collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony flaws you actually like!  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
Re: Pony flaws you actually like!
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
I am a fussy collector so I dont really like flaws per se. However, the odd factory error - such as a hair line missing the guide line or a symbol missing one colour completely - those I think are quite funky and will normally keep in my collection :)

I agree with 'Cat, though I do think MB Tornado actually looks better with faded white hair instead of pink.  That doesn't stop me from hunting for a mint unfaded one, though.

I'm kind of fussy, too, and I agree that Tornado looks better with white hair. I like to buy my ponies in very good to mint condition. But I do have several ponies, mostly from my childhood, with flaws that became fodder for my childhood imagination, and I wouldn't replace them. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I got a Baby Ribbon who had lost her horn, and so I pretended that she had lost half her horn in the Shifter attack that killed her mother (because I didn't have her mother . . . still don't, actually . . .) Shifters were the bad guys in my sister's and my pony world; I think they might have been based on the dragon-things from Firefly's Adventure.

This was one of my sister's favorites -- a Baby Moondancer we found second-hand with a horn that had been cleanly cut off (pretty cruel, whatever kid did that). We glued a blue jewel on her forehead, and then made up a mythology about how every unicorn had a jewel at the base of their horn, but Xanthe's was just showing because a Shifter had attacked her. She usually came into town during the game in a cloak and was a mysterious figure. :)

High Flier looks like a dog attacked her. So, when she arrived in the herd, she explained that she had been in a battle with something I can't remember. Nowadays she's the battle-hardened (but protective) leader of the summer- and windy-wings. :)

I got this girl later in my life, and I keep her around because she has one of the craziest flaws I've ever seen. I'm not sure if someone tried to die her and then changed their mind halfway? Or if she fell in something? Anyway, she's cute to me despite the paint, I guess because she's so unusual! :)

I love the backstories you gave your ponies. It sounds like you and your sister had a great time playing with your ponies as kids! And some incredible imaginations! :)

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony flaws you actually like!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
Haruna, I LOVE your pony flaws, and Sundance is so cuuuuute! I went "awww" when I saw her. I have no idea why I find her so adorable, but I do! I love her, and she's so special and unique.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal