collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32596 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:55 AM »
Does anyone know how many different snow globe ponies there are?

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »
I think there's supposed to be one for each princess, so four.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
HOLLY DAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH. Also brushable pony Octavia is cute. Photo Finish too. I just don't like that the bundle them with the dolls...

Isn't it ironic that it's the year of the horse and Hasbro's putting out a ton of Equestria Girls stuff...?

No really though I need that Holly Dash.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
I'm still a tad concerned about the snow globe ponies. Like how heavy are they? What KIND of plastic are they made out of (my guess is it might be similar to barbie horses)? Can we replace the fluid on the inside if something happens?

I like the concept but there is just a whole slue of questions x.x
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »
I'm not too fond of all the funky extra designs, but I love the new character brushables.

Am I the only one seeing this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oooh, if she is I might be getting her ^^"

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
I wish they new EQG doll clothes aren't plastic  :huh: they're ugly and make the dolls look buff and bulky  :|
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
I'm excited for Holly Dash too! I don't see why most people seem to dislike the polka dots though, I think they look really good on her. Less good on the Pinkie next to her (I think it's more of the size/arrangement of Pinkie's dots that's not as good, rather than the colour... colours are fine), but Holly suits her dots.

The snowglobe ponies are a pleasant surprise, since I came up with that exact idea a little while back thinking it'd be cool! They do look pretty nice, but I'll wait to see them all before I decide if I want any.

POP ponies are also super cute and sound like a fun idea! May end up with a couple of those if they come in small enough sets.

So far that's all I've been interested in getting, aside from BAB Scoots who I'd seen already. Bit sad that Breezies aren't brushable, but they are cute.

Oh, and the Ivy-looking doll is intriguing, but I'm not interested in dolls. I'd be happy if it meant G2 characters being released as G4 though!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:14 AM »
 . I'd be happy if it meant G2 characters being released as G4 though!   

Me too !!!  that would be genius !! :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2014, 11:57:01 AM »
I have a question!

Why does Holly Dash have a strawberry on her butt? :blink:

popyduggan

« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »
Why exactly has playing with little make-believe HORSES gone "out to pasture"? It seemed like it was a phase that most children went through, effeminate or not, we all wanted to play with HORSES.   Why do children not want to pretend this scenario anymore?  I mean, it was a legitimate thing for like... decades!  Now all of a sudden, pretend animal-care play is not even "normal" anymore.  Everything is either about FASHION or TECHNOLOGY.  :( 

I have three nieces and they have all gone through "OMG HORSES" phases.  Heck, the two younger ones are still in it . . . and the oldest one, when it came time to pick colleges, really really wanted to go to this obscure one where everyone got to care for their own horse.

It is absolutely not a change in the appeal of horses, it's that Hasbro no longer knows how to harness (har har) the market.

IMO, they treat MLP like it's a cheap line and so people treat it like it's a cheap line.   Single ponies are still $5 each . . . Well, that is ridiculous IMO.  In 1982 they were that price, but $5 in 1982 was worth $12 in today's money.  They shrank down the ponies and cut every corner to keep the price low, but when push comes to shove, kids DO notice quality, even if they can't articulate what they're seeing.   

It's the whole reason My Little Pony was never challenged by fakies;  My Little Pony had carefully planned sets, My Little Pony had carefully painted symbols, My Little Pony had good quality plastic, My Little Pony had gorgeous backcard art, My Little Pony had a story for each pony.  Those are all part of MARKETING, just as much as "release the same six characters a billion times because they're the focus of the show", only Hasbro doesn't seem to realize it.

This is also the reason Monster High dolls trump EQG dolls.  Monster High has the quality . . . and to top it off, they are nearly the same price as EQG dolls.  I truly think it is foolish of Hasbro to focus so much on this aspect of the line.  They know how to market ponies, if they'd only look at their past 30 years.  They have NEVER been great shakes for fashion dolls.  They had Jem for a couple years . . . What was before that, Maxie, wasn't it?
Unfortunately, I think EQG sell more than the regular MLP at retail atm, which is why Hasbro foolishly(short term thinking) shifted it's focus away from the actual MLP line for the forseeable future.

I'm pretty sure EQG's going to crash hard(looking at my crystal ball), but it'll probably be at least another year before they even start to retreat.

It's just sort of pathetic that they're spending all this time and effort trying to ape another company's success, while totally whiffing on capitalizing on their own ideas. I'd bet all of us have a laundry list of characters/playsets/accessories we'd want(to buy) in all sorts of sizes and styles that Hasbro makes maybe one of...for a comic convention or packed in with 6 other rereleases in a US exclusive. They're  so annoying,

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
I have a question!

Why does Holly Dash have a strawberry on her butt? :blink:

Because that is her cutie mark, she was designed that way.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure EQG's going to crash hard(looking at my crystal ball), but it'll probably be at least another year before they even start to retreat.

When they do, send me the leftovers!  :lol: :biggrin:
Oh no!

popyduggan

« Reply #432 on: February 17, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »

I'm sorry I feel that way because I know a lot of people genuinely like them, and they do look great, but I only resent because it's slowly turning MLP into a hypocrisy, even if it is making loadsamoney.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »

I'm sorry I feel that way because I know a lot of people genuinely like them, and they do look great, but I only resent because it's slowly turning MLP into a hypocrisy, even if it is making loadsamoney.
How are they turning MLP into a hypocrisy? :o is it because it "My Little Pony'" and not "My Little Pony Person"? :P
(I might have missed you previous explanation :s)
Oh no!

Star Spark

« Reply #434 on: February 17, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
And I really hate that companies are choosing to migrate to the doll market; not all little girls like dolls and it seems like the alternative options for are becoming rarer.

I think this is what upsets me the most about the whole EQG business; I was one of those little girls who didn't like dolls and was lucky to grow up during a time when animal figurines were more popular than they are now. It was disappointing enough as a kid to get dolls from relatives who either didn't know me well (or were just insistent that girls should play with dolls); this is just going to make it more confusing and frustrating for any girl with other interests, since parents and others will just see the "Pony" branding. Given the increased focus on and criticism of stereotyping among "girl" and "boy" toys, it also seems like a really backwards move to limit the market like this, especially for a brand whose fiction appeals to such a wide swath of demographics. But I agree that it'll probably fail, anyway- EQG is riding on the strength of the "My Little Pony" brand, but I don't see My Little Pony staying strong unless they put at least SOME effort into the pony side of things.

BTW, CupidStrikes, as a Tales fan I love your avatar.  :happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal