collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?  (Read 3363 times)

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2014, 05:33:04 AM »
Oh gosh, absolutely. I'd be lost without my comfort objects!

(photos aren't working for me at the moment, nor is much else, so you'll just get a wordy rundown)

1) One of my oldest and most faithful plush friends is a Pound Purrie named Pinky Bows (she... came with a pink bow), and she's got a spot in my room where she can watch over the bed and get patted in passing. I figure that by Velveteen Rabbit standards, I have made her real. Her whiskers have worn away, the paint on her eyes has chipped, no part of her is its original color... she's been loved very nearly to pieces.

2) Laurent is a realistic plush octopus that a friend sent me (she actually gave me a pair, one realistic and one not, but Laurent just happens to have a really good shape for hugging). He's not just soft and easy to cuddle into my chest, but he reminds me that even when I'm physically alone, someone on the other side of the country cares about me a lot and knows what I like.

3) The kitten bouquet. A different friend had a bouquet of nine stuffed kittens sent to me, and it came at a time when I was stressed out and just made my day, and because the little kittens themselves are so small, it's easy to just hold one in one hand while I type with the other, if I'm working at my computer at home and need something soft to hold (and my living, breathing cat doesn't feel like complying). All nine have names.

And the newest... Pink Bunny the Second!

When I was really small, I had a plush rabbit, bright pink and white. It was my best friend, basically. It was a little older than Pinky Bows, iirc, and one day at the public library, another kid picked her up and walked away with her and my parents took me home without her, and I know it sounds like a sad sign of arrested development, but it messed me up and I mourned her for years.

Cut to me very recently as an adult. I deal with depression and anxiety (which is why comfort objects like my plush collection, my dolls, and my fuzzy throw blankets are so important, because I need all the comfort I can get), and I was in a really bad low, and the Easter stuff had just started to come in at Target.

They had this stuffed dutch bunny that came in a couple of pastels, and my family came home from a shopping trip with the pink one for me as a surprise. I must have spent two straight days just hugging that bun, and despite my tossing and turning and the lack of real space in my bed, I slept with her there for about a week before finding her a stable spot.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2014, 08:40:20 AM »
I just won an auction for wish bear, can't wait for him to arrive! I used to have him when I was little and I'm looking forward to cuddling him again.

Wish Bear Auction
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2014, 08:21:52 PM »
I have a stuffed toy German Shepherd named 'Drake Bell' :P
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Star of Nickelodeon's show, 'Drake and Josh' for those who don't know

He came from Walgreen's :P my dad bought him for me.

I've been having him since '06-07? And I used to take him everywhere, so he kinda has some wear and tear packed on him ^^;
He helps me sleep :), I found that out when I was over at my boyfriend's and tried to take a nap but I couldn't :P because I didn't have Drake on me at the time :s but now I bring him everytime I visit my BF :D and when I wanna/needa take a nap, I have no trouble getting to sleep!  ^.^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »
I have a beloved stuffed dalmatian named Rolly. He was a stuffed animal from the release of Disney's 101 Dalmations. My Mom bought him for me before I was born so he's been with me literally my entire life.) He used to have expressive black eyes but they were worn away a long time ago.

As an adult, I sometimes suffer from panic attacks. Rolly is one of the only things that consistently helps me. When I'm sick, I sometimes sleep with him at night.

My husband is an awesome guy, and he never thought it was strange that I have Rolly (or that I collect ponies!) as a joke we brought Rolly to our wedding. This is him with my bridal bouquet.  ^.^

Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 12:07:57 AM »
Aww, I really enjoy everyone's sweet stories...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal