collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about miniature sets?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Question about miniature sets?
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
Has anybody found/know when the Elements of Harmony and Babysitting Cakes set will be out in the UK? I'm not sure if I have just lost track of time but it seems like months have passed since they were released in the States so I thought they would be here by now, especially since the Pony Lesson and Groovin' Hooves sets have been out since October.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:52:45 AM by CupcakeLoverXx »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Quedtion about miniature sets?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »
I asked an independent UK stockist if he were able to order them and he said they're apparently US store exclusives soooo we're unlikely to see them  :cry:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »
Which stockist did you ask CupidStrikes? Product lists say they are available to all Hasbro subsidiaries; which means if Hasbro UK want to carry them and offer them to stores they can. Doesnt mean that they will...just means that they do have the option on them. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 10:20:06 PM »
Which stockist did you ask CupidStrikes? Product lists say they are available to all Hasbro subsidiaries; which means if Hasbro UK want to carry them and offer them to stores they can. Doesnt mean that they will...just means that they do have the option on them.

Mareplay. I asked specifically about the Cakes family set and he said they weren't available from any of his stock resources. Maybe that has changed, though? Or they were offered to a UK chain exclusively or something? Where can those product lists be viewed? I'd be interested to see those, even if I don't have a whole lot of faith in Hasbro UK offering them to stores  :P
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »
He imports from the US though does he not rather than buying from Hasbro UK? I am sure I have seen his site with stock on some items which Hasbro UK and UK retailers are not given the option of carrying. If a retailer will carry it, Hasbro will normally be happy to sell it - hence why some US store exclusives - such as the Canterlot lets and Pinkie Pies Boutique and even the Collectors Series - get a UK release because a store is happy to carry them. It would be very unusual for Hasbro to full out refuse to allow one of its subsidiaries the chance to sell a product to retailers, especially if an exclusivity deal is country specific [such as the ones we see for most of the US]. However, within the US market, if items are store exclusive then its certainly possible that a wholesaler or even Hasbro US are unable to sell those items on to any other distributor.

I would not be confident that Hasbro UK will offer them out eventually; we all remember how long it took them to take the smaller sets on and ensured that we even missed the first wave of them. Its up to retail buyers and whether they have a space and market for it.

The lists are just product codes from a friend I have who works as a high street retail buyer. She probably should not send me them unfortunately and they are not always super detailed - they say things like "assortment" and often dont detail further than that so you have to work out which wave or set it even means! I dont get them all but she does try to sneak me a copy of the quarterly options.
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »
I think he tries to get stock from Hasbro UK when he can but does import stock from the US as well as those items are largely what people are interested in, rather than stuff they can get from other shops in the UK.

I agree, though, sales numbers for those sets are likely poor, as still I'm seeing the Famous Friends set sat around and the rainbow set has only just disappeared from my local Tesco after being there for about two years  :P It's a shame, as those two larger sets have some interesting unique moulds but I guess we'll have to  import them  >_< Oh well. At least the unique mould Fluttershy is in Wave 9...

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 12:09:20 AM »
I would not be confident that Hasbro UK will offer them out eventually; we all remember how long it took them to take the smaller sets on and ensured that we even missed the first wave of them. Its up to retail buyers and whether they have a space and market for it.
:cry: True, I was really looking forward to collecting all the sets though :( I know I can trade on here or buy online but I like to find things in the flesh (plus I will be able to get the sets a lot cheaper than buying online). I will just hope that Hasbro will surprise us and release it regardless.
Cat, do you happen to know if the Cutie Mark Crusaders & Friends set will be released here?  I'm sure the answer is a resounding no but still...I really want this set too :(

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 12:12:12 AM

Oh well. At least the unique mould Fluttershy is in Wave 9...

I think Nurse Redheart and Mr Cake are too, but I might be remembering wrongly - I've lost track when it comes to Wave 9 :S So glad Flutterhy is in Wave 9 though, at least I can get my favourite pony :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:12:12 AM by CupcakeLoverXx »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:23:28 AM »
Oooh yeah they are. It's a shame Mrs Cake isn't, though; I really love her design and haven't been able to find her brushables in stores near me :( I'm quite concerned about Wave 9, though, as many stores have several boxes of Wave 8 (usually the same half, too. I've seen at least three stores with two to four boxes of one half on the shelf.) that look very full. I just hope they sell soon so stores can order Wave 9 in >.<

I hope we'll get that CMC set, too. Star Dreams and Twist-A-Loo are really gorgeous colours <3

will2Bfree

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 12:39:07 AM »
I think Nurse Redheart and Mr Cake are too, but I might be remembering wrongly - I've lost track when it comes to Wave 9 :S So glad Flutterhy is in Wave 9 though, at least I can get my favourite pony :)

The nurse released in Wave 9 is called Nurse Snowheart. She is a recolor (with different eyes) of Nurse Redheart's mold, but Nurse Redheart is only available in the set.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 01:08:51 AM »
:cry: True, I was really looking forward to collecting all the sets though :( I know I can trade on here or buy online but I like to find things in the flesh (plus I will be able to get the sets a lot cheaper than buying online). I will just hope that Hasbro will surprise us and release it regardless.
Cat, do you happen to know if the Cutie Mark Crusaders & Friends set will be released here?  I'm sure the answer is a resounding no but still...I really want this set too :(

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 12:12:12 AM

Oh well. At least the unique mould Fluttershy is in Wave 9...

The Cutie Mark & Friends Set is not listed at the moment unfortunately. In fact there are no big price items listed at all. At the moment it is apparently US only and even in the US has had a limited retailer pick up for some reason. I would guess if we get it it will turn up as a Tesco direct item or similar. However, our stock is traditionally that 6 month mark behind so it could simply just not be listed as yet.
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 05:48:06 AM »
The Cutie Mark & Friends Set is not listed at the moment unfortunately. In fact there are no big price items listed at all. At the moment it is apparently US only and even in the US has had a limited retailer pick up for some reason. I would guess if we get it it will turn up as a Tesco direct item or similar. However, our stock is traditionally that 6 month mark behind so it could simply just not be listed as yet.

Oh dear :( I try not to go on UK not getting merch rants but I so feel like doing one here :P Some US exclusives turned up on Amazon at not too bad prices recently (like talking Nightmare Moon and the 2nd favourites collection) so maybe they will end up on Amazon eventually...fingers crossed!

The nurse released in Wave 9 is called Nurse Snowheart. She is a recolor (with different eyes) of Nurse Redheart's mold, but Nurse Redheart is only available in the set.

Oh yes,now I remember! Better than no nurse at all I guess :P

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:06 AM »

Oh dear :( I try not to go on UK not getting merch rants but I so feel like doing one here :P Some US exclusives turned up on Amazon at not too bad prices recently (like talking Nightmare Moon and the 2nd favourites collection) so maybe they will end up on Amazon eventually...fingers crossed!

Oh you're not alone at all in being extremely frustrated with the slim pickings here  :hug: I've considered quitting collecting for good more than once due to it. I've moved some interest into G1 instead (funny how a gen over 20 years old still interests new collectors for its variety of ponies whereas one that isn't even 5 years old yet is already stagnating...)

We do have the new blind bag sets to look forward to, though! I really love the unique Princess Twilight mould <3

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Question about miniature sets?
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52:04 AM »

Oh you're not alone at all in being extremely frustrated with the slim pickings here  :hug: I've considered quitting collecting for good more than once due to it. I've moved some interest into G1 instead (funny how a gen over 20 years old still interests new collectors for its variety of ponies whereas one that isn't even 5 years old yet is already stagnating...)

We do have the new blind bag sets to look forward to, though! I really love the unique Princess Twilight mould <3

G1 has so much more variety....and the accessories are insane! :dribble:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »

G1 has so much more variety....and the accessories are insane! :dribble:

Oooh yes and the ribbons and exclusives for more countries than just the US and "Europe" and mail order ponies and different poses and so soft ponies and glitter ponies and ponies with 3D symbols...

I could go on  :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
I agree it is frustrating! Check out Forbidden Planet for items like Nightmare Moon though if there are similar releases next year. They carried NMM and Shadow Dash as well this year - if you have a store close to you it may even work out cheaper than Amazon.

The only thing I actually suddenly thought of regarding that Target pack is, if the pack has been offered as an exclusive to a retailer other than the one my friend works for [starts with A ends with S :P] then it would not have been pitched to her as a product so it wont show up on the list. So maybe we can continue to hope. :)
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal