collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Minnesota Pony Meet - August 23rd - get ready!  (Read 18365 times)

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Minnesota Pony Meet - August 23rd - get ready!
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »
Vote for a host pony please! The community expressed an interest in a boy pony this year, and I'm hoping it's a US release so we can maximize the members that are able to bring one (hey, we don't all have an Ice Crystal...yet!) I don't have all the big brothers, but I'm excited to make a custom or painting of whomever is chosen!

@Aurora- maybe we could make this a poll on the lead post?

Bests bets:
Barnacle (this one might be fun 'cause it's also Buccaneer theme weekend at the renfest)
Chief
Salty
Slugger
Steamer
Wigwam
Tex (this one would also be awesome because I have a bed of cactus along the south side of my house for the photo op!)
Quarterback
4-speed

My favorites are... so hard to choose... :think:... Tex, Barnacle, or Chief (I just love Chief!)

it had better be PET weekend at the Ren Fest!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
What is a host pony? Like if Tex is the one chosen everyone brings one of theres in? I have never been to a pony meet( used to model horse show quite a bit years ago)...so I'm going to be asking about some stuff. For stuff I have to  trade/sell should I bring them in a plastic tote?

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2014, 04:45:35 AM »
I have never been to a meet before either, so yesterday morning I spend a couple hours (not joking) reading every page and post and following links to photos from last year's meet! Last year many attendees brought Mimic, or a drawing of Mimic and they took a pony group photos. It was fun to see an ad hoc Mimic Army!

About transporting your ponies: I guess bring them however convenient and safe for ponies! I will have a few tables and such for setting up sale items, but a bin makes a nice overflow catchall.

Here's the link again to some pics from last year's meet at Wizzer's house in northern Minnesota. (open the spoiler in rosierjay's post)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,320987.390.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:50:30 AM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2014, 05:04:22 AM »
Ok. I looked at last years pic, it looked like fun...but anywhere there is ponies its fun! I vote Tex for host pony.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »
I vote Tex, too- I'll work on getting a poll up at the first page. I like the idea of Tex in the garden of Cactus, I think that will look really cute! Plus he's not uncommon.

The Mimics of Minnesota was something we thought would be fun, and it was! I think we're the only meet that does it, so I think it would be fun to keep doing, something to set us apart. Or at least something for other people to copy!

I have packed my ponies in a lot of different ways, and my personal favorite right now is copy-paper boxes. They're small enough that you can carry and pack them. I've also used purple totes, they worked well but didn't really fit in my trunk! As far as how to display, the more people can see your ponies, pick them up and fall in love with them, the more likely they'll sell. Try and have them priced already, but there will be lots of people there who can help with pricing. I have my sale ponies in plastic ziploc bags, just so I don't have to keep combing them, but they don't look as pretty on display that way.
And be ready to trade. Trading is fun! Last year there was this adorable young girl there, about 9 years old, and she had some ponies that needed some love, but they were a little harder to find. She was going around and trading with everyone to get the ponies she wanted- it was so cute!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2014, 09:10:34 AM »
Hey everyone so I'm a little confused on what everyone means by the host pony? Does that mean we need to bring Tex along?

Anyways I was thinking of making a group photo of everyones OC ponies at the meet, so if everyone would like to be in it let me know and send me a private message of a photo of your pony! :)

For Sale Wants

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »
The Host Pony is just sort of our mascot for the meet. We would bring our pony along, and then we will take a picture of them all together. The first was Mimic, just because it's fun to see that many Mimic's together.

Did you want to do a group photo at the meet, or something beforehand? My persona is my Avatar, and I have a couple of customs of her, so I can bring her along. I'm not sure which you are asking for... :)
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Any big brother is OK with me! :lol:...I shall bring ALL mine!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2014, 10:05:04 AM »
Okay I like them all too Tex sounds great to me!

I mean like artwork of all of our ponies, and I was thinking of bringing prints of it, if you could send me a vector of your pony that would be the best so I can pull colors from it! Wizzer I'm guessing you are just Wizzer right? :P

For Sale Wants

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
Here is a pic I took in May for another thread here (show me ponies doing their symbol things)... The cactus have filled out even more, although we did experience some attrition from last winter, there is still quite a nice bed.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:19:07 AM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
I am good with any I have most of them MOC but chief and quarterback. tex might be fun with the cactus. I will also bring a few others so people can see some rare ponies  in person. I have a venny melody, south African ones and finally a Takara...

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2014, 04:32:12 PM »
I usually use boxes to store/carry my trades.  A luggage cart works great and cuts down on trips to and from the car. 

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
Is anyone bringing vintage LPS animals(for sale or trade) to the meet? Just wondering since I'm looking for a couple pets to go with the pet carriers/bunny basket I have.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
Is anyone bringing vintage LPS animals(for sale or trade) to the meet? Just wondering since I'm looking for a couple pets to go with the pet carriers/bunny basket I have.

If I have room I can bring a couple things if I know ahead of time you're interested. I'm pretty well out of room in my suitcase and haven't finished packing ponies....
I'll try to get pics of all the extra lps (g1) that I have before August, but I'm not sure how or when....
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »
I'm looking for the black&tan puppy and the brown&tan bunny, both are Ready to Go pets.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal