collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32585 times)

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #435 on: February 17, 2014, 12:38:11 PM »
It kind of bums me out because if the Equestria Girl dolls were like.. articulated and Monster High quality I'd be buying them left and right and would be totally excited about all the new releases.  But they aren't so I'm just kind of meh other then the snowglobe ponies, can't wait for those!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
Series 2 Fash 'ems

Rainbow Dash Lite Friend

Stitch Kingdom has a couple more pony merch pics up but I don't think anything else is new...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:47:55 PM by 3377345 »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 17, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

I think this is what upsets me the most about the whole EQG business; I was one of those little girls who didn't like dolls and was lucky to grow up during a time when animal figurines were more popular than they are now. It was disappointing enough as a kid to get dolls from relatives who either didn't know me well (or were just insistent that girls should play with dolls); this is just going to make it more confusing and frustrating for any girl with other interests, since parents and others will just see the "Pony" branding. Given the increased focus on and criticism of stereotyping among "girl" and "boy" toys, it also seems like a really backwards move to limit the market like this, especially for a brand whose fiction appeals to such a wide swath of demographics. But I agree that it'll probably fail, anyway- EQG is riding on the strength of the "My Little Pony" brand, but I don't see My Little Pony staying strong unless they put at least SOME effort into the pony side of things.

BTW, CupidStrikes, as a Tales fan I love your avatar.  :happy:

Yeah, I would definitely mind the dolls less if Hasbro at least pretended they still cared about the actual ponies and if the dolls didn't have every single thing I loathe about doll toys - same face, same stick-thin bodies, all wearing make-up and skirts and other traditionally feminine clothing... - considering how the film's core message is "we're outwardly different but we can still be friends" it's kind of horrifically hypocritical to make the tie-in toys all look physically identical...I swear the people in charge of designing the toys have never actually watched a single episode of FiM or the EqG film or even had any of the important traits explained to them...

And :D Tales fans unite <3
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »

I think this is what upsets me the most about the whole EQG business; I was one of those little girls who didn't like dolls and was lucky to grow up during a time when animal figurines were more popular than they are now. It was disappointing enough as a kid to get dolls from relatives who either didn't know me well (or were just insistent that girls should play with dolls); this is just going to make it more confusing and frustrating for any girl with other interests, since parents and others will just see the "Pony" branding. Given the increased focus on and criticism of stereotyping among "girl" and "boy" toys, it also seems like a really backwards move to limit the market like this, especially for a brand whose fiction appeals to such a wide swath of demographics. But I agree that it'll probably fail, anyway- EQG is riding on the strength of the "My Little Pony" brand, but I don't see My Little Pony staying strong unless they put at least SOME effort into the pony side of things.

BTW, CupidStrikes, as a Tales fan I love your avatar.  :happy:

Yeah, I would definitely mind the dolls less if Hasbro at least pretended they still cared about the actual ponies and if the dolls didn't have every single thing I loathe about doll toys - same face, same stick-thin bodies, all wearing make-up and skirts and other traditionally feminine clothing... - considering how the film's core message is "we're outwardly different but we can still be friends" it's kind of horrifically hypocritical to make the tie-in toys all look physically identical...I swear the people in charge of designing the toys have never actually watched a single episode of FiM or the EqG film or even had any of the important traits explained to them...

And :D Tales fans unite <3

DING DING DING
this is exactly why I dislike EQG... they're all the same stick figure fashionista looking doll, no variation, despite their individual personalities as characters. AJ the farm girl has a stick-thin frame despite doing a lot of physical labor, Pinkie Pie the lover of sweets is tiny too, they're all even the same height?? I could overlook the cloned bodies a bit easier when they were ponies, but as teenage girls it's more obvious and grating.

So it adds insult to injury when these dolls I already object to start taking over the MLP line. u__u

...that said, the Zecora is the first EQG doll I've actually wanted to own a little bit... it's that mohawk and shaved head that won me over ultimately. And I love the Photo Finish pony figure that comes with the doll, but I'll try to get mine second-hand. Looks like I might have to get in line though!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »
:O Those "snow globe" ponies are so beautiful! Now that's a way to get us to buy characters over again. They remind me of Glow n Show ponies and aren't just the same pony with a bit of glitter added. But to be honest, the Breezies are still the star of this presentation. Since I heard that Breezies were returning I was hoping against hope that we would get a toy tie in!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 17, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »
I think it's funny that they just slapped some glitter on the Fash'ems, lol
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #441 on: February 17, 2014, 05:36:58 PM »
So much cool stuff
I NEVER thought I'd actually want an EQG doll

Can we be spared from exclusives??? Some foreign ponies here wanna buy them!

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #442 on: February 17, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
I actually think Photo Finish's doll's outfit is kind of cute, so I wouldn't mind buying her with the pony.  Some of the others kind of look like the EqG fakies that were posted in another thread though...

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if:
Photo "Dazzle" Finish
Octavia Melody "Dazzle"
Holly "Dazzle" Dash

-_- cause you know...Hasbro and that "Dazzle" crap...
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 17, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
I quite like Holly Dazzle Dash as a name :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #445 on: February 17, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »
so excited about the new eqg dolls.
gonna have to wait to buy a few. only pony i'll be keeping is rarity, so i should be able to justify more of the dolls if i sell the ponies.

also like the create a pony thing and the new plushes.
i can almost guarantee that my niece will be scared of the punk rock style ponies.
cool, but not my thing.

so excited to see more characters in the doll line! good job Hasbro. i (though i may be the only one) approve!
gonna take a lot of self control not to buy all the dolls at once. hope the trickle in slowly.

0.0!!! just saw additional pictures elsewhere.
officially Blind bag Flash Sentry!!! so awesome!!!
i need nothing else all year! thank you hasbro!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:00:44 PM by rosierjay »

AJLareneg

« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »
at least the show is still getting new episodes at all. And the network treats it like it's it's only show on sometimes. :/ I don't understand complaining about this. It's fine to dislike the equestria girls but you've said it so much already in here...
Ya, I agree..we get it you all don't like EQG, but there's no need to post it one every thread dealing with them mentioning you hate them :/ it comes off on others as annoying  >_<

I'd just like to point out that the Arena as a majority, focuses on the toys that we collect more than the show that goes with the toys. Yes the FiM cartoon is still going strong and has way more compared to EQG, but as far as the toys that we COLLECT there are way less than there could be. Yes it might be true that Hasbro is making a choice to make more dolls than ponies, but as far as I know it's never been clearly stated that EQG has a totally different branch than MLP or even FiM.

This thread is also about the toys, not the shows. I think the EQG movie is charming and I do enjoy it, but I would prefer to COLLECT ponies.
I was actually referring mostly to the show itself, and was talking to the person whose post I quoted originally. I didn't mean to make a mess out of things or be taken out of context like this. Everyone is of course fine to voice their opinions, and I do agree they should be releasing more ponies than they have been. :)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »
so excited about the new eqg dolls.
gonna have to wait to buy a few. only pony i'll be keeping is rarity, so i should be able to justify more of the dolls if i sell the ponies.

also like the create a pony thing and the new plushes.
i can almost guarantee that my niece will be scared of the punk rock style ponies.
cool, but not my thing.

so excited to see more characters in the doll line! good job Hasbro. i (though i may be the only one) approve!
gonna take a lot of self control not to buy all the dolls at once. hope the trickle in slowly.

0.0!!! just saw additional pictures elsewhere.
officially Blind bag Flash Sentry!!! so awesome!!!
i need nothing else all year! thank you hasbro!

Where are these other photos?

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
http://toyfair14.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/my-little-pony/index.html
not mine of course.
alot are repeats, but i saw some i didn't find in the thread.
namely this one.
http://toyfair14.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/my-little-pony/slides/IMG_0463.html
Flash Sentry Confirmation!!
wonder when these will be out. gonna have to save up. want at least 3.

Cherry_Sunset

« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Well looks like I have a few Equestria Girls to add to my pony wish list!

I really like what they're coming out with this year and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of them to stores! I really wish they had made new brushable ponies but hey, I do like the Rainbow Power Playful Pony Fluttershy and when they are as different from their normal releases as that, I count it about the same as a new pony.

I never cared for Photo Finish so much but my gosh is her doll and brushable amazing! I have a mighty need.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal