collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All of the build a bear ponies now have a 7 in 1 sound chip available.  (Read 3392 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: All of the build a bear ponies now have a 7 in 1 sound chip available.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »
Yup I agree with Lucky Ladybug, it would cost them silly bucks to use the show VAs plus they would probably have to pay additional licensing for the rights to that :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Reiya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
Ick, the only one that sounds right is Fluttershy.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
Yup I agree with Lucky Ladybug, it would cost them silly bucks to use the show VAs plus they would probably have to pay additional licensing for the rights to that :(

But then why did they do it for Fluttershy?  That is the question.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »

But then why did they do it for Fluttershy?  That is the question.

Is it 100% the actual voice actress? I have that plush with voice box [did not even realise it was in there :P] and while it sounds super close I could not say for certain that its Andrea Libman but thats more because the voice is not exactly clear.

Also these boxes are bolt ons launched after terms for releasing Pinkie and Rainbow Dash and Twilight were probably all agreed. Perhaps at the time BaB decided against the extra cost of carrying the voice boxes for these ponies but having seen it requested or the potential popularity of such an item when it came to Fluttershy they were happy to pay it. Going back and creating accurate voice boxes will add cost [but not necessarily high end profit] to 3 toys which have been out for months, have already been purchased by much of the keen market and are potentially going to be retired at some point. Unfortunately I bet it all comes down to them not being willing to $$ on a bolt on for an item which has already peaked in sales.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 07:54:15 PM »
I don't think the Fluttershy voicebox has her voice actress. She never sounded exactly spot-on to me when I listened to the clips.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:55:54 PM »
^I agree.  I don't think it's fluttershy's voice actress either.  But she sounds pretty close.  I wish BABW could have put a little effort into finding voice actresses for the other ponies that sounded at least vaguely like the characters or at least choose phrases from the show.   

Has anyone been to BABW and heard all the phrases?  The weather had been so cruddy here I haven't had a chance.  Lets see... Twilight will say:"Math is Hard?"  Rainbow Dash will say: "Brush my hair and braid my tail! It looks so pretty!" and Pinkie Pie will say... well honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of something Pinkie wouldn't say.  She's so random!   
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 04:56:59 AM »
I definitely don't think it's Andrea Libman doing Fluttershy's voicebox. It sounds ever so slightly off, but whoever is doing it, does a GREAT job.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal