collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Taobao ponies (factory extras/knock offs? Or indication of future size?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Wasn't there someone from the Arena or the other site that did glue tests to verify authenticity? Maybe there's a way to do a scan of an ink scraping for comparison, or the glue inside the head of the ?fakie? Vs an actual FS pony? Really, a chemical analysis would put any question to rest...though it may be hard to explain at work... :lol:

Years ago yes there was and some of the nirvanas people had a question over were tested. But that member isn't about any more unfortunately. Perhaps someone else can come up with a plan to test things out. :P Although I would really not be surprised if, because these are factory produced, they all use the same materials at the end of the day. The key on the nirvanas was whether they were just very well done customs rather than fakies. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
I have a few of these fashion style ponies. I have been trying to figure out a way to see if they are real or not.. The plastic and hair is identical to a regular store release. The mane and tail are the same official hasbro pony hair, and same length. My only question is why do some of them have the factory numbers stamped on them like the normal store releases, and some don't? Also, in a store bought FS pony, if you remove the head, are there factory numbers or anything to look for? I don't have my store bought ones in front of me at the moment.. but if someone can confirm, I have the wingless fluttershy here that I can take apart to check for comparisons.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
The purple on FLuttershy looks like the same Star Swirl has. :I
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I have a few of these fashion style ponies. I have been trying to figure out a way to see if they are real or not.. The plastic and hair is identical to a regular store release. The mane and tail are the same official hasbro pony hair, and same length. My only question is why do some of them have the factory numbers stamped on them like the normal store releases, and some don't? Also, in a store bought FS pony, if you remove the head, are there factory numbers or anything to look for? I don't have my store bought ones in front of me at the moment.. but if someone can confirm, I have the wingless fluttershy here that I can take apart to check for comparisons.

I'm not sure why some don't have numbers but after checking I have some of the older fashion style ponies I bought in store that don't have numbers- single Cadence, and single Celestia, the first pinkie pie release, and a glitter Rainbow Dash who all randomly don't have numbers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal