collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Minnesota Pony Meet - August 23rd - get ready!  (Read 18364 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Minnesota Pony Meet - August 23rd - get ready!
« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »
Rosier- POOCHIE!! I don't have any to sell, (maybe I have a book around here, I'll look) but I love Poochie! And I'll be happy to vote for you. PLUS... did you mean gluten free? Or did you really mean glutton free? Because 1. Hahahaha! I should try the glutton free diet! And 2. I'll try to prepare something that's gluten free. I was thinking of a meat dish anyway.3. I didn't mean any of that offensively. If anyone took it that way, I'm sorry.

Kazzellin (sorry if I spelled that wrong, it's a page away now)- I think that would be super-cool! I don't think any other meet has patches, we could start doing a different one every year. I also think a patch of Tex would be cool pretty much anywhere.

I'm totally in for the $10 swap and the pot luck. I'll bring a few things for the prize table, I have a couple of games in mind, and I'll always be able to find things for the dice game/ white pony elephant game. I'm also excited to just sit around and talk about ponies. *bask*

I like vanilla! I always think it's funny, that I prefer things to be really busy and have lots of flavors, unless it's cake. Then I'm white cake, white frosting all the way. Not that I won't eat chocolate... there's not much I won't eat!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

PonyParty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2014, 09:03:22 PM »
Did someone mention they were looking for the 2014 Fair pin?  We have an extra to trade/sell that I could bring.

Post Merge: July 22, 2014, 09:05:50 PM

What types of things would people be excited to get in the $10 swap?  (Seems like people collect a wide range of MLP items, I'm having a hard time thinking up things to include...)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:05:50 PM by PonyParty »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2014, 10:29:06 PM »
Rosier- POOCHIE!! I don't have any to sell, (maybe I have a book around here, I'll look) but I love Poochie! And I'll be happy to vote for you. PLUS... did you mean gluten free? Or did you really mean glutton free? Because 1. Hahahaha! I should try the glutton free diet! And 2. I'll try to prepare something that's gluten free. I was thinking of a meat dish anyway.3. I didn't mean any of that offensively. If anyone took it that way, I'm sorry.
XD laughed so hard i snorted.
it is gluten free.
i do that all the time verbally too and people think i'm doing it on purpose.
i'm not. :P
anyone ever read hana yori dango? well my speech patterns are very similar to doumyoji. poor guy

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »
I just found the coolest thing for my swap gift! It's not a pony, but it's still awesome, and Pony Merchandise!

I plan on including my awesome thing I found, a pony (probably a blind bag or two, since they're fun to open) and candy. That's the sort of thing I would like to see in my package, so that's what I'm putting in the one I'm giving.

Other things I like putting in are coloring books, sort of uncommon ponies (newborns or twins, neon ponies, stuff like that) and though I don't include them, I LOVE seeing certificates for customs or rehairs!

Are other people bringing things for the prize table?

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »
I am looking for the fair pin that features Star Shine (I think there were two pin designs, one of her and a group shot). I'd settle for the group shot if singles aren't available.

I've already been shopping for the prize table (small items) and I think I read that other people do the same?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:13:44 AM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »
if a certificate for a custom or rehair is ok to put on the prize table, i can easily do that.
so much easier than making a custom and hoping someone likes it.
i've only made 1 custom that didn't have a designated owner.
have a few other fun stuff i can bring too.
and i'm totally up for the 10$ swap gift and the dice game.
i love this kinda stuff.
there are a lot of pony stuff on clearance at target right now too. so picking up a few little tidbits wouldn't be difficult.

how much longer till the meet? why is it so far away?

oh!! and how much space will we have for displaying/selling ponies?
i don't have too many customs for sale, but would anyone be interested in seeing samples in person for commissioning them etc?

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »
I'm looking for any of this years fair pins, totes, key-chains ect!!

I should also be able to find a couple things for the prize table :)

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
I finally finished the basic wash and style (Pony Spa) for all of my ponies for selling. I only have to wash another 30 or so that I have in my suitcase so it didnt look so ridiculous in my house (also, safer from puppy)

now to price and things...sigh
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »
How much space to display? that's a good question. we'll easily fill my living room and kitchen, the main gathering areas. i should have 2-3 extra table surfaces to share, unless I find more ponies to sell then I might need the space...:shocked:

So if anyone has a card table they can bring along, might not be a bad idea. Not sure where we are going to put all the potluck food since all the kitchen tables will have ponies on them!!! :lol:

We can always spill out into the unattached but nearby garage if people need huge spaces for set up... I am planning on having some "booths" set up with a free table and a chair for peeps with sale stuff, but like I said I might only have a couple extra tables after using my two small tables for my own display.

If folks don't have a ton of stuff, I do have several coffee and end tables for displaying sale items!

Post Merge: July 23, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

But hey, today's the 23rd of July so let's say we're at the one month countdown mark!

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2014, 11:51:48 PM »
One month huzzah there is still time to do some stuff for the meet lol so we are doing a $10 swap again.. A custom contest? I need to get some prize table items
Seapony I got an extra of the basic fair pin to sell.. I have extra ones from the last two years too if any one needs those ones 2013,2012 also Extra tote bags from each year

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
Pins! I need the pins...

pins...

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2014, 09:16:47 AM »
I
How much space to display? that's a good question. we'll easily fill my living room and kitchen, the main gathering areas. i should have 2-3 extra table surfaces to share, unless I find more ponies to sell then I might need the space...:shocked:

So if anyone has a card table they can bring along, might not be a bad idea. Not sure where we are going to put all the potluck food since all the kitchen tables will have ponies on them!!! :lol:

We can always spill out into the unattached but nearby garage if people need huge spaces for set up... I am planning on having some "booths" set up with a free table and a chair for peeps with sale stuff, but like I said I might only have a couple extra tables after using my two small tables for my own display.

If folks don't have a ton of stuff, I do have several coffee and end tables for displaying sale items!

But hey, today's the 23rd of July so let's say we're at the one month countdown mark!
o

I have two 6 foot tables that fold in half...I can try to bring one or two

***hopefully there are some people looking for Venezuela ponies because I am bringing some to sell! :)

**in my swap package I would like to see g1 ponies....or merchandise... candy is always good...stuff like that....pony outfits....;)

***so far we are having 1) $10 swap....2)custom contest...3)TeX themed contest??...is this right....4)potluck......5) some goodies for the prize table....6)costume contest????.......7)am I missing anything?....Lol

-------->****Aurora.....can we get a brake down of all the activities and things we should bring on maybe the first page?:)......I don't wanna forget or miss anything...hehe...this would be very appreciated.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:23:19 AM by wizzer218 »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
Only one month! Awesome!

I'm planning on bringing my own card table, I'm not sure if I'm putting any real effort into the display or just bringing boxes to dig through. Should I pack a camp chair, too? I know last year we did most of the games out on the yard because it was less crowded.

The garage sounds like a nice thing to have, as long as there are a few people set up there- not just one lonely display. I'm perfectly happy to set up in the garage, I don't have anything too valuable, so even if it wanders off it's no big loss. Not accusing, it's just when there are that many people and ponies in one place, things get confused.

I'm camping this weekend, the start of my busy half of summer. It's too bad all of it is fun, otherwise I would skip it and relax at home with a cool drink!

Oh, and a costume contest? Fun times! I might not be able to get one ready in time this year, what about a "Most Ponyriffic Outfit?" or something similar. Not necessarily just costumes, but pony-inspired clothing? I can at least wear a pony shirt... maybe I'll look into Pony Pants!

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
One month huzzah there is still time to do some stuff for the meet lol so we are doing a $10 swap again.. A custom contest? I need to get some prize table items
Seapony I got an extra of the basic fair pin to sell.. I have extra ones from the last two years too if any one needs those ones 2013,2012 also Extra tote bags from each year

I would gladly take this years and last years pins off your hands as I have missed the last two pony fairs.  I'm also interested in the tote bags from the last two years also!!  :)

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2014, 05:21:39 PM »
I will bring prizes for table as well. Excited to see anyone

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal