collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minty  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
Minty
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
What does everyone here think about Minty? I'm in a Minty mood, since it's only a matter of days now until Christmas and she's a seasonal pony (not to mention she had a forty-minute movie dedicated to herself.)

I myself personally think she is adorable and often steals the show for G3 cartoons. Now she's finally an official G4 character, I think they should devote at least one episode in season 4 to her (I made a season 4 episode once where she was Fluttershy's roommate/adviser and was her first friend she made in Ponyville.)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Minty
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 03:56:46 PM »
Minty/Wysteria OTP

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
I wish I owned a Minty. Better go off to amazon or ebay to look for a glitter celebration...

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:18:30 PM »
I've never gotten the chance to see any Minty cartoon action  :( I can't even find "A Very Minty Christmas" on youtube...
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
I've never gotten the chance to see any Minty cartoon action  :( I can't even find "A Very Minty Christmas" on youtube...

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x18p1k8 :)

I love Minty as a cartoon character and it would be lovely if she made an appearance in G4. I would like Minty figures too but the G3 ones are expensive and the G4 brushable hasn't been released here :( I ended up making my own Minty figure by repainting a Pinkie Pie blind bag figure  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:03:36 PM by CupcakeLoverXx »

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:33 PM »
Minty is best pony.  She's adorable, clumsy, OCD, and she loves socks.  I posted earlier about how I think they should do "A Very Minty Hearth's Warming" as an episode of FIM (they already have her voice actress on the payroll), but they missed the boat for doing it this year.  Which is a pity since her toy is currently available.

On a related note, I'd love to see more G3 ponies made into brushables.  Hasbro claims to have lost the trademarks for G1 ponies but G3 ponies should still be covered.  So why can't we get Star Catcher, Sweetsong, Razzaroo, Waterfire, Sunny Daze, Toola Roola, Sew-n-So, Starsong, Thistle Whistle, etc.?  A non-glittery Wysteria would be great too.

It used to be on Youtube but since its currently available in stores I think Hasbro made them pull it down.  I got it at Walmart  amonth ago for $9.96 and I saw it at K-Mart last week for $7.50.  Well worth it!
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Noepse

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »
I think she is pretty cute, but I don't really get why she is that popular to tell the truth.  :blush:
I'd like to have her in my collection someday though. uAu

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
:socks: I want the winter special one with pink arty bits on her a bit like a TAF pony.

I don't understand the mass popularity of any extremely popular pony, same with the thing now called Muffin and the G1 Mimic. Why any one pony gathers a large following i don't know.

I love Minty but I also love other ponies, I have my faves obviously but they usually aren't hugely popular with others. With Minty it's probably the colours and the Minty Christmas is cool. I love the obsession with socks :socks:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:33:25 PM »
I'd like to get a Minty figure, if they ever made an non-brushable one. I do own "A Very Minty Christmas" on DVD (bought about an week ago, from an Finnish auction site) and I'm going to watch it on Christmas Eve tomorrow or on Christmas Day. The first time I saw the animation was late summer, when it appeared on Netflix Finland and I liked it so much, that I wanted to get my own copy on DVD (also because Netflix Finland version is horribly upscaled).

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
I know the arena has many Minty fans and I used to be one. :) She's still nice, but my tastes change I guess.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 12:42:51 AM »
Minty! There's just something awesome about a pony obsessed with socks. I would love it if she actually made an appearance in the g4 show - she'd be BFFs with Pinkie Pie for sure  :newpony:
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:02 AM »
I love Minty!!! I think its cause of her colors or at least that is why I like her :)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 01:53:16 AM »
Mint green is my favorite color so naturally I adore Minty. I don't collect G3 but have seen "A Very Minty Christmas" and her sock song is cute.
:cold:
I'll share some G4 minty pics 

faeriesblood

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 02:36:24 AM »
I adore Minty as a whole. I love her colors and I love mint and mint-flavored things

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:17 AM »
She's very adorable, and loveable.  She's actually my favorite G3 pony.  She provides the comedy on one hand, but is also a very caring pony, it's obvious her friends mean a lot to her.  She's actually somewhat of a realistic character as she has very human flaws, making her relatable. Also, I really like her friendship with Pinkie for some reason.

I feel she's kind of a spotlight stealer as well; Obviously "A Very Minty Christmas" is her episode, but she seems to steal the show in other episodes that aren't actually her's - "A Charming Birthday" is a good example.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal