collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32563 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2014, 09:19:05 PM »
:P okay so the more i look at the pictures of the TAF ponies lol.... the more they look like a wonderbread advertisement to me XD  sorry had to point it out..  *sheepish grin*
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
I can't get over feeling like she's just an odd rarity, but i do hope we'll see some more new ones to go with her! god forbid maybe an entire new wave WITHOUT the mane 6!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »
I can't get over feeling like she's just an odd rarity, but i do hope we'll see some more new ones to go with her! god forbid maybe an entire new wave WITHOUT the mane 6!
I thought so too, but look at that strawberry cutie mark! :D It's never been on a G4 pony before, so at the very least there's some pony coming out with a strawberry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »
I'll definitely be buying Holly Dash. A new brushie, and not pink to boot! I'll definitely support her, she's super cute.  :lol:

I'm sorry to break this to ya but Holly Dash is actually pink, it's a very light pink but yeah. I think she's adorable, and I love the did the other colors in the hair! I'll definitely be buying Rarity, Pinkie, and Holly Dash :)

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »
More pics!
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/02/toy-fair-2014-pastel-explosion-with.html#more

There is a new single! I think that's Holly Dash!

She's adorable thank goodness I'm happy I know people will love her, but still keep them coming hasbro how about 40 of them? I think I will buy it just to support new ponies.

She might have to go back to collecting G4 for her

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2014, 09:49:16 PM »
I'll definitely be buying Holly Dash. A new brushie, and not pink to boot! I'll definitely support her, she's super cute.  :lol:

I'm sorry to break this to ya but Holly Dash is actually pink, it's a very light pink but yeah. I think she's adorable, and I love the did the other colors in the hair! I'll definitely be buying Rarity, Pinkie, and Holly Dash :)

She looks white in the picture. Which is good enough for me, lol.

AJLareneg

« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
I looked through all those pictures earlier and completely missed Sweetie Belle build a bear plush hiding in the back! She's adorable and I think I need her. :'D

Also, a bit off topic for the thread, but if anyone finds any pictures of the LPS display from the toy fair would you PM it to me? I don't want to miss anything and it seems hard to track down information on it...

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2014, 10:44:08 PM »
Photo Finish brushable!!!!! MUST HAVE!!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
Looking again at the large talking Chrysalis I'm thinking Hasbro tried to grab what was "popular" among the fans again and went with the weird sock obsession, kind of like how they saw human version of the ponies and tried Equestria Girls.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2014, 11:22:25 PM »
Yeah, I am confused by all the garters and nylons and stockings.... and the crazy KISS face paint... but I really want the Photo Finish and Octavia brushables. If they really only come with the dolls... well, I'm sure I can find someone who wants the dolls..
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2014, 11:24:41 PM »
Looking again at the large talking Chrysalis I'm thinking Hasbro tried to grab what was "popular" among the fans again and went with the weird sock obsession, kind of like how they saw human version of the ponies and tried Equestria Girls.
...oh lord, that wouldn't surprise me in the least. I was wondering why they thought that'd be a good idea.

Oh well, nothing a bit of acetone and a drill can't fix.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2014, 11:27:54 PM »
Hello Kitty did a KISS theme this year. And it was weird... I guess Hasbro saw that and went "OMG! How awesome would that be for ponies!"

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2014, 11:30:19 PM »
So we've got 3 new brushables and a zillion EG dolls. Pretty much what I expected yet I'm still disappointed.

Strawberry Pony is very cute, Photo Finish might be neat if she doesn't have painted on sunglasses (I can't tell), and I can't wait to see a good pic of Octavia; so, Hasbro, thanks for the bone? Although I'm guessing I'll have to buy those dolls to get them. Which means I might just pass because I sure as heck don't want to support EG.

Other than those 3 brushables I don't really care for anything. I was hoping the Breezies would be an improvement over G3 but wow...I'll take the G3 ones and their snubby faces over those new ones any day!

I will hold onto hope that there will be more new brushables that just weren't shown here. (I think I may have said the same thing last year...)

Really sad to see the 'Pony' being booted out of My Little Pony. =(
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2014, 11:47:19 PM »
I absolutely love all of the new EQGs... save for maybe Applejack. When i look at them, they give off this sweet magical girl/girl power vibe that i don't see in MH or Bratz. Those have a more fashion centered/gossip girl thing going. (Please forgive me if that description doesnt make any sense)

I don't really understand all the hate they get. The idea that EQG will somehow take over the entire toy line doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It also looks like we are seeing more brushies because of the new characters introduced in eqg. Not as much as i'd like but better than just mane 6 rehashes.
I guess im just tired of seeing all the eqg bashing both here and on brony boards. ): maybe we need an eqg arena.  :lol:

If youre buying the dolls just for the pony, send me a PM!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:02:45 AM by Feathermay »

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 16, 2014, 12:28:11 AM »
Prior to reading through this post, I had no want for EG dolls. However between DJ with her fly glasses. Photo Finish and Zecora, I may be tempted.

The Breezies are adorable but I don't need the corresponding pony with them. Enough for me to buy one. Nice though to see a carry over from G3 into G4.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal