collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you think happened to Megan after G1?  (Read 4225 times)

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
Re: What do you think happened to Megan after G1?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »
Welll, since people are talking about fanfics now, what I used in my own fanfic was Megan grows up and moves to Dream Valley and marries one of the humans in ponyland, Molly just grows up in our world and forgets, and Danny gets turned into a Pegasus and marries Surprise. XD

And the fanfic mentioned in the post above- Ugh! I HATE that fic! Wind Whistler turning evil? No, no, no, no, no, no! Just... no.

I know how you feel! I was "NO NOT PINKIE PIE!!" And how Danny was in most of the beginning. And some of Surprise's actions. Just 'nope nope nope!' during the parts I choose to read.

I like to think that without me, no one would have put their last name in any fan story or comic = P Is it bad to want credit for that knowledge? X D

Now all I can think of today is my Danny and Surprise stories...-too super obsessed- D =
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
And the fanfic mentioned in the post above- Ugh! I HATE that fic! Wind Whistler turning evil? No, no, no, no, no, no! Just... no.
I'm attracted to that fic like a bad accident.  It's a sight to see, but I don't want myself or anyone I want to care for in it.  Unfortunately the guy maliciously destroys my favorite character (but literally and figuratively) in it.  Even putting my love of Wind Whistler aside, he treats her like absolute garbage in that fic for essentially shock value.

Here's my idea

Megan discovered the ponies changed slowly because they lived so long.  With a lifespan of more than two centuries, they rarely foaled and their population grew very slowly.  But, as the ponies seemed timeless, she grew into a young woman who found her own world demanding more of her attention.

While she continued to spend much of her summers in Ponyland through high school and community college, she moved away to go to a university and summer internships limited her to an occasional weekend visit.  She graduated and had a graduation party with the ponies who joyfully celebrated her accomplishment.  However, the jobs in her field took away from her family's ranch and thus the ponies.  She would still make an effort to come at least one weekend a summer and brought her new family.

As the years passed, Megan began to see more of the passage of time on her pony friends and the ponies as a whole.  New foals were born from time to time and the older ponies did pass on.  Her closest friends were visibly older.  Then, Megan met her death in bed at a ripe old age.  In her will she asked her ashes be interned in the ponies' vault so she could be with her friends forever.  While it confused the lawyer, her family knew exactly what she meant and took her ashes to Ponyland where they are kept with the other treasures the ponies cherish most.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:09:43 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Star Spark

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »
Not directly concerning Megan, but I noticed immediately when I started watching Jem not too long ago that a character appears named "Danny" who bears a more than passing resemblance to the MLP character (albeit older). In the Jem episode, he lives in the city and is kicked out by his alcoholic father; it's pretty far from what little is seen in MLP (where the kids live on a farm and both parents are mentioned) but if it's a little farther into the future it's possible to imagine that the parents were divorced and the girls were sent to live with their mother while Danny got stuck with the father (and if things were unhappy enough to lead up to divorce, it's no wonder the kids were always hanging out in Ponyland...) Granted, it's not a very happy way to think of it; more likely, the early episodes of Jem were probably in production around the same time as the MLP movie (where Danny was introduced) and someone at Sunbow noticed the names and based the Jem character's design off of him (and I just really, really want a concrete link between My Little Pony and the rest of the Sunbow universe, where a magical land of multi-colored ponies doesn't even break the top ten weird things that exist.) 

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
I admit, that would be where the 'hate' part of my own love-hate relationship lies with that fic.

To clarify, yes, there was a chapter 8 that concluded the fic (at the horse show they were being groomed for).  It had a nice tidy ending and then.... all Tartarus breaks loose setting up for a sequel.  The problem is if it had ended at the show, it would have been good.  Wouldn't have gotten a favorite from me because of what happened with Wind Whistler but I probably would have given it an upvote because it really was that well-written and that well-planned.  However, the readers revolted (I've rarely seen the level of backlash this chapter spawned) and now the story is on indefinite hiatus.

Chapter 8 should be available as one of the author's blog entries (unless he's since removed that as well - I went to look but 373 blog entries are a lot to pour through).

But the author does such a great job of tying together the source material - from G1's cartoon, movie, and even comics with the current generation's cartoon, movie, and comics that I can't help but be impressed with the sheer scope of the world-building present.

I don't think the "dark" tag was there when it started as I generally avoid anything with that tag (I prefer happy little slice-of-life fics or comedies - both of which are so rare in a sea of grimdark and action-adventures... you'd be hard-pressed to believe these authors are writing about My Little Pony), and at first that's exactly what this started out as.  Yeah, you could tell Megan had some glaring issues but it seemed like the point was to work through them...

Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »
*thinking*

I think my favorite idea so far is something like the end of Peter Pan, with Megan growing up and her daughter now visiting Dream Valley - just like Wendy. 

But every so often, Megan joins them.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »
I admit, that would be where the 'hate' part of my own love-hate relationship lies with that fic.

To clarify, yes, there was a chapter 8 that concluded the fic (at the horse show they were being groomed for).  It had a nice tidy ending and then.... all Tartarus breaks loose setting up for a sequel.  The problem is if it had ended at the show, it would have been good.  Wouldn't have gotten a favorite from me because of what happened with Wind Whistler but I probably would have given it an upvote because it really was that well-written and that well-planned.  However, the readers revolted (I've rarely seen the level of backlash this chapter spawned) and now the story is on indefinite hiatus.

Chapter 8 should be available as one of the author's blog entries (unless he's since removed that as well - I went to look but 373 blog entries are a lot to pour through).

But the author does such a great job of tying together the source material - from G1's cartoon, movie, and even comics with the current generation's cartoon, movie, and comics that I can't help but be impressed with the sheer scope of the world-building present.

I don't think the "dark" tag was there when it started as I generally avoid anything with that tag (I prefer happy little slice-of-life fics or comedies - both of which are so rare in a sea of grimdark and action-adventures... you'd be hard-pressed to believe these authors are writing about My Little Pony), and at first that's exactly what this started out as.  Yeah, you could tell Megan had some glaring issues but it seemed like the point was to work through them...

I spent hours pouring over that fanfic today and I loved it, I thought it was very well written, I loved how everything tied in and it was easy to follow. It's disappointing to know that another chapter was written but has since been pulled down, I would love to find that and truly finish reading the story.

Offline Wildshadow

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 06:42:48 PM »

Gah, now I want to read the last part, even though I just read thru the Danny and Surprise parts in the story anyway....but now I need to know if there were any Danny parts in the ending X D  But I guess it took me longer to go thru it just searching for things in it to read and not the whole thing o.O

Anyway, my head is now an explosion of too many ideas and thoughts and images...  fun times D =  -hands don't want to draw or type-

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »
I feel bad that I brought up Grooms some Ponies now, has that derailed the thread too much? I volunteer to start a new thread if you guys want.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Wildshadow

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »
I feel bad that I brought up Grooms some Ponies now, has that derailed the thread too much? I volunteer to start a new thread if you guys want.

I don't think it did o,O It was something different to jump start my brain at least X D

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »
She grew up...and went to art school. Dyed her hair red and legally changed her name so no one would recognize her. Then as her new name Lauren Faust... created MLP: FIM..

WrittenEmber

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
All the Gens are different universes in my head, too; they don't connect.

I like to imagine that Megan eventually transitioned entirely into Pony Land and stopped coming back to earth altogether. (Much less depressing than thinking she eventually stopped going to Pony Land, which seems to me like the most likely other alternative.)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
Laws were passed, banning humans from Dream Valley. Megan went home and grew up and became a collector of toy ponies. She has a secret bunker with all of the toy ponies ever made MOC/MIB. Even Greek Ladybird is still in her egg, unopened. Many a secret organization has attempted to find and break into this bunker, but have failed. For now...

Ember1's collection?

I once read a theory on Frankie from Foster's home for imagination that it was all in her head and she had a snow globe of the house and she would stare at it all the time making up all the scenario's in her head, and it made me think about megan making it up with her toy ponies.

That fic was actually really good! I loved how everything was tied together! It totally made sense! The twinkle eyes and the crystal empire with the mountains crystal rock? DUH! Why didn't I put that together? I loved that fic, thank you for posting!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:29:05 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
I always imagined that Megan grew up and bought her own ranch. Where her brother and sister would visit, with their various families in tow. And as the years went by, Firefly would return to the human world. Never with any rhyme or reason, though she had a penchant for showing up just after a thunder storm. She kept visiting Megan. When the Pegasus mare grew too elderly (for ponies though magical have shorter life spans then humans). Her fillies and colts began to make the journey to Earth. To keep the friendship alive, though many long years had passed.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 07:11:15 AM »
Man, I love the fic where she's rooming with Kim from (SPOILERS) "Care Bears"!  Fantastic!

I really need to catch up on "Grooms Some Ponies".  Haven't read it in ages.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

claricesponies

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »
She went to work for Hasbro and that's why they keep reviving the MLP line.

Elf

If Megan went to work for Hasbro she should be fired because I haven't seen any MLP items that are decent in years ;)

Post Merge: February 11, 2014, 12:09:21 PM

Megan was just an imaginary friend that the ponies collectively made up. Cause you know, humans are made up creatures.

Actually, you are going somewhere with this....I believe Megan was an imaginary friend of the ponies
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:09:21 PM by claricesponies »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal