collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CONFIRMED SCAM! Member Scamming Through Ebay!  (Read 11426 times)

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
Re: CONFIRMED SCAM! Member Scamming Through Ebay!
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2014, 03:50:59 AM »
I am not taking any side, but please: don't start a witch-hunt.

A witch hunt would be like hunting someone down because you don't agree with them. Look at Joan of Arc for example. She did nothing wrong. This person however has scammed people numerous times, offensively lied about her niece having cancer or something to get ponies cheaper. That is just not right at all. Scamming is a crime, and people that commit the crime need to be punished. If anything, reporting the IP address to the authorities will be helping the community.  :iconclap:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:52:55 AM by Spike »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2014, 06:53:45 AM »
Sounds to me like this is your standard cry for attention from a person who never grew up and learned how to act like the adult she is supposed to be.

First she wants everyone to pity her with sob stories of ill relatives and so she can get discounts on ponies, and she joins here but pretends to be someone else to defend herself when her shady actions are brought to light. Then when we don't buy it, she runs off to ebay to make a fake auction (probably knowing people here would spot it and post more about her in this thread). These are all the childish things immature people on the internet do when they want attention.

Unfortunately a long thread like this is just giving in to her need to feel important and have everyone talk about her, but the alternative is that people won't know what she's up to.

What she doesn't understand is that the internet is not always as anonymous as it appears to be (for example the Mods here can monitor your IP address and tell that you are the same person), plus through ebay some personal information is available as well. So the impressions she gives people here and the bridges she burns are going to stick with her in the future.

Scammers always think they can just change their online name and have a fresh start, but there's always people like the ones in this community who monitor for scammers and warn other people.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2014, 07:13:15 AM »
Please do not discuss deleted topics thanks! - Loa
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:55:15 AM by Loa »
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2014, 07:15:41 AM »
Well this has played out into a real drama, I'm glad that last ebay "photo" sale is resolved as that would have been terrible had the sale gone through....:(
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2014, 07:41:07 AM »

My guess is why it was taken down is because she lied about a lot of things and because the photo was probably something got from the internet and posted here without permissions. She was asked numerous times to pm a mod to tell her story and she refused. She had many opportunities to come clean and turn things around and she didn't want to. She just wanted to start drama.

edited for deleted content ~ashes, site mod
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:48:21 AM by ashes »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2014, 08:07:46 AM »
She was asked numerous times to pm a mod to tell her story and she refused.

Well, in the message she posted she insisted that she had contacted a mod. And she did apparently send a message to someone and she copied and pasted the message into that post. But the person she says she contacted was an admin at the MLPTP, not here. So uh, that might make a difference  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:35:30 AM by NoDivision »

Offline Anime_Amy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
Just.... Wow....
If she really is lieing about her neice having cancer that makes me sick. I lost my Mother this month to cancer and don't really have any respect for people who lie about that. Instead of trying to get discounted ponies I would have donated that money to a cancer facility to help fund research but that is just me.

Trying to sell a printed off picture that isn't hers is just shady.

I have sold to this person. It was a fairly large pony lot on Ebay. She did PM me before the auctions ended to see if I would include some other ponies I was auctioning off at the time if she won. I declined and she was respectful of that.  I had no problems selling to her though and it went smoothly.

Okay editing to add..
After looking over that list on the front page I am pretty sure some of those baby ponies she wants for her niece were in that lot I sold to her and that was back in January. I think she resold that whole lot in smaller lots. I remember seeing them in my ebay feed occasionally. Which is odd if she wanted those for her niece.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:52:36 AM by Anime_Amy »
GryphonGlassware.Etsy.Com

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
She actually writes pretty eloquently for a nut job...
Hehehehehe

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »

Well, in the message she posted she insisted that she had contacted a mod. And she did apparently send a message to someone and she copied and pasted the message into that post. But the person she says she contacted was an admin at the MLPTP, not here. So uh, that might make a difference  :facepalm:

The admin said she never contacted her. The admin told me to give her her email address and the admin never got an email.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
Okay editing to add..
After looking over that list on the front page I am pretty sure some of those baby ponies she wants for her niece were in that lot I sold to her and that was back in January. I think she resold that whole lot in smaller lots. I remember seeing them in my ebay feed occasionally. Which is odd if she wanted those for her niece.

I for one don't believe that she is purchasing ponies for a sick niece. My father has terminal cancer and it would never occur to me to use his health as a reason for strangers to sell me stuff cheaper. I just don't think that's how people handle situations like this, and let's face it everything is pointing to the fact that technopone is flipping the ponies she's buying up. Which is making me sick to my stomach. I do not know how she sleeps at night, using this serious illness that affect so many families in this way. I just don't have words.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:28:38 AM by little.fox »

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »

The admin said she never contacted her. The admin told me to give her her email address and the admin never got an email.

The MLPTP admin?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »

The MLPTP admin?

That is correct. MBJ.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2014, 10:56:15 AM »
Goodness, that's all sorts of mixed up then. So she claims to have contacted the MLPTP staff, but never did, and also claims that she has contacted the arena staff and used her (unsent or at least unreceived) e-mail to the MLPTP as proof of that?  :wacko:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2014, 11:01:56 AM »
Yes. And I had told her when she was contacting me on eBay that MBJ had not received her email. And that she could pm any mod on the arena at any time. But she chose not to.  So I just gave up on her. She obviously did not want to contact anyone just wanted someone to feel sorry for her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:06:22 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »
Um, wasn't there a scammer a LONG time ago who sold a picture of a pony the same way?  Any known connection?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal