collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why Won't Hasbro make any more brushable boy ponies?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Why Won't Hasbro make any more brushable boy ponies?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 06:07:43 AM »
Simple Hasbro answer:  Because Shining Armor's sales didn't spike through the roof and sell out with this NEW ~*WEDDING CASTLE*~ SET!!!<3!!!.

What should have been obvious to Hasbro: Sales were naturally not going to sell out because the castle set price point was much more expensive than the initial brushable or blindbag and worse, on par with another toyline's products.  Why buy the $40 MLP castle when the $40 Barbie house that's 2x the size is on sale for $10 cheaper or has a Get-a-Doll-Free promotion?  Or when Lego just released the favorite movie character in a new set? 

Hasbro has stayed alive as a company for always having a slightly more affordable (CHEAPER!) toy for consumers to buy...  don't expect them to change anytime soon.  They thrive off of creating other options but it's not a high-quality product by any stretch of means... let's not forget they began as a company around the beginning of last century by offering *gasp!* plastic toys to children instead of wooden or metal toys.  When you were having scrap metal drives and burning furniture to stay warm... you probably appreciated the option of a cheap plastic toy that you could give your children at the holidays. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 06:09:35 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »
and if they wanted to do a "villain" then King Sombra would be interesting to see.
I would love to add Sombra to my collection.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »
I think a Sombra would be AMAZING. It would fit in the new Favorites collection 2014 PERFECTLY!!!

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »
I wish we had some more guys.. I would love a sombra ( my chrysalis needs some love!).
I have said before that there were a lot of people at hasbro that are caught up in the whole "target" audiance thing.
but lately over the years they seem to have gotten better.
(DONT get me started on some of the transformers fiasco)
i hope so!

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 11:47:45 PM »
Let's just cross our fingers and hope Hasbro someday sees the light...

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 01:16:34 AM »
I always wonder what children Hasbro uses for their "target test" b/c I only had 2 pink ponies as a kid (happy tails Tabby and candy cane Sugar Sweet). I had 1 big brother, 1 sea pony, 2 SHS (one glitter one not), 1 sparkle pony, etc, etc
I had variety and NO duplicates
I actually didn't have duplicates of any ponies that my friends did either, so when we played we had ALL different ponies

what are kids supposed to do with 15 pinkies (other than act out that one episode)?

DeviantArt Etsy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 01:29:53 AM »
Maybe Hasbro is trying to show kids they can play out Too Many Pinkie Pies with their 20 Pinkies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 03:34:16 AM »
I always wonder what children Hasbro uses for their "target test" b/c I only had 2 pink ponies as a kid (happy tails Tabby and candy cane Sugar Sweet). I had 1 big brother, 1 sea pony, 2 SHS (one glitter one not), 1 sparkle pony, etc, etc
I had variety and NO duplicates
I actually didn't have duplicates of any ponies that my friends did either, so when we played we had ALL different ponies

what are kids supposed to do with 15 pinkies (other than act out that one episode)?

I guess kids like me :P I loved the colour pink and had duplicates of Applejack and Bow Tie [and I remember my friends certainly had Applejacks as well when we played]. I think sometimes its about creativity - it never bothered me at all that I had ponies of the same colours and the same symbols, sure I probably knew they were all Applejack but they were still able to be enjoyed even though they looked the same.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal