collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!)  (Read 44920 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!!!)
« Reply #585 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:32 AM »
Oh wow I uh... wasnt prepared when I saw those Frozen bears! I didnt know they would be actual bears! o_o

I want Celestia to come out already!!!!!

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »
Princess Celestia is not coming out until mid December. (at least this is what Equestria Daily has found out) Wish it was sooner but she will make a great Christmas gift.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 18, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »
Does anybody else think that "mid-Dec" is kind of... oh, I don't know... INSANE!!!!! You got this hot ticket item and you're going to release it a week (maybe less) before Christmas. News flash! Parents have already finished their Christmas shopping by then. And I thought releasing Fluttershy on Black Friday was BAD!!!

Granted, BABW has been known to change release dates at the last minute. I'm hoping that's the case here. I can't think of ANY company that releases a hot item that close to Christmas.

Regardless, I will most likely be buying her online. Last year I got a VIB pass to get Fluttershy early. Even though it was a week or so before Thanksgiving, BABW was still packed. I waited in line for the stuffing station for over 2 hours! I do not want to do that again.

sailorstitch

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 18, 2014, 10:44:23 PM »
Does anybody else think that "mid-Dec" is kind of... oh, I don't know... INSANE!!!!! You got this hot ticket item and you're going to release it a week (maybe less) before Christmas. News flash! Parents have already finished their Christmas shopping by then. And I thought releasing Fluttershy on Black Friday was BAD!!!

Granted, BABW has been known to change release dates at the last minute. I'm hoping that's the case here. I can't think of ANY company that releases a hot item that close to Christmas.

Regardless, I will most likely be buying her online. Last year I got a VIB pass to get Fluttershy early. Even though it was a week or so before Thanksgiving, BABW was still packed. I waited in line for the stuffing station for over 2 hours! I do not want to do that again.

sailorstitch

And even crazier is that the vast majority of BaBs are in MALLS! I can't believe they'd pick a release that late! I personally will not even step foot in the mall our BaB is in after around November 15th. It gets PACKED. Like...can barely move or breathe packed. You could not PAY me to go into those malls in December! My mom only managed to go pick up Fluttershy for me with my VIB pass because she went during the week during normal work hours. Hardly anyone can do that sort of thing though!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 19, 2014, 07:36:40 AM »
Okay, I went to BABW here in English today aaand - the Elsa, Anna, and Olaf dolls are already in stores (Elsa and Anna have tinsel in their fur, which feels nasty and abrasive. Very disappointed), and the leaflet says that Celestia is mid-December release and will likely be £20.

I hope they get the reindeer in next month, though, because I want Cupid <3
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #590 on: October 19, 2014, 08:08:08 AM »
Okay, I went to BABW here in English today aaand - the Elsa, Anna, and Olaf dolls are already in stores (Elsa and Anna have tinsel in their fur, which feels nasty and abrasive. Very disappointed), and the leaflet says that Celestia is mid-December release and will likely be £20.

I hope they get the reindeer in next month, though, because I want Cupid <3

I have to agree that I was disappointed when I saw the Anna and Elsa bears. I am only going to get Olaf. I read somewhere online that you take some sort of personality test that matches you with your perfect reindeer. Sounds interesting......but from the pictures it looks like there are really only 2 different reindeer variations and the rest are just clothes/name tag differences??? Is that right?? or are they all actually different........

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 19, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
will it maybe come a build a bear Luna soon? :P

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 19, 2014, 08:24:28 AM »

I have to agree that I was disappointed when I saw the Anna and Elsa bears. I am only going to get Olaf. I read somewhere online that you take some sort of personality test that matches you with your perfect reindeer. Sounds interesting......but from the pictures it looks like there are really only 2 different reindeer variations and the rest are just clothes/name tag differences??? Is that right?? or are they all actually different........

Yeah, I was disappointed in the lazy design (they're just different coloured "Pawfect Princess" bears anyway) but yowch, that tinsel felt horrible.

It looks like there are just two reindeer colours (it looks like the "male" ones are dark brown, and they all have antlers....kay then, BAB), yup. I'll get Cupid because it's my namesake :3 The personality-test sounds a bit...weird, because even though they have 8 reindeer there, their "traits" are kind of...narrow, and don't even get me started on the gross gender stereotyping there.

Kind of a shame they don't base the reindeer designs off of the animated Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer film, but I have massive nostalgia goggles for that film, so...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #593 on: October 19, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »
I love Rudolph too! I was hoping for a Bumble re release this year. I missed him the first time. :(

Another huge negative of the frozen bears is to even get them to resemble Anna and Elsa at all....you are going to end up paying an arm and leg to buy the wig and the costume.......then you end up with a 50 dollar bear. I will pass. Still debating on whether I am going to get my daughter Celestia.....if I do though I will probably wait until her bday in March and then maybe Luna will be out by then.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #594 on: October 19, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Build-a-Bear is going to re-release Rudolph and Clarice too. :) They were also in the Christmas brochure thing.

A personality test to match you with a reindeer.... Huh. Interesting. I'm curious enough to try it, probably.

And I totally agree that releasing Celestia mid-December is not a good idea. There's plenty of people who haven't shopped by then (us included, probably), but there are lots who have, too. A Black Friday release would make so much more sense. I won't be surprised if it's changed to something like that.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »
Frozen stuff is up!!!!!

http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/search?Ntt=frozen

sailorstitch

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 03, 2014, 02:50:18 PM »
My Anna and Elsa dresses came in the mail today. My order included the flyer that shows Celestia. I scanned it in for those who haven't seen it yet.

Did anybody else read the fine print on the page?

"MY LITTLE PONY friends $25-$27 each" Sounds like Celestia will be $27. I'm pretty happy with that. I was afraid she was going to be in the $35-$40 range.

sailorstitch

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #597 on: November 03, 2014, 03:59:30 PM »
Why is she more expensive though?? She looks the same size as AJ??

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 03, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
Celestia is slightly more expensive in the UK, too. My guess is the more complicated design.

And man do I wish her crown and necklace could be bought separately from the dress...

(BAB have their reindeer in :D they're super cute but the girl one has that nasty, scratchy tinsel in her fur  :mad: BAB, why are you making your toys LESS cuddle-able!?)

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #599 on: November 03, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
Celestia is slightly more expensive in the UK, too. My guess is the more complicated design.

And man do I wish her crown and necklace could be bought separately from the dress...

(BAB have their reindeer in :D they're super cute but the girl one has that nasty, scratchy tinsel in her fur  :mad: BAB, why are you making your toys LESS cuddle-able!?)

Hmmmm.....I am debating on whether I am going to get one of the new reindeer or just get Clarice. I already have Rudolph so it would make more sense for me to get her......reindeer just look so similar I don't know if its worth spending the money on it for me. They are cute though.... :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal