collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: " Things with Wings" Swap, FINISHED  (Read 22509 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: " Things with Wings" Swap, Parnters assigned, get to work!
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
Poses:  For g1, I'm ok with any of them, g4, same thing.  For g3, I am majorly fond of any baby poses, Donkey pose (have an army, seriously), Kimono, Diva, and Wisteria.  And, feel free to use whatever pose you need to to make things work.

Pinned Butterfly?  As long as it's a butterfly or moth, I'm ok.  NO SPIDERS.  I would seriously have a panic attack.  xD 

Feathers? maybe...I'm still not super sold on them, but I'm not one to squish anyone's creativity!  Still, if you can get by without them, I'd rather them not be there.  >.< 

Open wings/in flight?  I'm in the same conundrum myself.  I like them either way, so whatever works best for you! 

Flocking?  Sure, go right ahead!  xD

Partner, is yarn hair or another alternate fiber hair ok with you?   Sure, that is fine.  I don't mind you sculpting it either!  I'd rather not have embroidery floss, and yarn is great if it's puffy and looks like the dragony-dude above. 

Butterfly miniature in a jar?  YES!  I want one, even if you aren't my partner!  Seriously.  I need one.  xD 

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2014, 01:41:18 AM »
Real feathers: no thanks, again I am not sure what the customs office would think about them ^^;
Flocking: I'm fine with it.
Poses other than my favorites: sure, if the design calls for it and it will look good go for it!
Alternate hair: something like the reference pic would be lovely :D So I will say yes top alternate hair.
Miniature butterfly in a jar: oh, yes please!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:40 AM »
quick question catch up:)
Feathers- im on the fence with feathers if you think that it will be fab then go for it:)
Flocking- sure go for it
Pose- Im pretty easy going as far as poses are concerned so what ever you think works best for the design x
miniature butterfly in a jar- I own one of these little beauties,they are so cute and really well made xx

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
Pose change - agreed to most of the answers, as long as it's not one of the dislike list
Butterfly in a jar - yes, that would be nice
Hair change - yes as long as it would look like in the shown picture

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »
Bait selected and prepping... so much prepping.  GLUE
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
I've been trying to catch up on last minute projects today and get to feeling a bit better, but tomorrow after the cable guy comes to fix our screwy internet, I will try to go get some supplies, and hopefully I can get started with the prep work tomorrow night.  I am having a hard time deciding though...

Question for y'all.  I have only used sculpy, and only done smaller wings/feathers, but I am tempted to use some air dry clay for this project.  What do y'all think?  Branch out into a new medium and experiment a bit, or just try with the sculpy for now?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
Personally I don't mind of you experiment but I'd like a proven durable clay so that I know the piece will last and ship well. :) I use both and have no real preference otherwise.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
Personally I don't mind of you experiment but I'd like a proven durable clay so that I know the piece will last and ship well. :) I use both and have no real preference otherwise.

See, that was partially my concern.  I know how to pack for the sculpy and whatnot, so I'm not so worried about that, but as the other is untested, I'm slightly nervous.  >.< 

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »
I use Apoxie Sculpt that I get in 1/4lb amounts off of Amazon (yay, Prime!). It's a 2 part air dry no shrink and I've found it wonderful so far. Plus it's harder than any other air dry I've used.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »
Apoxie is definitely tough and durable.  Harder than sculpey.  I use it for all of my very small work. 

However, it's costly. Other aridry clays can crumble.  What brands are you looking at? :)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2014, 04:30:04 AM »
I'm making really good progress and I'm so excited about the custom I'm making for my partner.  I've got the bait prepped and am working on sculpting now.  I'm using Apoxie and I'm loving it.  I had used sculpey in the past but it was so soft and I hated the idea of baking the ponies.  Working with the apoxie is like a dream.  So much better than Sculpey! 

Anyway, here are my answers to the questions:

Real Feathers? I think I'd prefer not to have feathers.  I worry about how I would clean them.

Flocking?  I'd be up for that. 

Partner, is yarn hair or another alternate fiber hair ok with you?   I like the yarn in the reference picture.  Before seeing it I would have said I'm not okay with yarn, but using the material that way made a great effect.  So if it's teased out and done in a style similar to the photo I'd be cool with yarn.  I don't like it if it still looks like yarn in the finished product though, if that makes sense.  I'm also not a fan of embroidery floss either.

Butterfly miniature in a jar? OMG that's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen!  Yes, yes if you are my partner I would love one!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2014, 04:47:05 AM »
I dont mind a base for my pony if my partner wants to go that way. I dont mind some real feathers but sculpted is preferred. I love the whizzer, posey, bride and shs pose in g1s  and party cake,citrus sweetheart and core 2 poses for g3 not a big fan of the broken neck pose. No pinned insects please as they wont get thru customs here in aus. I have stated this on my form please not alt fibre hair or sculpted hair. Flocking is ok if it works with the design.. just a not too, partmer I love bling! So whether it be shimmer paints or rhinestones etc im a big fan. As with wing designs I love open or half up and open wings a la ambar/woosie/ darkhorse-esque wings
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:50:28 AM by Stormpony »

Offline carlabarla

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://seethecee.deviantart.com/
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2014, 06:59:32 AM »
I'm excited to work on my custom! Currently trying to collect all the pieces and figure out what colors to paint it.

Guess I should play question catch up lol, I'm so bad at keeping up with them.

Real Feathers? I don't really think so, they might get super dusty in my house and or eaten by children/pets

Flocking?  I love flocking its so fuzzy! Feels so nice :3

Partner, is yarn hair or another alternate fiber hair ok with you? I'm down with anything, I love the poofy look of yarn hair and I don't really have any ponies with made with any other types of hair so it be neat to add to my collection.

Butterfly miniature in a jar?
Very cute idea!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »
gosh everyone is already prepping baits? I have my pony sketched out and an fighting with what colors and pose i want to use. :S

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »
gosh everyone is already prepping baits? I have my pony sketched out and an fighting with what colors and pose i want to use. :S

Don't worry, I haven't gotten that far yet either :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal