collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else really bored with G4?  (Read 9910 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else really bored with G4?
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »
i'm a  bit fed up withthe same ponys over and over..   and there like "oh  people will buy them anyway"   yeah i   did   buy the through the mirror sunset shimmer cause she looks cool  but  agian its not a main  6.  dont you think they'd learn that people want different   ponys not the    same   mane  6 with different accesorys.   its liek the new rainbow power line.  oh  just becuase it  has rainbow ocloered tinsel you "have to get it"  shoot i go to wallmart and i see   about 50  pricness twiligth sparkle and   50 pricness cadance   fashions tlye dolls some of the overpriced    castles.    and     the giant twilight thats  too expensive.  adn a ton  of the  4.00 mane  six. and the  2 packs with  the pricness and one of the  mane 6. if your expecting us to sell otu a lot of money at least have the QC to back it up.

hoenstly i would love to have new  ponys but i doubt were gettign them becuas there  proably goign to shift there focus from brushables to blind bags.. becuase thre cheaper and easier to make  and for soem reaon a lot  of   people like tem. (i'm not a blind bag fan)   

i think this whole line stated out as Core 7. and ocsanially they'll add a new pony in.  the deisgn a ponys are cool and i'd  love to see ddifernet ones. but we need more boy ponys. not the same ponys. i really hacvnt had a desire to buy anyhtign new..    i   was excited to find the spitfire in TRU awhile back.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »
I miss the Shine Bright ponies. Can't Hasbro make more stuff like those these days?

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2013, 02:58:36 AM »
I admit I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if this was already mentioned. But what I never understand is that they bother to give the ponies distinctive hairstyles in the new cartoon, but not on the toys.

It. It just sort of irks me. Laziness.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2013, 03:04:00 AM »
I admit I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if this was already mentioned. But what I never understand is that they bother to give the ponies distinctive hairstyles in the new cartoon, but not on the toys.

I think MLPs are meant for creative play. And just giving them their standard hairstyles in the show is boring :s you can style the hair, that's why they have hair :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2013, 03:36:39 AM »

I think MLPs are meant for creative play. And just giving them their standard hairstyles in the show is boring :s you can style the hair, that's why they have hair :P
That's what I was thinking.  The point was you could give your pony her (or his) own distinctive look based on your imagination and change it as you wish.  How they look in the show is just one way their hair can be styled.

Though, the G4 playful style toys do look silly with how much hair that have.  It lays flat on the ground.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2013, 04:23:21 AM »
Sorry, I should've clarified- I meant more on the ones with moulded hair, not the brushables.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2013, 04:26:48 AM »
(Meanwhile Hasbro is making a dozen new figures for Transformer fans based on random (also awesome) background IDW comic book characters)

/end-rant

:sad:

The reason for this crap is that they think male fans buy more merchandise and figures than female fans and Transformers is still kinda male-dominated (even though there was an explosion of female fans during the last few years). They don't seem to acknowledge that female 'nerds' take collecting and fandom just as serious as male ones. Case in point: they started catering to Bronies even though Bronies only make up a part of all MLP fans. But Bronies to them are "adult male fans of MLP" and being male automatically catapults them into the "power buyer" category. What did the regular fans of MLP get before the Bronies? A SDCC exclusive and that was that.
And just to be perfectly clear, I'm not bashing Bronies and I don't intend to start a Brony discussion. I'm bashing Hasbro and their third party sellers for treating the other MLP fans as lesser consumers.

We also used to get a Fair exclusive and we got a selection of Art ponies in addition to the SDCC exclusive. Pre FiM and pre bronies, Hasbro catered much better to adult female fans much better than they do now.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2013, 05:43:19 AM »
Does it count if I have been bored with G4 since they showed us the character design?  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2013, 06:10:03 AM »
Does it count if I have been bored with G4 since they showed us the character design?  :(
Wouldn't that be more of a "I don't like it to begin with" mentality?

Admittedly, I would like to see MLP to go back to looking more like ponies.  I know it's not as conducive to the rubber hose physics and cartoon expressions of Friendship is Magic, but they're supposed to be ponies.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »
I'm resigned to collect only FS sized ponies (I hate the regular size... they're so tiny!... and hard to style) and as for normals perhaps a few characters I like and every iteration of Rainbow Dash for my growing army and only if she has a significant difference between issues (like normal vs glimmer wings and crystal motion)

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »

Admittedly, I would like to see MLP to go back to looking more like ponies.  I know it's not as conducive to the rubber hose physics and cartoon expressions of Friendship is Magic, but they're supposed to be ponies.
Agreed :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2013, 06:14:34 AM »

Agreed :P
Actually, I wouldn't mind getting away from the over the top cartoon antics and expressions of Friendship is Magic.  The novelty has worn off.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2013, 01:57:56 AM »

Hahaha, somewhat yes.  It has been a really boring 3-4 years of MLP released in stores for me.  :) 

I would like to see a toyline that isn't tied to a cartoon in some way.  I realize that's insane but I don't want the same pop culture treatment that MLP has gotten in recent years. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2013, 02:06:38 AM »
Frankly, I would like to see an MLP cartoon that was given the same respect as Transformers Prime.  It didn't need the injection of pop culture and in-jokes to be a very engaging story.  Though, I'm ready to see My Little Pony shed the slice of life label completely (which would take much of the pop culture crap with it) and return to being a high fantasy series.  Girls like action and adventure too.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »
I was not a few months ago, but I am now. There is nothing new and they are all the same ponies. The new Rainbow Rarity is in the store now. But I am not sure if I want to get her. I have the other one that is not the rainbow. I will have to wait and see when the other rainbow ponies come out in the spring. But right now I have almost no interest in any of them :( 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal