collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Obscure Kids Shows  (Read 19567 times)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Obscure Kids Shows
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2014, 08:40:42 AM »
These are obscure at least to a Swedish 90's kid (born in 1990).

I also thought of Pirates of dark water, kind of wondered if it was worth revisiting someday, if it's even available. But since I hear in this thread it never actually ended ... well, I should spare myself the pain. There's also this alternate Peter Pan series that I can't find with a white-haired captain Hook, probably made by the same people that brought us the Japanese The little mermaid Marina, in love with prince Justin, that also never got an ending!

I LOVED pirates of dark water :D My sister gave me the DVD not long ago, totally worth revisiting!
My sister is a huge fan of Bicermice from Mars. I also love the little Mermaid Marina, and (If I remember the name right) James Bond JR. I was a crazy fan of Darkwing Duck though, he's my hero! XD Other shows we got up early to watch were Thundercats, Sailor Moon and Peter Pan and the Pirates.
And my all time favorites: Shounen Mowgli and Simba the king lion *sigh* BEST SERIES EVER!
Gosh, there are so many series I remember now when you mention them <3 Teddy Bear's Picnic is wery nostalgic to me.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »
Oh! You mean Peter Pan and the Pirates?
I think we had 2 different Peter Pan series running simultaneously at one point. The adventures of Peter Pan as well as Peter Pan and the pirates.  Our kids channels could get kinda weird in the off hours.
I recall  both Pirates of Dark Water (that seriously never got an ending? :( )  as well as the mermaid show running in those our as well.

I got them mixed up! I have looked for this before, but I know for a fact it was the one where Peter had a hat and Wendy was blonde. And now I actually found it, in Japanese with English dub, which is just perfect. Thank you!
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2014, 09:00:22 AM »
Anyone know about Gullah Gullah Island?

I don't think I ever watched it but I remember commercials for it. I was never a fan of live action / puppet shows excluding really popular ones.

I remember the advertising, and my step brother who is 10 years younger than me watched it at some point. :)

Anyone else ever see the WeeSing movies? Like Weesing in Sillyville, Weesing Together, Old King Cole's Party, and Grandpa's Magical Toys, etc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x_x9nmTFtM

Who remembers Mother Goose Rock N Rhyme? Had Shelley DuVall and Little Richie in it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naIGGZf1TdY
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2014, 09:03:35 AM »
Oh! You mean Peter Pan and the Pirates?
I think we had 2 different Peter Pan series running simultaneously at one point. The adventures of Peter Pan as well as Peter Pan and the pirates.  Our kids channels could get kinda weird in the off hours.
I recall  both Pirates of Dark Water (that seriously never got an ending? :( )  as well as the mermaid show running in those our as well.

I got them mixed up! I have looked for this before, but I know for a fact it was the one where Peter had a hat and Wendy was blonde. And now I actually found it, in Japanese with English dub, which is just perfect. Thank you!

Ah! That was the other one they ran here!
That one went pretty far from the source material near the end if I do recall, but I also recall kind of liking it for that reason.
Peter looked so unusual in that one.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »
You all have already said all the ones I can remember that are TV shows.

Does anybody remember seeing these TV movies/ straight to video movies?

- The Worst Witch (from 1986)- has Tim Curry in it! lol It's an odd little movie.
- Remote- it's kind of like a Home Alone type movie but with remote control toys and an empty model house for sale).
- Trading Mom-  the kids decide their mom isn't working so they decide to rent a new mom.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
The Tomorrow People-have those on DVD.  :)
The Third Eye.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:14 PM »

- The Worst Witch (from 1986)- has Tim Curry in it! lol It's an odd little movie.
- Remote- it's kind of like a Home Alone type movie but with remote control toys and an empty model house for sale).
- Trading Mom-  the kids decide their mom isn't working so they decide to rent a new mom.

Yep I saw the worst witch and Trading mom. Not sure about the other one! :)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50:03 PM »

i've seen both of those i loved hte worst witch it was cute!  wasnt a fan of    Trading mom.

I remember zoobalie zoo  (loved it)
rescue rangers, darkwing duck,  silverhawks, gobots, W.i.l.dcats  M.a.s.k. Road rovers, Land before time.  the Orignal BBC Chronicles of narnia  that came on saterday  nights. 
dungeons and dragons, reading rainbow. visonaries (knights of he magical light)   defeners of the  earth, king  arthur and the knights of justice. gummy bears
also loved once upon a forest   the orginal care bears movies.   the last  unicorn.

and i DO rmemeber  mother  goose rock n rhyme. the orignal  Babes in toyland with  annete funnacelo?"

i  LOVE  dever the last dinosaur!!

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »
I own The Last Unicorn on DVD. It still brings tears to my eyes to this day.

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
Loved Riki-tiki-tavi a kid. My sister got me a dvd of it, but I think it got lost when sometime while I was at grad school. No clue what happened to it. :cry: Land Before Time seems pretty mainstream, I only really like the first one. I'm disappointed it is not on Netflix.  >_<

I watched many of my cartoons when I lived in Puerto Rico so they were dubbed in Spanish. Including My Little Pony and friends which I watched re-runs of as a teenager.  :satisfied:

Most obscure was probably a Spanish dub of a anime cartoon about the adventures of Zorro, there was also one of Little House on the Prairie.

There was a anime about a girl that rode around on a killer whale...don't remember what it was called.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »
Anyone know about Gullah Gullah Island?

I don't think I ever watched it but I remember commercials for it. I was never a fan of live action / puppet shows excluding really popular ones.

I remember the advertising, and my step brother who is 10 years younger than me watched it at some point. :)

Anyone else ever see the WeeSing movies? Like Weesing in Sillyville, Weesing Together, Old King Cole's Party, and Grandpa's Magical Toys, etc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x_x9nmTFtM

Who remembers Mother Goose Rock N Rhyme? Had Shelley DuVall and Little Richie in it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naIGGZf1TdY

I was waiting for someone to mention the Mother Goose one!  I used to rent the VHS all the time.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2014, 06:58:56 PM »
Nighthood anyone?  I think it ran only 1-2 years...mainly in Canada.

Also I was a math geek who LOVED Square One on PBS XD 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »
I remember Brave Little Toaster too.  Yeah, that "Worthless" scene at the dump was sad.  I have a theory that the Toy Story movies were inspired by Toaster; director John Lasseter worked on both.  (He originally wanted to do Toaster in computer animation.)

Here's another good but obscure family movie:  The Night Train to Kathmandu.

full movie:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbmxI6ICTpc
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2014, 02:00:40 AM »
The worst Witch.. Not sure what year but it's the one with the newest Mildred Hubble. I LOVED that as a kid.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2014, 06:21:20 PM »
Not very obscure but, I love Fraggle Rock. I swear Boober was wrote to be me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyY3F4ck8o#t=250

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal