collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind bag arrived with defect [RESOLVED!]  (Read 743 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Blind bag arrived with defect [RESOLVED!]
« on: December 28, 2013, 01:37:17 AM »
I ordered a loose blind bag Octavia from Ebay and she arrived today. She has a dark mark/dent by her cutie mark that was not mentioned in the listing and is not in the photos, and as she was securely bubble-wrapped in a bubble envelope I think she was likely damaged before being posted. If I contact the seller and they say to send her back at my expense, can I then refuse and just keep her or will Ebay make me return her? It would cost a ridiculous amount of money to send her back and I don't want to be much more out of pocket due being sent a defective item. I realise the quality of blind bags is generally very poor but I wouldn't have bought her had the listing reflected her condition. At least I didn't pay very much for her, but I don't really want to display her looking like that...

I have two other blind bags in the mail from this seller and I'm really hoping they're in the condition they were in in the photos =/

This is the dent/mark: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Does anyone have any ideas for fixing it? There is actually a chunk of plastic missing and I'm unsure paint won't look just as obvious.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:57:33 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Blind bag arrived with defect, will ebay force me to pay to return it?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:50:21 AM »
Ebay can't force you to return an item, ebay and/paypal can state that if you want a refund you must return the item with tracked shipping, but if you don't want to be out more money then it's your choice to just keep it.

Have you tried contacting the seller? Most sellers are pretty good about coming to a resolution that benefits both parties. I would contact the seller first and then go from there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 01:54:16 AM »
I would first and fore most contact your seller and tell them you are not happy. In most cases the seller is happy to work with their buyer. They may offer you a full refund or they may offer to pay the return shipping. It's all going to depend on your seller though and how they want to handle it.

Just a side note though if your seller does offer a refund upon return, yes you will most likely have to pay the return shipping. Ebay will not force them to pay to have it returned to them.  :huh:   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:58:54 AM »
Ebay can't force you to return an item, ebay and/paypal can state that if you want a refund you must return the item with tracked shipping, but if you don't want to be out more money then it's your choice to just keep it.

Have you tried contacting the seller? Most sellers are pretty good about coming to a resolution that benefits both parties. I would contact the seller first and then go from there.

Not yet, I was just curious if I would have my hands tied to return her if I opened a case as I've never had to report a damaged/defective item before. Thank you for clearing that up :) I'll go contact the seller now.

I would first and fore most contact your seller and tell them you are not happy. In most cases the seller is happy to work with their buyer. They may offer you a full refund or they may offer to pay the return shipping. It's all going to depend on your seller though and how they want to handle it.

Just a side note though if your seller does offer a refund upon return, yes you will most likely have to pay the return shipping. Ebay will not force them to pay to have it returned to them.  :huh:   

Seems a little off that the buyer has to pay to return an item that is defective or wrongly described =/ I doubt the seller would pay return shipping as to have her shipped back fully tracked would be something like £50 x_x
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:08:33 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 02:04:45 AM »
Unfortunately that is the way it works I am afraid. I don't make the rules, just answering your question.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »
Unfortunately that is the way it works I am afraid. I don't make the rules, just answering your question.

Oh well. I'll see what the seller says and go from there ^^ Thank you for answering my question. I'm so glad this forum is here ^^

At least this happened with a cheap item and not a grail or something expensive.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:12:00 AM by CupidStrikes »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:00 AM »
That really sucks :(  Incidentally, if you are looking to replace her - The Entertainer in Cheltenham had this set in on Friday. 

It does depend on the seller whether you need to return for a refund or not. I once bought a MLP mug on ebay which arrived with the handle smashed - it had obviously broke in transit.  I messaged the seller and within 1 day I had my money refunded with no need to return the item. 

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:14:06 AM »
!
That really sucks :(  Incidentally, if you are looking to replace her - The Entertainer in Cheltenham had this set in on Friday. 

It does depend on the seller whether you need to return for a refund or not. I once bought a MLP mug on ebay which arrived with the handle smashed - it had obviously broke in transit.  I messaged the seller and within 1 day I had my money refunded with no need to return the item. 

I'm glad to hear they have that set just in case! I'm honestly more concerned about the other blind bags I bought from this seller - Cadence and Shining Armour won't be so easy to replace if they're also damaged  :cry:

The seller's few neutrals and negatives mention they have poor communication, but I'll remain hopeful for now ^^

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 05:09:56 AM »
Did you get these from the Far East then?  I have heard they can be unreliable in terms of quality.  Also if they are, the sellers there tend to be extra cautious to ensure good feedback, they may just refund you without you needing to return the pony.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 05:18:39 AM »
Did you get these from the Far East then?  I have heard they can be unreliable in terms of quality.  Also if they are, the sellers there tend to be extra cautious to ensure good feedback, they may just refund you without you needing to return the pony.

Yeah I did ^^ I'm hoping it'll be that easy!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 05:26:18 AM »
Yeek, I'm used to poor quality from Chinese sellers (they often sell factory rejects, after all), but I've never seen a chunk like that taken out of a pony! Which seller is it? Some have better customer service than others. For example, mangoflavorcm accidentally sent me a Skywishes that was missing her front hair (there weren't even any holes for it, so I assume it never got put in), and when I messaged them about it, they immediately offered to send a new one. Best seller!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »
Let us know how it goes!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 12:57:58 AM »
I messaged the seller with a photo of the damage and they replied this morning asking if I wanted a refund or a replacement. I asked for a replacement and I just got a message back saying they'll send it tomorrow ^^

Oddly, the original listing says you have to return it if you receive a damaged or defective item  :huh: Maybe they ought to change that, haha. I'll update if Cadence and Shining Armour arrive damaged, and what condition the replacement is in ^^

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 02:51:51 AM »
Hope the second time around works out for you!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 08:56:50 AM »
Update! Replacement Octavia arrived and she's in perfect condition (for a blind bag, anyway!  :lol: ) Cadence and Shining Armour also arrived in good condition  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal