collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who played the role of the males in your childhood herd?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Who played the role of the males in your childhood herd?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »
Tex and Wigwam of course. Speedy and Bow Tie where my two cannon females that I changed up. Mostly to fit the stories I made up and diversify my herd.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that did that.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
Mine were the ones that I took the scissors to! LOL 

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »
i never had any boys so Kingsley  and   Sparkler(diamond)  were hte boys in my little herd.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 07:46:58 PM »
So Soft Shady. I guess I considered her pose a bit macho. So 'she' ended up being the boy pony  :lol:

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »
Wigwam (who was actually a "boy" pony) and Mainsail. I was surprised when I grew up and looked her up online, and found out she wasn't a boy >_<
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
I never had big brother ponies either (which is why I love them so much now :D ) and first I had this scary, cheap horse toy that was the boy, then it was TE Sky Rocket and then Firefly and Medley after my baby sister cut their manes off.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
Barnacle and Chief.  And I think a set of twins was male (Jangles/Tangles?).  I didn't gender swap.  But I also stayed pretty true to the TV show, so I never needed or wanted boys much.  My ponies didn't have families and didn't get married. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »
Bow Tie (don't ask me why) and Minty- 

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »
It's funny that other people made Shady one their "boys", too- I didn't even know the "real" names of most of my ponies, let alone the existence of Big Brothers, so Shady was renamed Sunglasses (because I was so creative) and became the male counterpart to Lofty ("Balloons")- I think they were my first two So Softs. Quackers (whose real I name I actually did know somehow) was also a boy, and Baby Sunribbon, whom I got immediately after most of my other ponies were sold, I also considered a male (it gave a nice mix to my remaining ponies- female Pony Bride and Baby Moondancer plus "male" Quackers and the new baby.)

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »
I grew up with G3s, and for some reason just accepted that there were no true males.

Instead, I made a few ponies androgynous. That I can remember, Star Dasher (who ended up being a couple with Gem Blossom), Seaspray (coupled with Waterfire), and Peri Winkle. (That pose always struck me as gender neutral)

Other than that, a bunch of my pony couple were just both girls, like Kiwi Tart and Beachberry, Amberlocks and Desert Rose, and Tulip Twinkle and Fancy Free.

I got in a lot of trouble for that, actually...

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »
I had all sorts of pony families when I was little, and I may still pair them off when I buy new ones.  Maybe :)  Of the ones I had, Moondancer, Moonstone (and Moondancer and Moonstone were brothers), Medley, Lemon Drop, Butterscotch, Minty, Bowtie, Bubbles, Glory (I later got a second one, and I had a lady Glory too), Sunbeam, Sunlight, Windy, Sky Dancer, I had a Majesty couple, Tootsie (because of Tootsie Pop, how could he not be a Dad?), Sparkler, Powder, Sea Mist, North Star, Masquerade, Napper, Sky Rocket, and I had a Sunny Bunch couple.  All of them had a wife, but I was always disappointed I couldn't have babies for every family.  Baby Glory, Moondancer, and Bows were boys too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:38:01 PM by Heartcease »
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 01:33:13 PM »
Similar to Marigold, all of my ponies were girls. I don't know if that's because I knew about the Big Brothers and so knew none of mine were supposed to be boys, or just because I just never thought about "needing" any boys.

This for me too. All the ponies were girls and it never really occurred to me that there would be a need or requirement for there to be any boy ponies at all.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

YellowCat

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
The only real boy I had growing up was Tux N Tails after my cousin have him to me.  At the time I didn't know he was really a boy, but because he was bigger than all the other ponies and I called him Bow Tie.  Sparkle Sky Rocket (Rocket), Daisy Sweet (named Tom), Pretty Beat (Cal), and Masquerade were boys too.  Masquerade was a bit of a hermaphrodite in that sometimes she was girl (Mardi Gras) or a boy (Bandit) depending on how many boys were needed. 

Of my baby ponies Hearts N Dots (Bob), Sparkle North Star (Saturn), Wiggles (Wormy), Cuddles (Rattle), and Rattles and Tattles were boys.  I had Ribbs too, his name was Dragon but I didn't play with him much after my neighbor boy tried to cut his nose off with pocket knife scissors- thankfully he didn't succeed.

I didn't really know there were boy ponies because I didn't see the cartoon they were in until was much older and most of my ponies were given to me when I was too young to read the brochures.  There were also a lot of ponies I acquired second hand or as hand me downs.

faeriesblood

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »
Same here, Thunderwing, SS Magic Star was my boy

Starblaze

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
For me, TE Galaxy was always cast as the boy... by my older sister. (S)he was my favorite, but my sis would get all huffy if I didn't play with them her way, so of course I did as she told me to lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal