collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Candy Swap ~ All Received!  (Read 13281 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Swap ~ Open for sign ups!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »
I'd love to join!!! Sending a PM soon!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
try to find products that are unique to your country, local to your area

I dont even know what would be considered unique to this area or the USA which is sad because I work in a candy shop.

Ooh, that's harsh.  :lol: I once got a chocolate figure in the shape of a groundhog from USA, can't remind where the sender was from if my life depended on it, but I thought that was pretty cool and unique. :) I also always love to receive for example Wonka company candy since you can't find them here, so it depends a lot of who you'll have as a partner. It'll be a fun challenge to find candy that might be new for the partner! :)

oh no!
I remember not being able to join this swap in 2012 because of my lack of funds (I was still a student but was already living apart from them), and I wished for a repeat ever since...
...now that it is here, I don't have enough feedback, and even if I had, I wouldn't be able to make the deadline, as I won't really be able to leave the house and run around for 2 weeks starting from the end of February  :(

I'll stay here stalking though, I loved the brags back then!
Oh no! Maybe we'll have another one in the future (if this goes well) and you'll be able to join then. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »
Pm sent!
Just wondering what is unique to Australia, here is a list, please tell me if any of these things are available elsewhere! just wanting to get ideas happening.

•Tim Tams

•Cherry Ripe

•Freddo Frog

•Picnics

•Golden Roughs

•Mint Patties

•Violet Crumbles

•Caramello Koalas

•Minties

•Chicos

•Fantales

•Red Frogs?

•Freckles

•Jaffas

•Fruit Tingles

•Clinkers

•Whizz fizz

•Eucalyptus drops

•Milko

•Snakes?

•REDSKINS

•Throaties

•Musk Sticks

•Smarties

~Daryl lea chocs
~Life savers?
~Cadbury favourites
~ Cadbury roses
~Pascal pineapple lumps
~Minties
~Natural confectionary company range
~ Wonka
~Arnotts
~ Allens
~PEZ
~Mentos
~Warheads
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:05:12 PM by Saja »
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 08:28:26 PM »
US has mentos, warheads, life savers, pez, smarties, and some wonka ^.^

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
Sent in my PM to join! I'll put up my candy likes and dislikes when approved. This'll be awesome!

ETA: Los Angeles is where the first See's Candies opened and there's a candy shop around the corner from my house famous in my city for their homemade marshmallows and caramel. I'll have to find more LA exclusive things.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:35:45 PM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »
US has mentos, warheads, life savers, pez, smarties, and some wonka ^.^
yay thanks
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
The smarties might be different though. Emberfly sent me some from Canada and those were more like M&M's where as here they are mostly sugar.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:22:12 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:17 PM »
Ooh really? I know the mostly sugar ones are more common but i've found the chewy ones here too :--) not in a while, though, which sucks because I liked them :huh:

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Oh what's Violet Crumbles??? That sounds interesting :D

We don't have any special products from my area BUT I'm sure lots of candys that are not available overseas.
And some that are not allowed eh? *Kinder eggs*  :blink:

Oh can't wait to get my partner - and can't wait to go shopping.

btw. to list stuff I don't like would me much easier than things I like :D
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »
Violet crumbles, are a long bar of honeycomb covered in choc, there delicious they melt in your mouth! its so interesting how some countrys allow stuff different, like were allowed kinders.
and our smarties do look different to them, that's weird also! this is gonna be a really fun swap!!
[heres a violet crumble
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4rpVYgFnfg2b6S3Uknb5YB4j92SVBRUuieOazI_QaaZRvXKRYgQ

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »
ETA: Los Angeles is where the first See's Candies opened and there's a candy shop around the corner from my house famous in my city for their homemade marshmallows and caramel. I'll have to find more LA exclusive things.

This! This is exactly what I'm talking about! :cheer: Discover your local candy and chocolate makers! :lol: I know there's a small and fairly new candy factory in the next town over, I'll bet no one in the US has tasted their products.  ;)

Saja / I've never even heard of the most on your list!  :biggrin:

I know smarties as those small chocolate bits, so cool that there's another smarties that is completely different!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:09:22 AM by Mirnyj »

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
First of all, let me just say I love to try new things! Especially when it comes to food and to candy! So please don't feel that you have to be limited by my likes, or my dislikes for that matter. I love to be surprised and I'm sure there is tons of candy out there that I've never even heard of so I can't possibly know to include it on my list! I'm happy to try anything, I'd love to try your favorite candy or a local specialty. Even if it's something on my dislike list, don't be afraid to send it. I will most certainly try it! And hey, if I don't like it, maybe my sister will. She likes coconut and grape and lots of stuff I don't. :P

Likes: I love chocolate! I especially love dark chocolate, but any kind of chocolate is awesome! I also love peanut butter, marshmallow, gummies, sour candy, tart candy, and salty candy. Favorite candy flavors include green apple, mint, bubble gum, raspberry, banana, strawberry, honey. I don't want to list specific Brands or candies that I like by name because I don't want to receive those. :P I want to receive new candies that I have never tried or maybe even never heard of before!

Dislikes: I don't really like coconut, not the taste or the texture. My very least favorite candy flavors include grape, lemon, and cinnamon. I'm also not crazy about nuts. I'm not allergic to them, I don't hate them, and I certainly don't mind a few of them in my candy. In fact, some of my favorite candy does have nuts in it, but if the candy is more than 50% nuts then I probably won't like it. I also don't particularly care for black licorice. Specific candy brands I don't like include Skittles, Pez, Baby Ruth, Mounds, Almond Joy, and Payday. Oh and I really really don't like pecans.

Questions:

Do you like candy that :glitter: crackles and pops :glitter: in your mouth? There's this cool chocolate bar From Milka I'd like to include that does so, just wanted to know if you'd like it. ^_^
I had no idea such a thing even existed! I do like candy that crackles and pops in your mouth and I love chocolate! So I think putting the two together would be awesome!

How do people feel about getting Japanese and Chinese candy?
I love Japanese candy! My sister was in Japanese Culture Club when she was in high school and she used to bring home all kinds of candy! It was so good. I have had Pocky and Hello Panda biscuits, love them both. I also love mochi! I've also had some Japanese gummy candies and some hard candies, loved them too. My favorite flavors that I've had so far are kiwi, lychee, and strawberry. I haven't had any Chinese candy, but would love to try some. Don't know where to buy any around here.

Do you like Japanese flavoured teas?
I actually don't drink tea of any kind, or coffee either.

What other things do you like, for extras?

My Little Pony: I love pony stuff! I am primarily a G1 collector, although I have recently begun collecting G2 as well. I would absolutely love any pony from my MLP Wishlist! And I would love any and all pony merchandise! I also love customs and homemade/crafted pony items, whatever they may be! My all-time favorite pony is Bowtie!

Disney: I love Disney stuff! My favorite characters are Tinker Bell and Stitch. I am recently obsessed with Frozen. Favorite Disney movie of all time is Lady and the Tramp. Other favorites include The Aristocats, Alice in Wonderland, The Lion King 1 & 2, 101 Dalmatians, Oliver & Company, Finding Nemo, and Dumbo. I love almost all the Disney princess, but I don't care for Rapunzel or Merida. I collect Tinker Bell figures and I collect Disney stuffed animals.

Other Collections: I have quite a few collections actually. Like I mentioned earlier, I collect Tinker Bell figures and Disney stuffed animals. I collect cat and wildcat Ty Beanie Babies. I collect cat figurines, unicorn figurines, and carousel horse figurines. I also collect Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (the original rangers), Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Jem. Oh, and I collect erasers - cutesy erasers, cool erasers, gimmicky erasers, anything special or out of the ordinary, especially if it has to do with any of my other likes or collections.
I took some pics of a few of my collections, my bookshelves, and some of my plushies, just in case it might help you get to know me or give you some ideas. I'll put them in a spoiler.
Spoiler
My Tinker Bell figurines. I collect all kinds of Tinker Bell stuff this is just the figurines.

My Mighty Morphin Power Rangers collection. Again, this is just part of my MMPR collection.

My favorite plushies. They get to live on the headboard of my bed.

My collection of cat/wild cat Ty Beanie Babies.

My Disney plushies. Any Disney animal is welcome!

My non-Disney plushies.

One of my bookshelves. You can see some of my cat and unicorn figurines. And Gizmo!

Another bookshelf.

Helpful Links: Little Swap Q&A, Accessory Swap Q&A, Sticker Swap Q&A.

What are some of your favourite non-candy treats?
Cheese! No seriously, I love cheese! Any and all kinds! When I was growing up if I didn't like some kind of food my father used to say just put some cheese on it and she'll love it. :P My favorite cheese is Brie. I actually just had a Baked Brie pastry with cranberry and orange for lunch today. Aside from cheese, I also love fruits. Berries, cherries, and kiwi are my favorites. I also like apples, bananas, and grapes. As for junk food, I love Oreos, Cheetos, and Pringles. I also love pie, especially cherry, peach, pumpkin, or apple. And I love chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies, especially homemade.

~Jennifer
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:56:26 PM by Jennifer2004 »

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 11:06:23 AM »
licorice covered in chocolate is a specialty here, so I'm hoping my partner doesn't hate licorice.... XD we'll see!

LIKES: chocolate! milk, dark, white... nougat, toblerone, milka, fazer, kinder, anything similar to these brands as well, licorice, (soft) caramel, coconut, mint, rum flavored fillings, soft fillings in general...
regarding gummies and hard candies... if it's gelatine/e-441 free, then it's alright. :) nothing sour though! I generally prefer chocolate though... am a chocoholic through and through!

DISLIKES: peanut butter ANYTHING... sorry, I hate it! also pretty much anything with nuts or dried fruit in it (except toblerone). I'm vegetarian and can't have anything that contains gelatine/E-441.

Do you like candy that :glitter: crackles and pops :glitter: in your mouth?
yeah, as long as it's gelatine/e-441 free!

no thanks...

I love tea, but am a bit of a snob when it comes to tea and prefer loose leaves.

What type of extras?
anything with wolves, owls, ravens (not crows!)... I collect feathers from birds, I do a lot of snail mail penpalling so writing paper is always nice, I'm an artist so art supplies are always good too... uhm, yeah, sorry I'm not very shop for. XD;
also, I'm sorry but I *hate* G4...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:02:49 AM by svarta-perlan »
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
licorice covered in chocolate

Oooh, that sounds intersting.

LIKES - Dark chocolate, gummy candies, Any Japanese candy/chocolate (pocky, chocoshrooms, various flavors of kit kat bars), Hard sucker candies, chocolate with fruits, cadbury eggs

DISLIKES white chocolate, nuts (minus peanuts), things with coconut flakes (coconut flavor is fine, its the flakes themself that I dont like), vanilla

sure

Other SWAP info - I like swedish fish and gummy candies and dark chocolate. I also love any kawaii stationary items (pens, erasers, pencils, memo sheets, FLAKE STICKERS...Hello kitty is OK but in small doses,,but normally HK stuff has way too much pink for my liking. I also like My melody, little twin stars, and sentimental circus merchandise..especially the elephant character. It has a name but..I dont recall what it is.) Anything by mind wave, san-x, crux or sanrio is usually good. I also like the following Anime/Manga characters:
Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin and Sanoke
Yu Yu Hakusho - Kurama, Hiei, Botan, Koenma
Inuyasha - Koga, Miroku, Kagura
Fairy Tail - Gray and Natsu
Kamisama Kiss - Tomoe and Mizuki <3
Soul Eater
Ouran High School Host club - Tamaki

I HATE PINK. I generally like more bolder/darker color combos...black and green, purple, red..more gothic like colors but I am not really into the goth subculture.

SCENTS - citris, cucumber mellon, lavander, FRESH LAUNDRY/CLEAN LINEN. I could literally spend all day sniffling the laundry detergent stuff at walmart. I do NOT like perfume but I DO like candles and room freshners..especially those really cheap ones for like $1. I also do NOT wear make up or take baths - so no bubble bath or bath fizzies or anything like that. I DO, however like shower gels, makeup removing pads (i use them to clean my face at night) and stuff to clean my face with like noxzema. Avon products are also a plus.

Do you like candy that :glitter: crackles and pops :glitter: in your mouth?
Sure

Id love to!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:35:24 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »
Yay! I'm in! Reading through posts to see who likes what.

Likes: Coconut, caramel, milk chocolate, chocolate oranges (or orange chocolate in general,) nuts, watermelon, coconut, orange, peach, and cherry flavored stuff, peanut butter, those neon gummy worms, gummy critters, sugary sweet stuff, tea candies, those wax bottles with the syrup inside (blanking on what they're called)

Coconut, caramel, and milk chocolate is my top three overall.

Dislikes: Mint, dark chocolate, sour/bitter/spicy candy (but I can stand sour punch straw/brite crawler levels of sour,) grape, lemon, lime, basically any sour flavors, dried fruit, alcoholic candy (It does exist strangely enough!) black licorice

I love to try chocolate from different places since every country (even state) makes it differently!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:46:28 PM by Corona »

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal