collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Mexican ponies!!!  (Read 965 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: My Mexican ponies!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
Awesome stuff!

Actually as this is a Mexican pony thread: anyone got information on what Moondancer and Baby Moondancer are meant to look like? I've two, they're partially restored (I think) and I want to know if/how to bring them back up.

Both of them have a couple of different versions - this has the best pictures of both the adult Moondancers - http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Moondancer.

The Baby Moondancers - here is one of them http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Mex-baby-moondancer.jpg - the other one has a much redder coloured symbol [the same kind of purpley/red/magenta shade that we see on the regular release adult Moondancer]. There is supposedly a 3rd version one which has 3 stars rather than 2 stars on her symbol but I have only ever seen one picture and the pony is in such poor condition its possible that it was a symbol misprint of some kind [the star seems in a weird position on the symbol for it to have been intentional]. I always see the 3rd star version mentioned in people's wish lists and Mexican lists so I hope someone out there has a picture to show its intentional :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
Haha! Thanks for the information, well my two are definitely a pair of rehairs then just look at them:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's the seller's photo, the light's too low in this room to snap more. Their symbols are basically gone, wondering what else I can do for them.

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 02:11:06 AM »
congrats! nice herd :green: They are so lovely and pretty good condition  :good:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:10 AM »
I am loving that whomever rehaired them went for matching colours on mum and baby! I am always curious about Central/South American ponies which are in very poor body condition but someone has gone to the effort to give them new hair. Very cool!

Loa is my love god!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »
Haha! Thanks for the information, well my two are definitely a pair of rehairs then just look at them:

That's the seller's photo, the light's too low in this room to snap more. Their symbols are basically gone, wondering what else I can do for them.

So YOU'RE the one who beat me out for those two! :lol: congrats! I wrote to the seller, and she said they came to her that way many years ago. She wasn't sure if the baby was a rehair, and the little one actually has a different color than Mummy has. She offered to remove her haed to look, but I said not to since she was afraid of damaging the pony. Sure would be neat if she were a new varient...have you received them yet, Dusky?

Added: I wouldn't cut the baby's hair off or anything before you get the nod from the folks here. When you get them, check the tail clamp to see if it has been changed, and inside the head to see if the weave is correct. It caught my eye because the hair seems REALLY aged equally on both ponies, and i was super curious to find out if they were factory or not. Stranger things have happened :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:02:06 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Dusky

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
They're here, I didn't have decent light to get my own photos of them. Baby Moondancer's head is loose and her mane is weird: The inside isn't knotted but ..stitched? It's as if the hair plug loops in one hole and then straight out of the next one along, very regular, if it's hand-done it's impressive. Her stripe looks lilac-pink.

The tail's hilarious, it's a really heavy washer (vintage, from the wear on it) and a piece of what looks like electrical wire holding the tail hair TO the washer with several wraps round it.

Adult Moondancer's head is loose, I've opened her, I wish I hadn't as her plugs have black crud collecting under the factory-placed glue layer, which is fragmenting. Her tail is the same: a washer, what looks like some wire holding it in a bundle, but it's also wrapped with clear glue that is fragmenting. Might give her TLC later. :S

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 07:08:26 PM »
That's factory, then! The washer is about 1/2 cm thick and heavy as lead? Wow...sounds like they are what i thought they were :) I hope so...a new Mexi variant would be awesome, especially a baby! Mexicans always have a loose head...they never glued them as most factories did. The nasty crud you'll have to be careful of. Make sure you wear gloves as the tail washer may actually contain lead and that can be absorbed through your fingers.
I'd love to see snaps of the inside of their heads...dang i wish i'd gotten them now! So jelly :D

Added: I just looked inside my Auriken ponies heads (Cotton Candy and Blue Belle) is the hair for the mane stitched in to look like a braid almost? It's easiest to see between the ears where the first line for the forelock is. It should look like a bunch of sideways V's:   >>>>>   like that. That's a factory weave on the Aurikens. There isn't much glue in the head either, if any.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:30:17 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Dusky

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
The washers are actually lead?! Oh crikey, thanks for the warning, I was not wearing gloves but I didn't handle the washers. Photo spam below:

Loosely that's the best shots I can get of her inner hair weave and her washer without moving the washer out, or manipulating her head. I'm so glad she doesn't have glue in there, because Moondancer Mom is *grim*.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »
It does look like that's a 3rd version of Baby Moondancer :) Awesome!

It is possible she was a dolly hospital fixed pony - the weave inside the head could possibly be done some place like that. But the fact she is so close a colour match to Moondancer points more at it being an actual factory source! Congrats Dusky :)
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal