collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?  (Read 3362 times)

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 09:30:03 AM »
I have a 1985 kmart Christmas bear I got from my grandma.  He was my security "blanket" as a child.  He now sits next to my bed and comes to visit when I'm having a really really tough time.  But mostly my comfort is my dogs now.  They know just what I need to make me feel better.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »
not a toy, but a friend gave me a stress stone.  Its a heart shaped piece of marble and I find myself holding onto it a lot :)  Very soothing and smooth.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
Of course my ponies comfort me, like a lot of members on this forum have already stated, but I do have a great deal of stuffed toys too. Right now, Build-a-Bear Twilight is my go-to snuggler, and I've found it very hard to sleep without knowing she's there. But I'll never get rid of my calico cat Chip--she's a Beanie Buddy and the first stuffed animal I can really remember getting and adoring. I could list off more, but suffice it to say I have about 7 other Build-a-Bears, a knockoff BaB I got in Quebec, a number of licensed plush and a massive teddy bear I named Big Al after a character in one of my favourite book series. I'll try to take pictures later!

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »

This is Mr. Panda!

It's kind of a personal and hard to talk about story about how he came into my life but my Best Friend told me to keep him 3 years ago (he used to be his, and I don't know how long he had him previously).

I've slept with him every night (excluding one time) these past 3 years no matter where I was. He even went to Disney World with me and he comes along whenever I stay at a relatives or a friends overnight. 3 years of hugging overdose has made him rather dirty though, I need to give him a bath. Kinda hard to believe I've had him for this long!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
I was never much in need of a stuffie when I was younger, I usually snuggled a pillow or something. But ever since I moved away from my mom's I have grown attached to snuggling things, much to my husband's dismay (I generate a lot of heat in my sleep and I usually cuddled with him) so one night he said "Too hot... Snuggle with this instead." and a stuffed cow my husband owns is now my night-time squeeze, I named her Bess. She's all matted and looks well-loved.

Here she is with our youngest reptile, Bahamut

When I am away from home, I usually take my little 5" Funrise plush of Fluttershy with me and I keep it in my purse in case I have an anxiety attack. She's my Safety-shy :P

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
I have my plushie dog that i have had sens i was born and he have been whit me up until now and the funny thing about him is his name xD
When i was small i named him coca cola and he was with me everywhere  :lol:
I can take a photo of him tomorrow :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
Now that I have pets (three cats), not so much. But I do have a plush Dire Wolf named Jacob. He was bought at the La Brea Tar Pits in 2010, while I was doing research for a homework assignment. I love wolves and was sad at the lack of wolf items in the gift shop. Spotted him and had to have him. Granted three years on he's well loved and less fluffy. But he's survived my going through medication adjustments (for epilepsy),sobering up, and moving.

He has a permanent home on my bed.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
I have a stuffed penguin my girlfriend gave me at the aquarium back before we were officially dating.. I sleep with him every night, unfortunately he's gone missing these past few days and i haven't been able to find him yet.. :(

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 01:46:15 AM »
I have a stuffed tiger called spot. No piccies sorry. He was a replacement for my childhood care bear that I lost in a flood, ive always slept with a plushie, and losing my bear was pretty hard. I was at the local supermarket for essentials and found spot, thought he was cute and brought him home. Hes been my replacement since. I actually have two more the same stashed away in case I lose him or need to wash him. I never go away overnight without him, my best mate stirs the crap out of me about it, but I don't care.

I also have gertrude, a giant rainbow unicorn pillow pet that friends got me for Christmas one year, shes my travel buddy.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 02:08:46 AM »
I have Mr. Bean, a bear my grandma gave me when I was in high school. I sleep with him every night. At some point in the past 13 years, we acquired Wonka, a monkey that hubby sleeps with. When I'm really sick or in pain, I get both of them. They also come on all our vacations with us, but I don't always remember to take their pics on vacation. Here's some I do have:

2008, cruise to Bahamas

2011 Cave hotel in Cappadocia, Turkey

2013 Cusco, Peru

2013 Easter Island

I think the maids in the hotels get a kick out of them :)

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 05:10:33 AM »

Well these things make me comforted and happy. Including my kitty :)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 02:10:16 AM »
I have so many plushies to comfort me lol. I have a really floppy sheep who helps me get to sleep, a beanie frog who I rescued from a charity shop and only has one eye, a big blue alpacasso that my fiancé gave me, and I've been cwtching up to a Starcatcher plushie someone made for me a lot in the nights too.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 06:25:39 AM »
I love seeing everyone's cuddlies and hearing the stories behind them.

I have Taffy. She was actually my mom's when she was little. I found her in my grandmas basement, many moons ago and fell in love with her. When my mom came to pick me up from my Grandmas that day she was appalled that my grandma let me play with her and threw her away. I was obviously heart broken over the whole ordeal. But little did I know my grandma took her out of the trash when I left, washed her, restuffed her and dyed her pink again. That my friends was over 30 years ago and she still resides with me. She is tucked away in a glass case now but every now and then she comes out for a cuddle.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 07:32:29 AM »
I had a lamb that I loved and it also played music. Till I got sick on it and my mom had to wash it. No the music sounds very funny! I do also have a blanket that you can see right threw. there are some hole that are so big you can stick your arm threw it. I have it still but its put away. To fragile to have out anymore. I want to be buried with it when I die. 

Now I have a very soft blanket that my dad got me for Christmas a few years back. I have to have it with me every night, I love to have my ear covered that is not on the pillow. Not sure why but I sleep so much better like that.

SkyDreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 08:10:22 AM »
I have Thari

When she arrived about two years ago, I was rather disappointed with her...but she is so soft and perfect for a hug when my dog is not in the mood that she's become my favourite. I can't sleep without her, she props up my shoulder and is still plump!

I have a lot of soft toy elephants, but Thari is special.

I have a stuffed tiger called spot.

That me smile! I have a leopard called Stripe!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal