collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 11:49:06 AM »
But little did I know my grandma took her out of the trash when I left, washed her, restuffed her and dyed her pink again.
Ponylady, that's so sweet!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »
I have a couple of toys from childhood:  a Winnie-the-Pooh that I've had since I was six and a Donald that I got when I was four (on my 1st trip to Disneyland.). Both of them are always on or near my bed.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54:55 PM »
I have a few childhood stuffed animals that my mother made me but I keep them on display rather than for cuddling. My current cuddle buddy is a Disney plushie of Dodger from Oliver & Co
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 07:21:24 PM »
I have a stuffed penguin named (very creatively, haha) Pengie that I have had since kindergarten or first grade.  He is very cute, since his body is basically a round ball so he looks very chubby.  He is super soft and fluffy, and even has a little hat and scarf!  My Nanny gave him to me.

I also have Fabio, who is a little knitted doll that I was given when my appendix was getting removed in sixth grade.  Apparently, there is a local knitting club that makes these dolls for the hospital to give to kids before they get surgery.  I was terrified at the time, so having him with me really helped a lot, and I still love him.  My travel plushie is a Neopets Royal Boy Uni named Ronin.  He is pretty obviously a bootleg, but I love him anyway, and he has gone on lots of vacations and is quite the well traveled little guy.  Pengie and Fabio occasionally come on vacation, but I really worry about losing them (I worry about losing Ronin, too, but being the travel plushie is his "job").  :biggrin:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 10:32:57 PM »
Awww these are such sweet pictures and stories!

I'll have to take a pic of my oldest friend. I've had him since I was in my moms tummy.

Offline TattooedMLP_Rat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 08:25:04 AM »
I have a teddy bear that my mom had gotten me after I broke up with a bf in high school.  He got me a dog plush and she wanted me to not bring it to college and get over him.  She took me to Build a Bear and said I could get whatever I wanted.  I picked out a bear with a hoodie on, I've slept with him every night for the past 10 years.  I'm 29 years old now and married.  It's funny, sometimes my husband gets jealous I'm hugging my teddy bear at night, rather then him.  I just named my teddy, Teddy, my mom used to call him Crusty bc he's all ratty looking.  Sorry I don't have a pic, but I am loving this post and everyones pictures!!!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »
....ALL OF THEM! xD Well, one more than others:

On his pedestal nice and safe! Hes not my original but he heals a scarred heart.

tinyblondie

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »
I have a tonne of plushies but 3 very special ones that I hope I will never have to part with.

The Pink and Green striped one is a Fimble called Baby Pom. I got her when I was about 7 or 8 and I have loved her ever since. She is a little bit grey now and not very fluffy but she's still super soft and chubby. I got her with a toys r us voucher I won for my birthday. Is was a strange little thing where the clown we had hired (called Mr Bubbles) worked for a company where 1 boy and 1 girl were nominated at the end of each year to win a £20 voucher. I won for being the kindest girl of the year.

The Polar Bear is funnily enough made by Aurora! I got her a couple of years ago when I was on Holiday with my Mama. I saw her in a shop and wanted her but thought she was too expensive so put her down. 3 hours later I had a bad anxiety attack and ended up buying her after I had calmed down again. Her name is Marshmallow and I cuddle her if I feel I may have a panic attack.

The middle of is of course the BAB Pinkie Pie. She was the first BAB I ever got and I had her bubblegum scented so she is a bit more special than my other ponies. The day I got her I wore a Pinkie Pie inspired Lolita Co-Ord complete with Pinkie Pie jewelery. I bought her with a new and dear friend of mine who I rarely see anymore, after I got her we bought ice cream (I got candyfloss flavour) and went to explore a huge big local park in the sunshine where we made up Doctor Who sketches and had deep conversations about everything. She reminds me of the special day we shared.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2014, 12:19:28 PM »
Uhhh my MLP collection?  LOL  If I'm feeling down and need a cuddle, I go find my husband or my kiddo.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
I have a whole horde of them if need be! But "Duck" has always been my favourite. He's the perfect size, really cuddly, and about 17 years old now. (I'm 20.) He still comes with me when I go for sleepovers. :)

Edit: Here he is!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:07:34 PM by moonsugar »
:fox:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »
Right now on my bed I have a big unicorn plush on the end of the bed, at the head is three gen 1 pony plush, a frost dragon plush, a paint pony plush, my new plush of rarity, a unico the unicorn plush all the way from Japan, and the bean bag plush of the phantom of the opera.

This however is my snuggle buddy Alice the tiger puppet.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:31:31 PM by invaderhorizongreen »

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »
I have four I always sleep with. My African Wild Dog and BABW Thylacine don't have much of a story. My other two do.

Dayton the smaller Thylacine: I got a thylacine plushie for Easter one year and always had it with me even when I went to college. I took him on the plane on one of my many flights back to college and accidentally left him behind. Even after calling three airports he was never found.

I was really sad about it but a few days later I get a box at the campus post office. I never ordered anything so I had no idea what it was. I opened it up and it was a replacement thylacine plushie, the exact same kind I lost. My mother had secretly sent me a new plushie. He's named Dayton after the airport I took to college.

Cinci the Tiger: I had signed up to go to the Cincinnati Zoo with a friend. The day of the trip I had to be carried back to my dorm minutes before leaving from a bursting cyst. I told my friend to go ahead and that I would be fine. She came back with a stuffed tiger for me.

Pretty much all my striped critters don't have stripes anymore, they've faded.

Duster reference]

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2014, 06:41:07 PM »
I have a plush tiger called Edmund, my partner surprised me at work when we first started dating, and put him on my car, and when I came out got the surprise. He sleeps in my bed, and has for 14 years!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2014, 07:20:59 PM »
Right now on my bed I have a big unicorn plush on the end of the bed, at the head is three gen 1 pony plush, a frost dragon plush, a paint pony plush, my new plush of rarity, and the bean bag plush of the phantom of the opera.

Oh a frost dragon plush? I wonder if it's the same one I have!

I got him recently and he's been my secondary snuggle buddy to Mr. Panda. I even took him to school with me one day and let him sit on my desk when I play video games.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
aww I love all the pics and stories! Keep them coming!

Ive got a few plushy-buddies as well <3 Most of them are really old (and tatty lol), but they have been with me a long time and I would never ever give them away.
I remember, when my daughter was little, everyone gave her tons of plushies so her room was full of stuffed animals... and it was a little too much. So we decided to donate some of them and accidentally my mother-in-law tucked one of my childhood plushies that was sitting in larissa´s room into one of the bags for donation. ... *sigh* I was sooo sad when I found ot. So so so sad.. it was a plush dog with floppy ears, brown and white ... small but cute and I loved it. It had no name but still, I was sad like a child.
Well but on to te others that are still with me. My closest comforter is a bear, his name is Mr. Teddy (I always pronounced it as "tatty" when I was young), hes yellow-brownish colored with a white muzzle and since my daughter has grown out of it he is wearning her mint-green baby jacket. He is sitting on my bedside table all the time but when Im really sad, I need to cuddle him. I got him from my great-aunt when I was four and I clearly remember he was wearing nothing but a red ribbon around his neck (the first thing I did was asking my grandma for clothes for him). Then there is a one-eyed cat, shes the oldest plush I have, being with me since I was born. Her name is Schnurri (it would be "Purry" in english I guess). She once took part in a school play where a cat was supposed to crawl over a house, lol.
And being still well-loved to is my plush horse Wanda. Shes a chestnut with a white star on her forehead and is currently owned by my daughter. She is wearing a bright red woollen dressall the time that I wore when I was a toddler lol...
Ah and not to forget : there is G3 Sweetsong, a big pony plush that sleeps with me every night. Well, she normally only lies on my bed, but sometimes when I feel alone or sad I cuddle with her.
Well, the more I think about, the more plushies come to my mind... Ive got various other ponies, three owls (two of them made by my mother-in-law), a monkey from my childhood (who is observing the pony-room currently)... and more. Even my husband has two, a great walrus that shares the backrest of the sofa with one of my owls and a really really big plush-ant that scares visitors in the living room (most people think its a giant spider lol).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal