collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32599 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2014, 03:42:16 AM »
Oh oh oh new blindbags :D It's a real shame they didn't give Sunset Shimmer a unique mould, though :( I foresee her being released with Flash Sentry and Twilight, or as a five with those two and Snips and Snails. C'mon, Hasbro, give us a Flash Sentry doll, too. You seem intent on apeing other doll lines and they all have dolls of male characters.

And that Design-A-Pony confirmed to be Cadence! Now if stores here could actually start carrying them again so I can get Luna and Cadence...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:17 AM »
There's really a lot coming out!  I'm excited to see the EQG dolls in person.  I definitely think I'll be buying more of them.   I also am so excited about the breezies!  They are so adorable.  The snowglobe/clear ponies look interesting.  I'd like to buy some extra of those to make customs. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2014, 05:20:21 AM »
Am interested in the Goth ponies. Different as all heck. The clear ones are snow globes or come with them. Thought they where just part of a clear or crystal set.
In the video the lady shook one of the snow globe ponies and said something so I believe the ponies themselves ARE the snow globes...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2014, 05:32:27 AM »
I'm even more attracted to the snow globe ponies now ^_^ they look neon :D

And  :lmao: at EQG doll's mismatched legs XD
And has anyone noticed snow globe Celestia's wings are COMPLETELY broken off?  :blink:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's the Skylanders preview tour all over again.

Seriously, I love how these companies display all their broken toys in preview events. Smooth advertising, guys :silly:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2014, 06:37:14 AM »
Oh my gosh, there are SO many new EQG characters!  And like, 3 new pony brushables... :(

Don't get me wrong, I actually have a few EQG dolls.  But they are just so cheaply made.  Their hair is sparsely rooted, the dolls have tons of factory errors and misprints (though so do the pony brushables, thanks Hasbro), they have little to no articulation (does even the cheapest Barbie in the world not have any articulation?), and they are way too expensive to justify all of that.  It still blows my mind that they're the same price as MH dolls when some of them have painted on clothes, they all have the same face mold, their clothes are cheaply made and you can't even pose them.  Just... what.

I am very excited for the Octavia, Photo Finish, and Holly Dash brushables, though.  I'll just leave it at that for now.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2014, 07:39:17 AM »

Come fly with me to the castle!
*snap*

LOL  :lmao:  , so the sow  glow ponie are breaking now before they even arrive to the stores??  :drunk: :sqs:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2014, 08:03:01 AM »
Oh my gosh, there are SO many new EQG characters!  And like, 3 new pony brushables... :(

Don't get me wrong, I actually have a few EQG dolls.  But they are just so cheaply made.  Their hair is sparsely rooted, the dolls have tons of factory errors and misprints (though so do the pony brushables, thanks Hasbro), they have little to no articulation (does even the cheapest Barbie in the world not have any articulation?), and they are way too expensive to justify all of that.  It still blows my mind that they're the same price as MH dolls when some of them have painted on clothes, they all have the same face mold, their clothes are cheaply made and you can't even pose them.  Just... what.

I am very excited for the Octavia, Photo Finish, and Holly Dash brushables, though.  I'll just leave it at that for now.

Brushables yes! EQG... mreh... I agree about the quality and I would be much more inclined to shell out for them were they more articulated and their outfits more elaborate (looks like a few of these may be remedying that problem). Does anyone have any figures for how well they tend to sell? Are people actually buying them in volumes comparable to actual ponies?

Of course if new brushables were being released in numbers matching the first couple years there would probably be no contest...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2014, 08:14:34 AM »
So... it appears that new brushable ponies are:

1. Octavia -combined with doll
2. Photo Finish -combined with doll   (she has an outfit!!!)
3. Holly Dash
4. Asiago with doll????

Questions for those more observant than I:
1. Was there a new pony with that new EQ girl character- Asiago or something?
2. Is Octavia pony pictured anywhere or is there just the doll?
3. Were there any other new brushable characters I missed?

Other new ponies:
the Breezies

Same characters, different forms:
Snowglobe ponies (cadence & twilight & Celestia & Luna)
The new fashion style ponies with black stuff- (Dash, Pinkie, Twi, Rarity) What are those blue wings poking out behind them ?? (thanks Ladymoondancer!) Did anyone notice that Rainbow Dash appears to have a new wing mold?  Or am I crazy?  It looks bigger than the new FS Fluttershy - but smaller than the old FS wings? (doesn't it?)http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZgJle-RTMSg/Uv_5wFsEQmI/AAAAAAABsxU/GLKZ5bOAvBU/s1600/8.jpg
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:33:17 AM by Galactica »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18:54 AM »
There are 4 snowglobe princesses, I think (Cadence, Celestia, Luna, and Twilight.)

Rainbow Dash's wings look the same IMO.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »
Thanks for clarifying!  So crazy that they changed Fluttershy's wings and are sticking with Rainbow's old wings, isn't it?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2014, 08:42:20 AM »
Was there a new pony with that new EQ girl character- Asiago or something?

There is a pony character on her box! So I guess they'll either pull a Sunset Shimmer and release a single of her pony form (I'd appreciate that because the pony looks nice) or they will make a non-singing doll of her and package her with the pony like they do with Photo Finish and Octavia.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
I wonder if the snow globes will be sealed or if they are something you can open up and add or remove water from. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:46 AM »
Was there a new pony with that new EQ girl character- Asiago or something?

There is a pony character on her box! So I guess they'll either pull a Sunset Shimmer and release a single of her pony form (I'd appreciate that because the pony looks nice) or they will make a non-singing doll of her and package her with the pony like they do with Photo Finish and Octavia.
Oh I bet you're right!  Since she will be a main character in the movie- they will probably release her in droves like Sunset Shimmer.  Cool.  I wish they'd release Photo Finish & Octavia separately!  I don't personally hate the Equestria girl dolls- I think they are cute.  But I REALLY don't like the ones with non-jointed arms...  And I just saw the new Rainbow ones in the stores- their face seems to have changed... not for the better.   

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 18, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »

I hope they have listened to complaints and improved the quality. It looks like they have feet and instead of painted clothes either removable rubber clothes or actual clothes. They at least seem to be the same quality level as Mattel's Disney Princess dolls.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #494 on: February 18, 2014, 09:38:07 AM »
Holly Dash looks cute...not thrilled that I'll have to buy secondhand for the other two because I do not want the dolls, but hey, marketing strategy at its best I guess.

I wondered if they will do a Celestia and Luna with the fabric wings like they did for Cadance and Twilight (Fantastic Flutters)...I really like those. Not anytime soon judging by what we see here it seems.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal