collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How often do you out?  (Read 818 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
How often do you out?
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »
I should mention I'm 27 and the wife is 31 so kinda gauging this to the older crowd.

Last night the wife and I were invited to a little dinner party. The couple throwing it one of them I've known her for years (guess I should was my first gf), but she has always been super social and knows like everyone.  I was surprised the wife had AJ much fun, but it was nice to hang out with other couples. Since we've moved back it's been a little weird with our friends living so far off.

Now that we've gotten older we don't really hang around with other people as much. We still go out usually once or twice a week, but it's normally just the two of us, with my mom or a kinda double date thing with my sister and her boyfriend. We don't typically hang around friends together because honestly we are such different people we tend to not like or have the same friends. Lol matter of fact the only reason we had a mutual friendship with our dinner hostess was my wife dated her before we got together (weird circle I know).

Anyway question or you guys. Now that you've hit the adult age (not everyone I know) do you still go out often? Do you typically just do things with your gf/bf/husband/wife/whatever else I missed or do you do things with a large group of other people?  We do plan stuff but it seems with work schedules, friends having kids, money and general life stuff actually planning time to spend with other people doesn't work out.

Lol I'm just being nosey and seeing how everyone's social life works getting older I guess.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: How often do you out?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »
We go out together and that's it. All my friends are back in Florida (of which there were really only two) and his friends moved from here years ago. Neither of us were really very social anyway. I have rather severe social anxiety disorder and I suspect he has a less severe case as well but has never been diagnosed. Our friends are mostly online. Even the ones we knew in real life first have been reduced to phone calls and facebook. *shrugs* I think part of that is just growing up though. Lives change and people move, start families, have jobs. In our new society or lives have become less real in alot of ways and more virtual instead. I know I remember when I was a kid, when my brother and I were really little our family would get together with other families on occasion, but as we got older, people moved and got busier and it eventually just stopped happening except for rare occasions when someone would come to town for a visit or something. Socialization becomes more about your family and less about your friends. I think it's normal.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
We, me and my husband, dont go out often. Mostly because we dont have somebody to look after our daughter and also because of money... Also, we lost most of our friends when my husband was ill for a longer period (I dont want to go into detail about it, I can tell it was not physical), while most of the others got lost while our daughter was a baby and we were not able to go out as people without small kids.
I cant really say that I miss it... sometimes I do, but then on the other hand, me and my husband are really close friends (not only "just lovers") so we can have a lot of fun on our own.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
My husband and I (both 34) only go out together, aside from work or running errands. Neither of us is very social to begin with, I mean we are with each other but we just can't be bothered with other people's drama. My family lives 6 hours away, his family lives in the UK and we don't have friends in the area. We were like this even before we moved away from our friends and my family though. Most communication was by facebook or telephone.

We like it this way though, after working all week, we just want to spend time with each other. Whether it's spending the day out or just kicking back and relaxing at home.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »

We like it this way though, after working all week, we just want to spend time with each other. Whether it's spending the day out or just kicking back and relaxing at home.

same here :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
Eh, what social life? Not much going on here, winter is tough for getting out. We try to go somewhere once a week. We work opposing schedules for 2 days a week and with my work load of 65+ hours each week... I barely see daylight (let alone feel like being social). Hubby is a bit more social and talks to his family on the phone throughout the day. I have a few peeps that I'm lucky if I see once a week and try to keep in touch with daily. When we do get out we like to head out to the state parks to go for hikes...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Dorothy Rose

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
My roommate and I (not married or dating, just friends helping each other pay rent) are both introverts by nature.  Growing up, neither of us had a lot of friends and we still don't.  I remember enjoying large friend gatherings such as birthday parties, but after the first hour or so, I was likely to be found in a chair, reading a book to myself while everyone else played pin-the-tail-to-the-donkey or some other silliness.  In college, I had three friends who I considered close friends, and a lot of acquaintances.  My idea of "going out" at that time was with one friend (or maybe two) to an icecream parlor, a photo shoot, or maybe the local tea house run by a British family.  One of my best friends liked to take walks in the cemetery across the street.  Now that I'm older, I still don't really hang out, unless I'm invited to a Christmas party or something.  Even then, I bring a sketchbook for after that first hour because, let's face it, I'm happiest when I'm entertaining myself.

Dorothy Rose
Want List

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:09:21 AM »
We try to get together with friends as much as we can (we aim for every few weeks), as well as do things but its usually once in a blue moon. Its harder for all of us due to various reasons.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »
Most of really close friends have either moved away or their life took them in a different direction. I have one close friend who lives close by, my bf and I take the kids over to her house and we all play euchre while the kids hang out. Her kids are younger than mine, but her 5 and 11 year old fight over playing with my 9, and her 14 and my 17 hang out with us anyway lol. We used to go to the bar and dinner every Friday, but between money, kids sports schedules, and just getting tired of the drama, we only do that twice a year for various other friends birthday. Frankly most days that I have the time to do something with a friend I would rather relax at home lol! My bf plays softball, so he is gone all the time in the summer, I used to go with him but just lost the desire to be out and about and hate long car rides! Oh, and I am 35  ;)  I think it goes in stages in our lives.. my mom got divorced at 60 and suddenly wanted to go to bars and friends and just be out and about all the time !

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
My lady and I prefer to spend time together. I've always been the type who has one best friend that I spend most of my time with, and so has my SO. We are best friends, so we have plenty of fun together. I don't really feel the need to hang out with too many other people. We do hang out with family a lot. And I'm social with people at work and such, but as for free time, it's usually just me and my lady :). I like it that way.

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »
I'm 18 and aside from college going out is a rare thing for me. My best friend is the same, were much happier at home with a takeway and Sherlock on the telly than in a club or at a party. We go out more in the summer to enjoy the warmth and extra hours of sunlight but in the winter its very rare.

I do enjoy attending family events such as going out for dinner or a small party and but they are few and far between.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »
I wonder if people who are inclined to frequent the Arena are less inclined to go out. I had severe social phobia as a teen (after being attacked) and even spent 2 years in an almost agoraphobic lifestyle. (I did live 3 houses away from the attacker, though).

Now I am quite the gypsy, I am a wannabe travel junkie. With kids it's hard to get out much (though I know I will when they get older). Both my husband and I (I'll be 37 this month and he'll turn 40 this year) used to go out a lot before kiddos. As our kids have gotten older and not so physically high maintenance (like babies and toddlers) we've been getting to go places as a family (hiking, visiting volcanoes, etc...). It also helped when we got a new car that fits us and our stuff and is reliable. DH works 7 days a week usually so it's hard to really find time for big trips, but we frequently go into Portland and up to Washington.

My best friend wants to be a hermit, but she has an inner gypsy that I like to encourage. So I am always planning trips for us. I like to have a girl road-trip once a year. And I like to drag her to new restaurants, museums and fun little hidden shops around town. I feel really lucky to live in such a fun, gorgeous and diverse place where the weather is so mild all-year round. I'm also super lucky to have a husband and bestie to go out with (and we double with her hubby). It also helps that our kids are the same ages. You have to kind of go out to find those kindred spirits who you can hang out with. It takes a while, but they are there.

Post Merge: February 02, 2014, 11:29:41 AM

My best friend is the same, were much happier at home with a takeway and Sherlock on the telly than in a club or at a party. We go out more in the summer to enjoy the warmth and extra hours of sunlight but in the winter its very rare.

Can I come hang out with tinyblondie and her best friend?? I LOVE me some Sherlock. :D

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »

Post Merge: February 02, 2014, 11:29:41 AM

My best friend is the same, were much happier at home with a takeway and Sherlock on the telly than in a club or at a party. We go out more in the summer to enjoy the warmth and extra hours of sunlight but in the winter its very rare.

Can I come hang out with tinyblondie and her best friend?? I LOVE me some Sherlock. :D

Sherlock and Pony party! Bring cake!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
We usually work weekends so going out is a rare occasion. A club especially targeting us people with "alternative style" is open a couple of times a year and we always try to get off from work to go there as all our partyfriends are there. Friends we only ever meet and hang with at places like that. But every other place is so not our style so we generally just have houseparties or go to the like. He more often than me as I'm not too keen on certain people who frequent the same places. I prefer to go to a café with a friend or two and chat away an afternoon or evening. We're both in our thirties.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 12:07:40 PM »
My life's been pretty hectic so I don't get out as much as I like.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal