collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32548 times)

G4Sweeties

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2014, 08:00:58 PM »
Fantastic stuff!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »
More pics!
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/02/toy-fair-2014-pastel-explosion-with.html#more

There is a new single! I think that's Holly Dash!
Oh hey, you're exactly right! I thought she was just a Rarity in weird lighting at first, but that cutie mark is absolutely a strawberry! :D So there's hope!!

Also, this one intrigued me:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not only are we seeing a re-use of the Lyrica mold for what looks like an Amethyst Star, that green boy in the back also looks somewhat like a set of seven ponies we've been seeing in the blind bag threads. They seem to be a set of seven ponies with color combos that cycle between them--say, we've seen both a black and purple boy, and a black and purple Pinkie mold. Some people have speculated that they're not fakies but instead a "customize your own" blind bag set--which would be fantastic!
Is that you baby leaper?

For Sale Wants

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »
Holly Dash! YES! She's one of my absolute favorite blind bags.

I am as confused as the rest of you about the minifigures...

Star Spark

« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
I've really gotta wonder: did Equestria Girls do SO well that it justifies completely abandoning My Little Pony's core concept (i.e., animal figurines, a market Hasbro basically owned between MLP and Littlest Pet Shop) for the super competitive fashion doll market? As it stands, the only thing of interest to me are the few new brushable characters (and I'm not buying a doll for one) and the breezies, because at this point I'm desperate for anything that acknowledges prior generations- even if G3 wasn't "my" generation (but I'm not buying ANOTHER Mane 6 toy for them!) Oh, well, money's been tight lately, anyway- guess what little I have will go toward vintage collecting this year instead.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »
Yay, new brushable...wait, what's with the spots?  Gah!  Not another gimmick.  No interest. :(  Which is a real pity because I really like her otherwise!

Hey atleast its something right! The spots are kinda cute, I think I'll buy them just to support new characters so they keep releasing new ponies rather than mane 6.
That only encourages them to keep making gimmicks.  Besides, they all share the same UPC code so the stores/Hasbro has no idea which pony sells the fastest out of any given assortment.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2014, 08:11:25 PM »
I spy a Celestia or Twi Snowglobe now too

Is that a pink (maybe Cadance) design a pony in the lower left?

Post Merge: February 15, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

Yay, new brushable...wait, what's with the spots?  Gah!  Not another gimmick.  No interest. :(  Which is a real pity because I really like her otherwise!

Hey atleast its something right! The spots are kinda cute, I think I'll buy them just to support new characters so they keep releasing new ponies rather than mane 6.
That only encourages them to keep making gimmicks.  Besides, they all share the same UPC code so the stores/Hasbro has no idea which pony sells the fastest out of any given assortment.
It looks to be more of the TAF style that the Rainbow Power line has. Hey, if you don't like that, I doubt much Hasbro puts out this year will please you--Rainbow Power is their new Thing.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

*checks booth* Hasbro...check

*checks logo* My Little PONY...check

*wonders where all the ponies are*

:( Yeah...seriously seriously disappointing - I had so hoped to be proven wrong. A minimum of 7 new EQG characters some of them with multiple releases [and that assumes we have seen all releases which seems unlikely] and pushing the moulded hair ponies again [even the Breezies which had me excited have moulded hair].

Whatever Hasbro...thanks for selling out to the fashion doll popularity. I know you are a commercial company and I know you just want/need to make money so while I understand I will also admit to being a little upset at the My Little Pony line pretty much selling out what has for 30 years made it such a popular line - 1) ponies and 2) brushable manes and tails.

Totally with you hathorcat!!!! My Little PONY! See this is exactly one of the main reasons I'm so against EQG they are taking over! :'( This had better be a joke and they are bringing out the 20 brand new ponies tomorrow.

I understand some of you like EQG and they didn't bother me too much before but now after seeing this I'm complete ANTI-EQG sorry, thats just my opinion they are taking over!

This exactly. The only thing I've seen so far that I'll pick up in stores is the castle. I will NOT by an EQG doll to get a brushable pony, no way, no how. Otherwise, my money this year goes to the second hand market where I can buy PONIES.

Elf
Same here. If I wanted dolls, I would collect Barbies.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »
Ohh Holly Dash! I have always adored her design. I'm so excited!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
Is that a pink (maybe Cadance) design a pony in the lower left?

*squints at computer screen*

That looks like her crystal heart! *squeeee* I love Cadence! :D

The more images I see of the "KISS" ponies, the less I like them.... bleh... but I'm so glad to see we are getting images of MORE PONIES!! *happiness*

So there are going to be two Rainbow Rocks brushable sets? 1) Tinsel Hair 2) Extra Paint/TriColor Hair

I wonder who the mystery Strawberry pony is?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:25:40 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:45 PM »
Found them!

The Lyrica Lilac+Amethyst Star merge has the fanon name "Purple Wave," and by fanon name I mean placeholder name because I'm sure she has no fanon whatsoever. The advantage of reusing models in the show is that it's easier to reuse models in the toyline. :P She apparently appears once in Rarity's fantasy in Ticket Master, so this could be the first imaginary pony toy? Hm.

Background pony in Rarity Takes Manehattan. Awfully cute, but too new to have a name yet.

As for the stallion, I found a couple earth pony stallions with yellow manes and green bodies, but neither had the right eye color. So hey, I bet it's this guy:

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »
Darn a Design a Pony Cadence! I was working on a custom too!!

Yay for Holly Dash! Her maker will be happy!  http://princesschuchi.deviantart.com/art/P-258288311

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »
I'm so easy to please- I'm thrilled. I want me some KISS ponies, some translucent princesses, some POP ponies, and HOLLY DASH :)

Well, I'm excited!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2014, 08:29:28 PM »
~Foxtale~

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
I know these pictures are just a sample of their licensing... but I think that Scootaloo look a lot like a Build a Bear pony don't you think?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IquJqforWY8/UwAvUsZ0IrI/AAAAAAAApgs/PF4TaVgnkIo/s1600/Toy+Fair+2014+Hasbro+My+Little+Pony+032.JPG

She is a Build-a-Bear pony! Rarity and mini Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are being released later this year.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
Oh my goodness, so many new EQG DOlls. Octavia! Zecora! Adiago! Photo Finish?! No Flash yet but so what, I want them all, screw the haters, I love these dolls, even Clear Luna looks cool because, Luna, and I want a painted wing Rainbow Power Dashie brushable.

be still my poor heart, it's been a rough day

<3333

SO many dolls
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal