collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Evidence needed for non-arrival of item? (Ebay)  (Read 805 times)

moodymand

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Evidence needed for non-arrival of item? (Ebay)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 12:51:01 AM »
Thanks all :hug: I have a feeling this is going to end with me refunding them. Which I have no problem doing - I just get the impression they're not going to be happy to wait around until the claim goes through and I get the money back (which knowing RM, is not exactly a priority for them). That's if I even do get the money back. So I'll probably have to refund them before the claim goes through, to avoid a neg. :( MiRaja unfortunately I am thinking the same as you. It's sad that someone would do that!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 01:26:34 AM »
I've shipped things to Italy that have gone missing, even WITH tracking, which is why I won't ship there anymore. I'm sorry that you've had trouble here though. I hope it works out and your PO refunds you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 06:02:40 AM »
I believe in the US, that the post does not and will not insure packages going into Italy.  Also, Internat. tracking for packages originating in the US is dodgy to begin with. 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »
I'm in the midst of a Canada-Italy problem right now as well. Paid $45 for priority tracked shipping on NOVEMBER 25...item still hasn't arrived (thankfully it's an arena member) but touched down in Italy on the 4th. I really don't get it. What's the point of paying all that money and the item STILL takes forever to get there?!

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 01:27:42 PM »
I almost always have trouble shipping to Italy! If you read the list of items banned for shipping into Italy from other countries, it pretty much covers everything you'd want to ship there. :/ I think a lot of things get caught up in customs and never make it out...? Hope you find a good resolution.

moodymand

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
Thanks all. I'll keep you updated on what happens with this buyer...

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »
I almost always have trouble shipping to Italy! If you read the list of items banned for shipping into Italy from other countries, it pretty much covers everything you'd want to ship there. :/ I think a lot of things get caught up in customs and never make it out...? Hope you find a good resolution.

Yeah, they have a lot of stuff banned - including non-wooden toys (for some reason), which makes me feel kind of silly for trying to ship plastic ponies. Oh Italy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

moodymand

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 03:47:43 AM »
What, really?? That's ridiculous. I should have looked further into this if I'd have known I'd have excluded Italy from my auctions. I think I have done a private transaction from here on the Arena to Italy no problem, though.

Ah well, I will know better next time I eBay anything. (It won't be ponies because I have now officially sold off my entire collection - save six commons that remind me of childhood good-times :) )

moodymand

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
Well, the week is up and he says the item still has not arrived. I am thinking with the amount of time it will take Royal Mail to process my claim if I open one now (and that is assuming I even get the money back from them) by that time I am going to have one irate buyer on my hands, and we already know he likes to dish out the neg feedback... so I am thinking the best thing for me right now is to just refund him, and know better next time to send tracked (or just not ship to Italy!!)

It's a bummer but I will know better next time.
Thanks for all your help guys <3

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:49 PM »
I can't believe PayPal and eBay don't investigate people like this. It's absolutely ridiculous that they can out and out steal from people and face no concequences. I mean, logically, if so many items didn't reach him, why would he continue to purchase off eBay? It's completely illogical!

moodymand

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:56 PM »
I know, it's not really fair at all. I just read the thread about eBay sending out messages to all buyers located in Argentina urging them to wait longer for packages to account for a problem with their postal service, and the temporary monitoring of negative feedback left by those buyers. I think they should perhaps do the same for Italy...!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal