collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you prefer to collect?

MOC/MIB
20 (13.2%)
Loose and complete with accessories
42 (27.8%)
Loose
89 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: How do you prefer to collect?  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: How do you prefer to collect?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 06:53:55 AM »
MIB/MOC or loose, mint condition. I don't care about accessories most of the time.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »
I chose all 3. It depends on the generation.
My daughter gets G4`s so they are mostly bought MIB and then opened. 
For myself I mostly buy G1`s loose without accesories. I do have 1 G1 MIB, but only because I got a super deal on it. Its nice to look at but I prefer to be able to brush them and style their hair. I have a couple of the big brothers hats and want to get the rest of their hats.  There are a few other accessories that i would like to eventually get but mostly I am just trying to get all the G1s that I want first.
I get my G3`s from thrift stores so I have a few of their accessories but most of them without.
I have lots of G3.5 playsets and 3.5 accessories because there are lots at the thrift stores. 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »
I like to collect NIB ponies, but if they do come in a set with others I will buy loose.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 08:20:32 AM »
I want *one* MIB/MOC G1, but I can't decide "who" it will be...

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »
All three!

G1s- I have a ton loose most without accessories. But the accessory bug bit me so now I'm collecting their accessories to go with them and their accessories are displayed. I also have about 20 or so MIB/MOC and I absolutely love them that way!

G2s- All of mine are loose except my one MIB. I don't have any accessories for the loose ones. I only have about 10 or so G2s.

G3s- I have about 30-40 MIB, most however are loose. What accessories I do have for the loose ones are stored under the bed.

G3.5s- I have some MIB and some loose.

G4s- All are MIB except the ones I have found second hand-- minus the Mrs. Cake bakery. My hubby bought me an extra one for Christmas just so I could take my FIRST ever pony out of the box! Yes, I've never bought a pony in the store and taken it out of the box until today!

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 08:47:50 AM »
Loose and sometimes with accessories.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 10:40:12 AM »
I try to keep mine as MIB as possible, but like with the Funkos, they can be opened, looked at once, and put back again, but things like my SDCC :muffin: Pony I can't break the seal on, so she stays in her cute display box. However, because :muffin: Pony is mostly in sets, mine are almost all loose.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
Ha I like loose best as they can be handled :) I have a few MIBs and MOCs but they are more like *investment* ponies or ones I will sell when it's a very rainy day. I have a box of accessories but the vast majority of them are childhood bits and pieces. I think there are some ponies that are much more enjoyable with their accs, like Confetti in her bridal outfit and the Princess ponies.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
I *hate* leaving things in their boxes/on cards, so loose for me :) I like buying G3/G4s MIB/MOC since the price usually isn't too different from if they were loose, and it's fun to debox ;) But I never buy any pony with the intention of keeping them in MIB.

As for accessories, it depends on the set tbh. Most of the accessories I'm fine not having, but there are some (i.e. Big Brother hats/bandanas, Pumpkin Tart's cat ears) I adore :) Although I do keep any accessory that comes my way (for example, the Rockin' Beats' guitar brushes are the only brushes I've *specifically* collected, but I do have some other G1 brushes that came in lots, etc). If that makes sense ^^;.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
I like to collect loose ponies so I can pick them up and brush their hair. ^.^ I'm not really into accessories, I only collect baby sea pony floats and Princess pony accessories. I collect all ponies but G1s are my favourite because they are the ponies from my childhood. I don't really collect mint ponies, I do have a few but I mainly collect TLC ponies because I feel like they need a loving home the most. :)

Offline Firecloud

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 03:34:38 PM »
I love the ponies, i dont need the accesories, with the pony im done jejej
Mexican Pony Boy

LuckyTwirlerina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »
I prefer my ponies loose because I find it much more enjoyable to be able to pick them up, look at them from different angles, and play with their hair (I find it very calming and relaxing to pick them um and brush their hair out nicely). Accessories are always a bonus, but I don't make a point of collecting them unless their something small and doesn't take up much space that makes the pony more enjoyable. I do keep a small stash of newer mib/moc ponies to debox on crummy days, though, but only late g3s or g4s. I never have the heart to keep such cute ponies in tiny plastic jails, they all have to come out eventually. To me, at the end of the day, they're toys that are meant to be deboxed and handled in order to enjoy to their full, intended extent.  :lol:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 04:26:28 PM »
I prefer loose with accessories.  I love handling my ponies and boxes are harder to keep clean and nice. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »
I like loose ponies! I'd only collect MIB if it were a special pony, like Masquerade. I only collect G4 and G1 at the moment, but G4 is so hard to buy for because there are no new ponies on the shelves!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 04:52:39 PM »
Loose definitely, and other than just basic combs and original ribbons, I do usually search for their accessories also. I especially love newborn accessories and barrettes. I also collect ponywear.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal