collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32622 times)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »
I love all the EQG dolls, the breezies and the "snowglobe ponies".
But no new pony characters at all? That's sad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2014, 03:04:08 PM »
Photo Finish and Octavia are not new characters, but at least new as playful ponies.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
What no articulation for Octavia, this means she can't do poses of playing the violin since she doesn't have elbows   -_-

Who said she should be able to? Girltoys don't need action features like... posing ability ;)

LOL, that's true, now that you mention it monster high sells are nasty and their complex articulation disgust young  girls  :P hehehehehhe

Offline prancingstag

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
Hm... Really not a lot of non-main six brushables to look forward to. I like EQG dolls and would happily collect a lot of them but the fact that it looks like all the fan fave characters will be Doll & Pony sets is kinda mean to the (many, many, many) collectors who aren't interested in EQG. Hasbro knows what they're doing though, boost the doll sale numbers with the pony so that they can say how popular EQG is. When really it's only because we're starving for new content in the main line. :huh:

Also gotta wonder at how many of these will actually make it to Australia. A lot of store-exclusive sets and the TRU Collector Series don't hit here (except for Nightmare Moon in redesigned packaging with the CS logo dropped). We didn't get PP Boutique singles so no Wysteria, no Favourites collections, no CMC & Friends collection, no Midnight in Canterlot, the Crystal Empire Glimmer Wings and Ploomette's pack never came over, the Bakery set didn't turn up... The only new characters here since the 2012 Wedding line have been Sunset Shimmer and Talking NMM. As much as I love ponies I'm fast approaching the burnout point.

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:13 PM »
Photo Finish and Octavia are not new characters, but at least new as playful ponies.
Oh right. I tend to think of them as being part of the EQG line since i will have to buy the dolls to get them. XD

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »

Giant Rarity, ahoy! TY Beanie Baby stuff... nothin' new, though I've not seen the "giant" ones before ;)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
There are some very, very pretty things here, but considering how much of 2013's releases were US exclusives I'm going to be tentatively excited until we're certain the things that aren't US TRU exclusives will be general releases, or won't be UK TRU exclusives at scalper's prices...

Octavia brushie! The rainbow power brushables with the actual RP designs on them! The snowglobe ponies!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »
I just noticed that the Rainbow Castle does not have a translucent Twilight with it there, but a regular looking one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:26:43 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2014, 03:27:49 PM »
I don't care in the slightest about the EQG stuff, but I'm very interested in everything else (minus the Rainbow Castle, which looks a little tacky to me... It's the slide, I think).

I'm just disappointed that there's such a lack of regular ponies though :(

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »
I'm really confused by the whole rock 'n roll theme. Don't get me wrong, I love all kinds of music and am not stuck to a single genre. And not that people don't continue to play rock music, but isn't pop or hip hop or country more of a 'thing' these days? I agree with someone who mentioned that may this is their answer to not remaking Jem & The Holograms. I feel like maybe there's a person at Hasbro that is stuck in their college days or something. lol :)

And to reply to previous posts, I'd only be interested in non-repeat brushables.
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
uggghh why is there no picture of the Octavia pony?? I don't give half a rip about the EQG stuff (and frankly I'm annoyed that it's crowding out the actual ponies)

The Breezies and Snowglobe ponies look neat though! And I like translucent Twilight. Don't really care for the graffiti'd-up Mane 6 though... they just made me think some kid randomly pasted crap all over them and Hasbro decided to package and sell it.

And PONY CHUTES AND LADDERS OH MY GOODNESS I WANT IT

AJLareneg

« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »
Are any of the new equestria dolls deluxe with the joints? I saw the new sunset shimmer (who I want) but I can't tell if she has joints or not?

G4Sweeties

« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
Ohmygosh I am so excited for all of this new stuff!!! Especially the Breezies!!!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2014, 04:01:48 PM »
What no articulation for Octavia, this means she can't do poses of playing the violin since she doesn't have elbows   -_-

Who said she should be able to? Girltoys don't need action features like... posing ability ;)

LOL, that's true, now that you mention it monster high sells are nasty and their complex articulation disgust young  girls  :P hehehehehhe

It's like they try to copy the look of Monster High (right down to the edgy shoe designs) but don't care for play (except hair play). I'm not trying to bash the kids and other people who enjoy the EQG dolls but it's just a simple fact that EQG offers less than MH while being exactly the same price (at least over here). The dolls with more articulation and an additional outfit were priced like a MH doll with three different outfits and still more articulation (and better quality).
That's just ridiculous and unfair towards the kids.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »
Ohhh my gosh ♥_♥ This makes me so happy! The clear princesses are prettier than I'd hoped for, and the playful sized Rainbow Power ponies are amazing! I hope they do them all, and a few new characters in that style wouldn't go amiss either--if we're wishing for the stars. I'm also a bit in love with that Octavia design, even though she's not one of my favorites. And I know one of my friends is gonna die over that Zecora!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal