collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: restoring Sparkle ponies...  (Read 165 times)

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
restoring Sparkle ponies...
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:28 AM »
So has anyone here ever returned a Sparkle pony to it's former glory? I picked up a lot a while back and to my surprise (and disappointment) there were two mail order sparkle ponies, Sky Rocket and Stardancer, but with mohawks, chopped tails and quite badly faded. If they could speak I'd love to know where they had been :). I haven't worked out what to do with them as of yet, I have no troubles rehairing, maybe I can even source some tinsel, but their bodies really bother me. I was wondering if a dose of RIT might help boost their lacklustre selves??? has anyone done this? Any tips or better ideas?? thanks very muchly x
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: restoring Sparkle ponies...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »
It's that evil translucent plastic. Unfortunately the discolouration is "in" the actual plastic itself [does that make sense?]. So there is no way to physically restore it and with time most of the plastic will either cloud completely or change in colour as the plastic degrades. RIT is going to coat the surface of the plastic and it could even be very hard to get the colour to take completely due to the translucency. The only thing which is maybe worth a try is some sun fading; the discolouration could simply be a result of yellowing on the surface and if thats all it is you will manage to get some balance of colour back.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: restoring Sparkle ponies...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:12:03 AM »
Thanks so much for your reply
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal