collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do any of you have experience buying Figmas? Advice needed  (Read 2494 times)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do any of you have experience buying Figmas? Advice needed
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 05:19:53 PM »
I try not buy my figures off of EBay due to high volumes of bootlegs. I usually get mine at cons, but if I were to order online, it would be through Mandarake, AmiAmi, GSC or myfigurecollection.net. I almost nabbed a $100 figure for around $25-30 before shipping on mandarake, but bills come first. :cry: I wish you luck with ordering the figure! Sometimes you just have to pay a little more for something you really want. With how popular SnK is, there'll be high demand and the prices, especially for limited editions, will sky rocket. I've seen it happen with Limited Edition Disney dolls. Oh man. XD Here's my only figma. My sweetie Kirino! Kirino is really the only anime character I collect figures of, but I know there are a few other figures I'd love to pick up. I usually go for the Sega figures because they range between $20-$30. Much better than $70-$100+ for 1/8 figures. ><

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I do need to change her up a bit. I need her big personality to shine!

Ahh off topic, but, Kirino!! I loveee Kirino. <3 She is so cute.I have her nendoroid and figma, and last year I saw the world premiere of the final Oreimo episodes at Otakon. I fangirl over her like crazy... xD The nendoroid is one of my favorites, she's just so cute.

Edit: Also OP, here is the ONLY surviving picture of any of my figmas that I have atm. xD Idk where the rest of them went...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:21:48 PM by melipuffles »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
I try not buy my figures off of EBay due to high volumes of bootlegs. I usually get mine at cons, but if I were to order online, it would be through Mandarake, AmiAmi, GSC or myfigurecollection.net. I almost nabbed a $100 figure for around $25-30 before shipping on mandarake, but bills come first. :cry: I wish you luck with ordering the figure! Sometimes you just have to pay a little more for something you really want. With how popular SnK is, there'll be high demand and the prices, especially for limited editions, will sky rocket. I've seen it happen with Limited Edition Disney dolls. Oh man. XD Here's my only figma. My sweetie Kirino! Kirino is really the only anime character I collect figures of, but I know there are a few other figures I'd love to pick up. I usually go for the Sega figures because they range between $20-$30. Much better than $70-$100+ for 1/8 figures. ><

I do need to change her up a bit. I need her big personality to shine!

Ahh off topic, but, Kirino!! I loveee Kirino. <3 She is so cute.I have her nendoroid and figma, and last year I saw the world premiere of the final Oreimo episodes at Otakon. I fangirl over her like crazy... xD The nendoroid is one of my favorites, she's just so cute.

Edit: Also OP, here is the ONLY surviving picture of any of my figmas that I have atm. xD Idk where the rest of them went...

I wanted to go to that premiere so badly!!! Otakon is too far for me though. Seriously. Kirino is my waifu! :inlove: She is my favorite and I love her so much! This is my mini Kirino army:

I also have a Kirino tote bag and an Oreimo calendar that I got at Mitsuwa, a few keychains and I'm sure there are other things that I have. lol I want to get the artbook, CD's and other Kirino-related things. She's my babbu! :blush:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
I wanted to go to that premiere so badly!!! Otakon is too far for me though. Seriously. Kirino is my waifu! :inlove: She is my favorite and I love her so much! This is my mini Kirino army:

I also have a Kirino tote bag and an Oreimo calendar that I got at Mitsuwa, a few keychains and I'm sure there are other things that I have. lol I want to get the artbook, CD's and other Kirino-related things. She's my babbu! :blush:

Otakon has always been my go-to convention, and I moved to PA a few years ago, so I'm really close to it now. I've been going to it for 6 years now. That figure in the maid uniform is so gosh darn adorable!!! I might have to get that one... Last Otakon I got the Meruru nendoroid, it's super cute, I feel like Kirino would go crazy for it. :P

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »

Otakon has always been my go-to convention, and I moved to PA a few years ago, so I'm really close to it now. I've been going to it for 6 years now. That figure in the maid uniform is so gosh darn adorable!!! I might have to get that one... Last Otakon I got the Meruru nendoroid, it's super cute, I feel like Kirino would go crazy for it. :P
I went back in 2011 and that was my one and only time. ACen was my go-to con and after 11 years it got stale. I pretty much only went for guests and the vendor hall because I needed my Kirino fix! I really want the Meruru nendo too! My fiance likes Kuroneko. She is such a sweetie! I may have to pick up some of her figures too. >> My favorite figure is probably the swimsuit one in the second row, second from the left. I love her boy shorts and her pose! Just too too cute! :dribble:
-Bow Tie

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »
Wow!  You guys both have awesome Figmas (and collections in general!).  Thank you for posting them!  It is just getting me even more excited to order one. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
Yay! I'm glad! That's pretty much the extent of my anime figure collection. :lol: My fiance has some Ah! My Goddess figures and a crap ton of Hellsing figures! He has quite the Hellsing collection. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
Wow!  You guys both have awesome Figmas (and collections in general!).  Thank you for posting them!  It is just getting me even more excited to order one.

You're welcome! ^.^ They're super cool little figures. I'm excited to get more of them. :3 I have quite a nendoroid collection coming along, but not many figmas atm.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »
Nendroids are so cute!  I was having a total internal debate about which to collect first (Figma or Nendroid) until Figma Armin appeared and I decided to try and get a matching Attack on Titan set.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »
I managed to get a pre order in for Armin!  Yay!  I'm really excited, even though he took a massive chunk out of my convention budget, especially with that shipping fee (about $20 ish usd).  Now waiting until late July for him to come in will be torture!  Even though I doubt it I'm hoping things move ahead of schedule, because I just can't wait to get him and 6 months seems like such a long time to wait.  Thanks for the advice guys, or I would have chickened out before ordering him.  I'm so glad that I went for it.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
Congrats! Armin looks really good; I've been thinking of getting Mikasa, but I can't justify it yet... Maybe sometime down the road.

I actually just bought my first figma, and I wish I had done my homework first... because now that I stop to think about it, it's definitely a bootleg that I'm getting. On the bright side, it was a really cheap bootleg, and the other one I bought with it was broken, so the seller said they'd refund it instead. One bootleg isn't as bad as two, right? :P

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
Thanks!  I think the Mikasa figma looks fabulous, whoever sculpted it captured her really well.  I really like the look of the whole Attack on Titan figma set, at least in the pictures!

It's a shame that the figma you bought might be a bootleg.

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
I actually just bought my first figma, and I wish I had done my homework first... because now that I stop to think about it, it's definitely a bootleg that I'm getting. On the bright side, it was a really cheap bootleg, and the other one I bought with it was broken, so the seller said they'd refund it instead. One bootleg isn't as bad as two, right? :P

On the plus side, bootlegs can be decent customizing material - like, if you even wanted a permanently bandaged or blood-splattered arm, you wouldn't be ''wasting'' an official, expensive figure.
I have a friend who ended up buying a fake too and he's going to try his hand at re-painting it for practice, in case he ever buy a resin kit.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal