collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag pony shelves, what would you pay for them?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag pony shelves, what would you pay for them?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
Those look really nice. If I didn't already spend $40 on a clear acrylic nail polish rack for mine, I'd definitely be interested.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »
I really like these! and have been looking for shelfs like this for not just blind pack ponies, but Lego mini figures for the kiddo and husband. I like painting his shelfs and adding flames ect. my self so I would want to buy unpainted ones. So I would be interested in these shelves! PM me please with pricing arrangements. Oh and for a coupon at lowes you can get one at the post office. Just get a address change envelope and the coupons were in there. I don't know if they still are or not, but it was like 15% off coupon. And of Course if you or a Military Member goes with you, you can save 10% each buy with a Military discount.  :biggrin:
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 05:20:28 AM »
It'd depend on what material was used and how sturdy it was, but going by the picture alone, I'd probably pay between 20-30 for such a shelf if I saw it in person (say, at a store or at a meet/convention.) Unfortunately, I most likely wouldn't bother ordering one from here. As many have said, it's the shipping issue. :( If I happened to be at a con or meet-up or something like that, I'd probably buy more than one, though!
I'll put something here some time

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 11:03:58 AM »
Ouch, I didn't know nail polish racks were that expensive. They do make nice BB shelves though :)

Thanks for the tip about the coupon, Tiffy! I was just at the PO today and forgot about them, shame on me lol. I should be getting to Lowe's tomorrow so I can probably decide on a price tomorrow night.

The frames are made of pine and the slats that make up the shelves are poplar. They're pretty sturdy. The frame has mitered joints and also has metal corner brackets screwed into place at each corner on the back. I route slots into the sides of the frame for the slats to slide into which also adds to their rigidity.

As for the shipping, I mailed off a 4lb 12oz backpack today in a box via Parcel Post and it was $10.05. I don't think my shelves weigh quite that much but the box was about the size they'd have to ship in so maybe shipping costs wouldn't be so terrible. Unless we're talking international, then it'd be crazy expensive  :shocked:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 11:17:05 AM »
They look very nice! I'm currently doing a reorganization of my Pony Room and could possibly use one of these. I'd need the dimensions to see if I can find some wall space that it would fit. My poor BB ponies are currently stored and not displayed.

Offline SailorEarth

• I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
Certainly! They're 14" tall and 23 3/4" wide. I made them to fit above my windows, that's about the only wall space I have left in the room I keep my ponies in  :lookround:

Wish List~Pony Sales

Offline SailorEarth

• I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 02:29:09 PM »
Okay, I went to Lowe's and Wal-Mart to price check today. I worked out that the materials cost $12.44 per shelf. I didn't take into consideration the electricity to run the power tools because I don't know where I'd even start to figure that. As for labor, I spent several hours on my shelves but a lot of that was figuring out the process. I'm sure I could do them in less time than the first try. All things considered, I'm thinking $30 would be fair to both me and potential buyers.

I'll contact everyone who requested a pm from me and I'll plan on having a few of these at the fair. I probably wouldn't do more than 5 to take with me unless they were all spoken for since I'm not sure what the situation is at the hotel. If I knew it wouldn't be a hassle to store some in the car and go grab them as needed I might bring more.

Thanks very much again for all the input, I really appreciate it!  :hug:

Wish List~Pony Sales

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal