collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Central California Pony Meet *Update 4/24 Teaser!*  (Read 4447 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Central California Pony Meet thread
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »
Oh I so want to go! But I don't have any pony friends...anyone in the Sacramento area who wants to be friends? And then go to this thing together? :)
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 09:09:51 AM »
Ah you missed my post MidnightMocha! I live in the Sacramento area and my sister and I are planning to go. We'd be happy to have you along.

Offline Voxintegra

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 01:13:00 AM »
Oh I so want to go! But I don't have any pony friends...anyone in the Sacramento area who wants to be friends? And then go to this thing together? :)

I'm in West Roseville and I want to go but don't know anyone in my area either!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
Hey guys! Sorry if this is totally random and I hope it's allowed to ask, but I don't suppose anyone might know if they'll have a G3 Baby Boogie Woogie or Baby Hokey Pokey for sale at the meet? I think I'll have to be giving mine up soon and it's kinda breaking my heart so I'd love to replace them asap. Please let me know if you do!

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
Fantastic!  I'm so excited to attend another one of your pony parties. Sacramento area ponies, any chance ya'll might wanna meet each other for a bit sometime before Jahila's party?

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 11:26:28 PM »
Fantastic!  I'm so excited to attend another one of your pony parties. Sacramento area ponies, any chance ya'll might wanna meet each other for a bit sometime before Jahila's party?

@Ninamarie and @VoxIntegra

Yay, local people! And Jupiter, I'd absolutely be down to meet any of you before the party! Especially since I'm not even sure I can make it in May (don't know my plans for sure). I've always wanted friends to go pony shopping/hunting with :) If any of you are interested, you can PM me and I'll tell you whereabouts I am!

I'm always just a bit worried because I've found I'm on the younger side of this group, unlike a lot of you people who have been around collecting all the generations! I grew up with the late half of G1 but I sometimes feel late to the game around here :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:30:56 PM by MidnightMocha »

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 02:01:11 AM »
Last year's meet was the first time I ever met another pony collector. It was so exciting yet so scary since I'm shy with strangers. I would happily do a mini meet in the Sac area.

Lol don't feel too bad MidnightMocha, my childhood G1s were hand me downs and I watched the cartoon when it was rerun. Born in the 80s child of the 90s. I collected some of the G3 when they came out but it took my sister to find me a Whizzer, Butterscotch, and BBE Lickety Split to get me started on collecting the classics.

Offline Voxintegra

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 01:12:34 AM »

@Ninamarie and @VoxIntegra

Yay, local people! And Jupiter, I'd absolutely be down to meet any of you before the party! Especially since I'm not even sure I can make it in May (don't know my plans for sure). I've always wanted friends to go pony shopping/hunting with :) If any of you are interested, you can PM me and I'll tell you whereabouts I am!

I'm always just a bit worried because I've found I'm on the younger side of this group, unlike a lot of you people who have been around collecting all the generations! I grew up with the late half of G1 but I sometimes feel late to the game around here :(

I'm down to meet before the big meetup, just PM me!!

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
Re: 2014 Central California Pony Meet *Update 3/6!*
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 04:04:52 PM »

I'm a later pony fan too, MidnightMocha. I'm only 26 but I've always had G1s, as long as I can remember. You'll have a lot of fun, I promise. :)

Made a little update to the first post. Sorry I haven't been around much, other than bumping the thread. My next update will have our schedule and games in it. Tootles!
*~*Jahlila*~*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voxintegra

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 12:35:52 AM »
Well I think that leaves me as a younger collector who grew up with older gens but collects the current G4's only. I think any meet will be a bit awkward for me now lol. I'm nervous but I really need  to do something that gets me out of the house once every 8 months. I just can't get into the older gens, maybe they bring up unconscious  negative thoughts or memories, but something about them irks me at times lol. Should I rethink the big meetup or will other new gen collectors be there as well??

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »
Well I think that leaves me as a younger collector who grew up with older gens but collects the current G4's only. I think any meet will be a bit awkward for me now lol. I'm nervous but I really need  to do something that gets me out of the house once every 8 months. I just can't get into the older gens, maybe they bring up unconscious  negative thoughts or memories, but something about them irks me at times lol. Should I rethink the big meetup or will other new gen collectors be there as well??

I encourage you to come, Vox! We welcome any collector into the party, regardless of what you like or dislike. :) I love all generations, but G1s just bring back a lot of good memories for me. I have a small collection of G3s and G4s too. I promise there will be a good mix of everything My Little Pony has to offer.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »

Like Jahlila said, I don't think you need to worry at all! Last year was my first year, and this meet included ALL gens, not just G1, and everyone was extremely sweet and welcoming, so it really doesn't matter what gen you prefer so long as you're respectful of other people and their choices. Personally, even though I love the first gen cartoons (along with Gen 4, both have their pluses and minuses), I don't really collect much of the original toys. I have a small handful, mostly babies, but overall I collect almost entirely G3 ponies...and I've never even watched any of the G3 show!

So don't worry at all about coming  :lovey: So long as you respect what everyone else enjoys, no one is going to shun you for your own preferences as well.

Offline Voxintegra

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »
Thank you for helping remove any concern or apprehensive feelings about going to a meet! I'm excited for the event and look forward to meeting other arena members!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 03:14:30 PM »
Thank you for helping remove any concern or apprehensive feelings about going to a meet! I'm excited for the event and look forward to meeting other arena members!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Vox I'm in your shoes too, so don't worry!!

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 08:12:30 PM »
And don't worry about my prize pile. I have quite a few G4s and will be adding more before the meet. :)
*~*Jahlila*~*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal