamb who seeks revenge by becoming a wolf- extremely intense for kids) or Last of the Curlews (the first ABC Afterschool Special, and a pretty devastating story; I think it only aired in the U.S. in the early '70s, but later in other parts of the world)? I'm curious if anyone remembers them.

I found Ringing Bell about two years ago via youtube. That was a very beautiful film. Dark, but wonderful.

It's coming to DVD!!!  I'm so excited!!

I LOVED Ringing Bell!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-24/discotek-licenses-dark-children-anime-film-ringing-bell

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
I remember watching a terrible show on pbs called Pappyland. I loved his drawing segments.

They had Lamp Chop's Play Along & also Charlie Horse Music Pizza.

I watched Puzzle Place, Zoboomafoo, Wimzie's House, Wishbone, and Between the Lions too.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
i remember lamp chop!!

this is the song that never ends.. it just goes on and on my friends.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
I used to LOVE that super old school Swedish Pippi Longstockings that would very occasionally come on TV-  the voices were dubbed rather badly but I didn't even care.   

I think Unico was my other favorite- but I think Unico is fairly well known?  I guess Pippi probably is too, depending on the age of the person you ask :)

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
I remember watching a terrible show on pbs called Pappyland. I loved his drawing segments.

They had Lamp Chop's Play Along & also Charlie Horse Music Pizza.

I watched Puzzle Place, Zoboomafoo, Wimzie's House, Wishbone, and Between the Lions too.

I blame Pappy for my issue with compulsive doodling!  :P

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »
I'm not really sure if anything I've watched was really obscure or not... but for the majority of my childhood I watched PBS kids. It was usually one of the only channels we had. However for the two years we lived with my aunt when I was around nine I was obsessed with playhouse Disney. (Rolly Polly Olly, Stanley, Out of the box, PB & J Otter and all those)

Even at 20, PBS kids and Qubo are the only main channels I watch. XD It really depresses me how downhill PBS kids has gone, though... but I know most people thought the same thing even during the time period it had my favorite shows.

My absolute favorite childhood cartoon was Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat. It frustrates me to no end how hard it is to find on DVD. I don't think they ever released every episode and it's long out of print... It's become one of my life goals to obtain it.  :P

I also really miss Between the Lions. Especially the older seasons. I used to catch episodes of Noddy and George Shrinks... and how I miss Zoboomafoo. I was so thrilled when Netflix had all of Redwall.  :lol: I also love that Qubo is now airing Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks. Lastly... when I was younger, for some reason I really liked the PBS kids show It's a Big Big World.

(I never got to watch much of original My Little Pony growing up.  :cry:)

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »
I vaguely remember Sagwa...

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
I'm not really sure if anything I've watched was really obscure or not... but for the majority of my childhood I watched PBS kids. It was usually one of the only channels we had. However for the two years we lived with my aunt when I was around nine I was obsessed with playhouse Disney. (Rolly Polly Olly, Stanley, Out of the box, PB & J Otter and all those)

Even at 20, PBS kids and Qubo are the only main channels I watch. XD It really depresses me how downhill PBS kids has gone, though... but I know most people thought the same thing even during the time period it had my favorite shows.

My absolute favorite childhood cartoon was Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat. It frustrates me to no end how hard it is to find on DVD. I don't think they ever released every episode and it's long out of print... It's become one of my life goals to obtain it.  :P

I also really miss Between the Lions. Especially the older seasons. I used to catch episodes of Noddy and George Shrinks... and how I miss Zoboomafoo. I was so thrilled when Netflix had all of Redwall.  :lol: I also love that Qubo is now airing Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks. Lastly... when I was younger, for some reason I really liked the PBS kids show It's a Big Big World.

(I never got to watch much of original My Little Pony growing up.  :cry:)

You just listed off half of my childhood.

Anyone remember Excalibur? The 3D show about the knight who has to revive her father who was turned into stone or something?

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »

Yes! I grew up on PBS too. Mostly because my parents got rid of our cable when I was around 8 and we still don't have it. So Qubo was important but now it seems like it doesn't air on digital TV anymore :c
Sagwa was a personal favorite of mine, and I remember discussing it with my chinese friend who told me about how their names were nothing like the english ones xD
I started watching Jakers! on Qubo, and it was really cute. Enough to keep me entertained
I don't remember much of It's a Big Big World but I don't think it was a favorite..
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »
Just watched Ringing Bell because of this thread. So many feels.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
the riddlers- terrifying haha
I watched this, can someone please explain what was terrifying about it?  It's just I see people saying it was a "nightmare fuel" show so many times, and can never get an answer from anyone.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
Just watched Ringing Bell because of this thread. So many feels.
Agreed. Dark, but so very, very beautiful.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Pdrz_KxhU  i just ..came across this and i'm sitting here going.. I've watched this show before, only issue is, I remember watching it but I'm not sure if it was while we were in Germany, or if it had a short american run
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »
Anyone remember the pacman show? yes there was a packman show, and a battletoads show!
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal