collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Obscure Kids Shows  (Read 18535 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Obscure Kids Shows
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
As a very young kid, I watched a show of russian folklore filmed with very well done puppets. I don't rember the name of the show or the fairytales other than a white ship that flew in a winter forest. I do however remember that I loved it and never missed an episode.

The storyteller was a favorite as I got older, as was Are you afraid of the dark which was a group of kids that met by a fire at night and told scary stories to each other.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
I'm not sure if this counts as obscure, but I was OBSESSED with The Pirates of Dark Water during its short run during the early 90s.  I don't know if they ever made an ending for the show....it drives me nuts to this day that I don't know how the story ended!  >_<   :cry: 

I love Pirates of Darkwater too! it is so nice to be reminded of these great shows! I will have to look them up on youtube!

I have found people who know what Pirates of Dark Water is!!  :frolic: Every time I have ever mentioned it to anyone I just get this blank look. I was really excited because, even though it never got an official ending, it DID get released on DVD about a year ago :D After watching it all over again I feel that it is one of those rare shows that really held up well over time. I had also read something, waaaayyyy back, about how there was a pitch at one point to either reboot it or officially finish the series but I never saw anything else on it and it has been a long time  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
not sure if these are obscure but-

the queen's nose (BEST. TV SHOW. EVER)
the raccoons (bf's fave when he was little haha)
jackanory- ten in a bed with victoria wood i have on vhs, love it so much <3
spooks of bottle bay
aaah! real monsters
zzzap
come outside
the riddlers- terrifying haha
wizadora!
brum
the wild house- no one seems to remember this and i loved it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmNNe5wNpTw

there are so many. children's tv just isn't what it used to be :(

Aaah the Queen's Nose! And Wild House! I don't think I watched either lots but I do recall them! (Also hi to a fellow Oxfordian!!)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
I remember Pirates Of Dark Water and never missed an episode.

Another show I enjoyed was Adventures In Wonderland. It aired on the Disney channel in the early 90s.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
As a very young kid, I watched a show of russian folklore filmed with very well done puppets. I don't rember the name of the show or the fairytales other than a white ship that flew in a winter forest. I do however remember that I loved it and never missed an episode.

The storyteller was a favorite as I got older, as was Are you afraid of the dark which was a group of kids that met by a fire at night and told scary stories to each other.

Ooh! that story with the ship you describe sounds like "The fool of the world and the flying ship".
We had on on tape when I was a child. I adored it.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2014, 03:30:24 PM »
My fave kids shows when I was little -

Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (cvbercookies to anyone who actually remembers that...Palace Hill FTW lol :D And Twee Man...)
Knightmare (has made a comeback showing repeats on Challenge Tv. See I can be 'cool' sometimes...)
Rude Dog and the Dweebs

*rushes off to Youtube*

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2014, 03:37:49 PM »
I did some looking around and found some more shows I remember watching (Although I have vauge memories of some of them.)

Little Koala

Noozles. This one was about Blinky and his sister Pinky. Blinky could appear as a stuffed animal until someone rubbed his nose. Then he would come to life. Pinky was always trying to get Blinky to leave Sandy's house so they could go back to Koala La la Land. 

Pinwheel- I have a vauge memory of the theme song. "Pinwheel, Pinwheel spinning around."

Fred Penner's Place

Maya the Bee

Papa Beaver's Story Time

Eureeka's Castle

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »
My favorite movie as a kid was Dot and the Kangaroo.
 For preschoolers I loved A Big Big World.
 Redwall by Brian Jacques.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
My fiance watched some offbeat shows as a kid...not sure if they can be called obscure...among them were Out of the Box, Big Bad Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin, Welcome to Pooh Corner, and an animated movie about Puff the Magic Dragon. I watched a lot of Disney, Nick and PBS shows as a kid...some of the obscure ones included Legends of the Hidden Temple, Dinosaucers, Hey Dude, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Gargoyles and Madeline.  ^.^

ETA: This link is super helpful! http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/03/forgotten-90s-kids-shows/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:27:24 PM by ChocolateStarfire »
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »
Eureeka's Castle

YEEES! This was the first show I ever watched!

Sweetheart

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
Does anyone remember Noddy (it was like a little clown with a long hat?) or Between the Lions?

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »
I loved Noddy and Between the Lions!

I went through a phase (I was about 4?) where I was obsessed with this show called "The Book of Virtues" (or something like that).  It was a cartoon about these two kids who were taught life lessons by friendly animals.   I thought it was awesome. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Sweetheart

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »

I went through a phase (I was about 4?) where I was obsessed with this show called "The Book of Virtues" (or something like that).  It was a cartoon about these two kids who were taught life lessons by friendly animals.   I thought it was awesome.

Yay! Between you and me, if Between the Lions was still on I  probably have to watch agin, that was my favorite thing in the whole world, except for the Cliffhangers :/

The Book of Virtues sounds familiar was it animated?

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »

Yay! Between you and me, if Between the Lions was still on I  probably have to watch agin, that was my favorite thing in the whole world, except for the Cliffhangers :/

The Book of Virtues sounds familiar was it animated?

Between the Lions was a fun show. Yes The Book of Virtues was animated! I loved that show as well.

Also glad to see someone mentioned We're Back! A Dinosaur Story

I didn't see the Poddington Peas mentioned here. Maybe it wasn't an obscure cartoon but I had a vhs of it as a kid.
Also the Hello Kitty's Furry Tail Theater!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »
When I was little I actually named my dog after a character on Between the Lions.   :P
There was one episode with a knight named Orlando Furioso, and I thought that it was THE BEST name ever.  I desperately wanted a dog to name after him, and a few years later when my family got a second dog, we did name him Orlando Furioso!  We call him Oaf for short since Orlando Furioso is a bit  of a mouthful.  :lol:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal