collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom  (Read 9520 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 02:28:15 AM »
This thread is difficult to folow, however, I feel so strongly about my relationship that I'm going to say this:

I have personally met and dealt with MCM at several pony meets and she has ALWAYS been a fair seller, would offer discouts and allow me to set up payments etc.

Sometimes math became fuzzy but it always worked out to both of our satisfaction as long as we went over things (Monica is a busy mom of 3 kids so I know she has a lot going on around her that may sometimes contribute to any confusion)

I would gladly deal with MCM in the future and consider her a friend.

that's my .02 as I believe its important that even though Monica is getting some other bad feedback, the GOOD deserves to be aired as well

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:25 AM »
I thank everyone for their contributions but at this point let's get back on track. Which is the accessory issue between MCM and AJG. Thank you!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 02:47:22 AM »
I think the bottom line here is that when 2 people buy & sell together, and the buyer is sent a picture of specific items, a price is set, and the money is paid, then the buyer should receive exactly what was pictured & agreed upon from the start.

What the seller originally paid for the items (be that higher or lower than the agreed upon price), has nothing to do with the seller NOT sending exactly what was purchased.

This statement is not meant to be perceived as "bullying". This is a simple matter of being a reliable seller. I'm sorry that you two are caught up in this mess, but all of these extra details are not helping to reach a solution. Either those very specific accessories need to be sent to AJG or a partial refund of their value needs to be sent. Withholding them because you were not previously aware of their value reflects very poorly on your reliability as a seller, MCM.
This is about how I feel. At the core of it, a buyer needs to know that they'll be getting all the items they agreed upon from a seller, not an excuse. And a good seller, when they slip up, works to make it right asap. This thread is just...concerning, that's all.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:21 AM »
For what little it may effect the situation I know Maycrestmom and have met her many times in person and completed several transactions with her.
She's very sweet and kind and I have no doubt she will take care of any problems in any of her transactions if she is aware of them. It takes a little while for her to respond sometimes but she is an awesome person. I know you two will work everything out.

Ditto

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »
Sounds like what is needed here is a good arbitrator, maybe a MOD, whom both sides agree to and agree to be bound by their decision and who can look through all the messages and PayPal records and listen to both stories and then come to a fair and equitable decision. :)
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »
I've been following this too, having never dealt with either of you (that I can remember) hoping to be impartial and figure out a solution for you both, but wow, this is confusing. Maybe we need to submit the PM's and paypal records to a mod, who can sort this out, and maybe construct a graphic of the original trade/purchase:

AJG                  <--------------------->                 MCM

$ amount                                             GITD Princess
                                                            Accessories
                                                            Princesses

and then what each member has in their possession:

AJG                              MCM

GITD Princess           $ amount
$ amount?                Accessories
                                 Princesses

and complete or reverse the transaction from there?

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 11:03:30 PM »
The Mod Team would be more than happy to mediate for the two of you. If both of you could send communications to either Ringlets or I, we will take it to the team to be discussed.

Hopefully we will be able to help sort through this obviously very confusing transaction.

Also at this point anything irrelevant will be deleted.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:50:25 AM by ponylady »

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2014, 01:35:19 AM »
Hefty and Ember, I am glad that you have had success with your friend.  I however, was not afforded the luxury of proper communication.  Would you have expected to wait over 2 weeks for communication when you had purchased an over $400 pony?  Your friend did this to me.  I would see her log on and off and log on and post and log off but never reply.  When she discovered she had miscalculated and I owed some additional monies I wrote her back to confirm that I should send the incorrect accessories and send the money.  She never replied.  She continued to log on and be friends with you and others but to me she just left me waiting for a reply.  I sent the incorrect accessories back in good faith she would continue to work with me but then I received a message from her to say the transaction was finished, no other options were given to me.  I did look back at the payments when she told me that the payments were short and I did send $425 between 4 payments, so I do not dispute that and did offer to send the difference.  However when MCM became difficult to communicate with I was not going to send more money until I had the remaining details sorted.  She also has been very slippery on here when discussing this transaction.  We discussed in PMs that the accessories were variant ones but then she gets on here and says she did not know they were different, alleges that she just sent whatever accessories and thought we had agreed for me to keep them, but we never said anything like that, she made that up. She only replied once before the accessories were sent. This was the reply

Re: Urgent Response Needed
« Sent to: Applejackgirl on: November 02, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

oh dear - sorry I slipped on this deal  :blush: I did completely forget about the other princesses  :blush: and then I boffed on telling you payments due to only total $425...ugh

OK = so I have been digging through the PMs and here is what I found - sure we can work all this out :-) sorry again for my mush brain and all of reality smacking at once

this from August 4th (changed the font color to keep track of the cut-paste in this PM)

so I will be happy to send her back in that exact shape and she will have her original stuff - she also came with a scarf around her neck not in the picture that the seller said she thought she remembered was original too = so I can send that along

but if you don't mind the swap out = I am fine to send you the fiskycat GITD with accessories and you can then pair her up with your red dragon and it's all good to me

and payments now/tomorrow and the 15th are fine

yay :-) glad to know another UK princess is happy in an arena-member home :-)

oh before I forget did you want to skip on the other regular princesses?  no pressure - realize it's after the fair and all

Monica

I think my last message was blank, rofl, sorry about that!!  I would be fine with the swap out, the one with the current blue tail is just "speaking" to me, lol.  Silly, right??!!  Scarf??  I remember reading that in the listing and thought it would be a home made item.  But if you say she thinks that is original, I am intrigued!!  And I did skip over the other princesses... yes, please, I would still like them, trying to get them for cheap on ebay is hard because of the shipping.

so after your response I figured I was sending you fiskycat's princess along with accessories and that it didn't matter to be with the accessories that went with the other put-together.  So yes,  the hat is another I thought was a close match and that's why there were differences = sorry for the confusion on that part.

and then there is this PM from August 15

So total is $467.50 regular paypal or if you go as a gift $453.75 :-) = both have tracking (didn't add insurance as I figure main thing is for her not to get lost!)

she's all packed and ready to go - just send me your ship addy here if I don't get it through paypal

thanks!!

Monica

So I am so sorry that when the payments got spread way out, I got confused and then when I was telling you/keeping track of payments you had sent in like $200 and I was like "$225 to go" or something to that effect  -  that was the PM that got us off track as I didn't think thereafter about including princesses... so sorry

I just got an Amber in her box so switched out my loose one, so I have a decent Miss Yellow for sale/trade.  I have a bait tiffany = haircut.  I have a primrose and royal blue in fine shape.  So were you looking for bait?  I'll be happy to mail you tiffany gratis in apology for the mix-up.  Were you interested in the 3 others?

I cannot find the PMs on how we discussed those/price-wise - so any luck on your end?  I'll be happy to sell and mail them - just need to work out a payment for them :-)

So at any rate thanks for the ping = yep let me know how you want to handle things from here :-)

Monica

That last line said we would work through it but then she never did.  She waited for me to return the items and then just kept them.  I believe the heart of the matter is that she does not want to give up the accessories now and that is why she would not agree to me remitting the difference and closing this up.

The Mod Team would be more than happy to mediate for the two of you. If both of you could send communications to either Ringlets or I, we will take it to the team to be discussed.

Hopefully we will be able to help sort through this obviously very confusing transaction. Also at this point anything irrelevant to the original issue at hand will be deleted.

Ponylady- I believe you are in possession of all of the communication between us.  I would accept any further direction from you in this matter.  I have given MCM ample opportunity to sort it out with me privately but her unwillingness to resolve this brings me to you.  Please let me know if there is anything further that you need from me?

Final comment regarding the ebay transaction... MCM has also contended that she offered a "win-win" deal.  Let it be known that the Spike she offered $25 on was listed at $35.  So her win win scenario was for me lose out on $10 from the offer price but gain back $8-9 in ebay fees... so I was still actually losing money.  When I countered back at $30 I was actually gaining a little back and she was not having to pay full price.  That would be what I would consider a good deal for both, it is unfortunate MCM became very unpleasant in her message to me.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 03:16:39 PM »
Just sticking my foot in here -
Any further mention of the SH and it's contents will have the member banned from the Arena.
MCM - this means you.

I have removed the comments thus far.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 07:15:38 PM »
"I have given MCM ample opportunity to sort it out with me privately"   

ah no...

This is where we have a major perception difference.  A week is not two weeks  (and I have waited longer from other members for more expensive items, but whatever, you can be different).  I thought I had sent you a PM - sorry, I share my desktop and I will sometimes have this site up and a PM started and leave then come back, type more... thought I sent you message which was why I was in the frame of mind I was awaiting your response = I was not expecting you to send me the accessories back.

So we have a perception problem. 

I have no PMs from you after my message saying I think we are done - you paid $425 and you now have a GITD.  If that was not satisfactory to you, then I needed to read that = I have nothing.

I have no PMs from you after I send you $5 and a request to please cancel my purchase (since I'd paid as a gift already).  I had no idea you've been a ball of hurt for months now... way too long in my book

As a gesture of fairness I am sending over $20 to your paypal.  Sorry you felt hurt in your dealings with me... I felt hurt by your not PMing me privately and trying to solve things - really solve things.

You still want to leave negative feedback, feel free.  Some people just need to focus on the glass is half empty

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
why wouldnt you just send her the correct accessories that she paid for? isnt that the crux here? she paid for accessories that she didnt recieve therefore sending her the CORRECT accessories would close out the trade.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2014, 08:04:48 PM »
She didn't pay for accessories.  There is no trade going on.

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »
She did pay originally for accessories AND baits. Why don't you send the missing items??

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »
I think the easy way to sort this is go back to original trade. Pony, baits, accessories (if available still)- correct money paid as portrayed at the beginning. When this is done trade is finished. Happy days. Mcm Some of your writings are confusing. Me and you had a nice trade with variants. But it saddens me to see another member not so happy.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
She didn't pay for accessories.  There is no trade going on.
The thing is she did pay for the accessories from my understanding of all this. I would highly advise you to not send anything to her Paypal account until you both can come to an agreement on this. That's like giving a child a cookie and say here, stop crying cause I can't deal with it. It needs worked out.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal